Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one can be as incompetent or corrupt as the Congress.
    You are being partial towards the BJP, Shiv Sena, BSP, SP,...(shall I go on) when you say that.
    Please vote for Modi. Don't dilute the mandate he needs to do something for us.
    I would have loved to do that - give one party the complete mandate.
    I was very happy to see them come to power in 1996...but then their saffron gangs were let loose on both muslims and christians. In every state that they came to power they unleashed the Bajrang Dal.
    This is what makes me dislike the BJP.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Oh ye of little faith....
      O ye of blind faith....

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
        You are being partial towards the BJP, Shiv Sena, BSP, SP,...(shall I go on) when you say that.

I was very happy to see them come to power in 1996...but then their saffron gangs were let loose on both muslims and christians. In every state that they came to power they unleashed the Bajrang Dal.
        Sir, that Might have been the case with the older BJP leadership, but I highly doubt Modi would allow any of that to repeat again. Also I am voting for Modi not for BJP.
        Last edited by commander; 09 Apr 14,, 10:34. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by commander View Post
          Also I am voting for Modi not for BJP.
          Excellent point commander. Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
            LT doesn't your skin crawl the way the Congress is brazenly wooing the Imam and the Bishop in Muslim and Christian heavy states. Is this the "secularism" you want for our land and our kids for tomorrow?

Sorry for the strong words, but I find the Congress disgusting.

Comment

Just to derail this thread a bit...

BJP sounds a hell of a bad name for a political party in my opinion. Could be my dirty mind or something, but having a (what i read) BJ Party raises a question, are they givers, takers or both?

Back to your regular programming, while i try to find a place to hide.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Just to derail this thread a bit...

BJP sounds a hell of a bad name for a political party in my opinion. Could be my dirty mind or something, but having a (what i read) BJ Party raises a question, are they givers, takers or both?

Back to your regular programming, while i try to find a place to hide.
                After 10 years of a Prime Minister whose been blowing (something) non stop, most of us are too jaded to reply.

Not me though. My mind is always in the gutter.

Comment

P.S. Mods could merge this thread and the one for Indian Parliamentary Elections.

This time around the Indian Parliamentary Elections and the BJP are one and the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    Just to clarify my stand on post # 2 - hitting an enemy first (with cruise missiles) before they hit us with nukes is my idea of controlled aggression.
                    You don't have the missile numbers. The Chinese might, 2000 conventionally armed missiles at last count, but they're aiming at Taiwan and possibly North Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      You don't have the missile numbers. The Chinese might, 2000 conventionally armed missiles at last count, but they're aiming at Taiwan and possibly North Korea.
                      Sir, are you saying it can be done if the numbers support? What about intel, satellite imagery, HUMINT etc?

Prithvi I was inducted in 1994, Brahmos was inducted in 2006 (Land attack variant) - if they still are short of numbers, what in heaven's sake are the establishment doing?
                      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Do the math. The Chinese had used 5 missiles to replace 1 single nuke. They may have reduced that down to 3. At a minimum, if you need 3 nukes to take out a target, now, you need 9 missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Do the math. The Chinese had used 5 missiles to replace 1 single nuke. They may have reduced that down to 3. At a minimum, if you need 3 nukes to take out a target, now, you need 9 missiles.
                          So its a money thing or a lead time thing (with us as usual being late to the party)?

Comment

It is always a money thing. Again, do the math, 2000 missiles. How much is that going to cost? Not just the missiles but also raising the regiments and training them to standard. The Chinese took 30 years to build up this number with one single purpose in mind, Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                              LT doesn't your skin crawl the way the Congress is brazenly wooing the Imam and the Bishop in Muslim and Christian heavy states. Is this the "secularism" you want for our land and our kids for tomorrow?

Sorry for the strong words, but I find the Congress disgusting.
                              I have been having same thought as well. Too many things are done in the name of secularism. If BJP tries to woo all Hindu voters with similar strategy then every media in India would be crying foul. However when it comes to CONgress or anything Muslim related the media keeps mum. Cheap politics :slap:

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                                To be fair Congress are also equally if not more inept.
                                From my own reading and other previous nuke related threads here, it is just like OOE put it.
                                For a small nuke power NFU is the only game in town.
                                They do not claim to be the macho men in the room, BJP does, with all their jingoistic pseudo patriotic fervour. And if anyone is counting, the last engagement (1971) where we gave the other side a real whopping was under Congress. Hell, the last time we made them look like fools (1984) was also under Congress.

Kargil does not count as a whopping, it counts as a shameful back to wall face saving event. The Army fought bravely and our courageous men lost blood, but our macho emn politicos did not have the balls to take the fight to the enemy.
                                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X