Camp Lejeune water 1957-1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Lejeune water 1957-1987

Do you know someone that was stationed at Lejeune during those times? Or was a spouse/child that lived on base housing. Must have been there for at least 30 days.

Ask if they have received their info packet from the Va and HQMC on the water. They also need to go to the Marine Corps website and register for updates and to get their name put in the database.

Bottom line, we drank contaminated water, our food was prepared with contaminated water and we bathed in contaminated water. We have a higher chance of contracting some really bad things. The VA has been directed to pay for the treatment of some of those things for veterans but dependents are not covered yet.

Camp Lejeune Marines from that time have a higher rate of cancer of the cervix, Kidney, liver, lung, pancreas, prostate, rectum and soft tissue. Hodgkin Lymphoma, Leukemia, Multiple melanomas and Multiple Sclerosis.

Semper Fi

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/res...n_rev12_13.pdf

Hum thanks my Father would fit into that group. At least I'm fairly sure. Good news is he's now in his mid 60's and non of the issues. But probably wouldn't hurt for him to be informed and checked out.

Comment

Yep, I was a dependant during that time period, so the family is tracking it.

Comment

I have an old friend from high school days (1960's) who was stationed there in 1963-xxx. He has pancreatic cancer, knows about the situation at Lejeune, been thru chemo, is dying from the cancer, and has accepted it. Very sad to say the least. Politics is more important than the lives of our vets/families.

Comment

Working...
        X