No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another stupid "sport" put on so you retards would be distracted enough to not worry about the fact that they slip in a bunch of non-whites because hey, "they're just like us" or "we all bleed red" or, the most hilarious of them all, "divesity is our strength". Bunch of stupid sheeple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
      Just another stupid "sport" put on so you retards would be distracted enough to not worry about the fact that they slip in a bunch of non-whites because hey, "they're just like us" or "we all bleed red" or, the most hilarious of them all, "divesity is our strength". Bunch of stupid sheeple.
      Dun ta dun dun Click image for larger version

Name:	mob.gif
Views:	2
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1468918

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
        Just another stupid "sport" put on so you retards would be distracted enough to not worry about the fact that they slip in a bunch of non-whites because hey, "they're just like us" or "we all bleed red" or, the most hilarious of them all, "divesity is our strength". Bunch of stupid sheeple.
        begone
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• India currently demolishing England in Tests. Good times!!
          Excellent Over from Ashwin, made the ball dance all around poor Bairstow! Can't wait for the Ind v Aus test series next. Can't see the Aussies being any better...

https://streamable.com/istd

Comment

• Ind v Aus. It's been a cracker of a series so far. Scores level at 1:1. Final game starts tonight, can't let the convicts keep the Border-Gavaskar Trophy. Hyped!!

Comment

• A series filled with some great cricket is going to be unfortunately remembered only for the ball-tampering scandal

Australia ball-tampering: Steve Smith, David Warner & Cameron Bancroft sent home from SA

Bancroft and Smith were exposed during the third day of the third Test when images showed the opening batsman take what he said was yellow tape out of his trouser pocket before rubbing the ball.

After the day's play, Smith admitted the team's "leadership group" had a plan, carried out by Bancroft, to tamper with the ball to "get an advantage".

After beginning an investigation on Sunday, Cricket Australia told reporters on Tuesday that their sanctions will be in addition to those imposed on Smith and Bancroft by the sport's world governing body.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) banned Smith for one match and fined him his entire match fee, while Bancroft was fined 75% of his match fee and given three demerit points.
              Smith basically admitted they made a plan to cheat to win. He can't be let off lightly after that. Total shitstorm after the ugly incidents in the previous match. Not good publicity for Test cricket especially considering the already dwindling ticket sales.

Australia's two best batsmen - Smith and Warner (who also seems to be involved) have forever tarnished their reputations. Doesn't matter how many runs they score after this.
              Last edited by Firestorm; 28 Mar 18,, 00:49.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                  A series filled with some great cricket is going to be unfortunately remembered only for the ball-tampering scandal

Australia ball-tampering: Steve Smith, David Warner & Cameron Bancroft sent home from SA

Smith basically admitted they made a plan to cheat to win. He can't be let off lightly after that. Total shitstorm after the ugly incidents in the previous match. Not good publicity for Test cricket especially considering the already dwindling ticket sales.

Australia's two best batsmen - Smith and Warner (who also seems to be involved) have forever tarnished their reputations. Doesn't matter how many runs they score after this.
                  Smith has already received a greater penalty than any player in the history of Test cricket for ball tampering and he will be further punished. Same for Bancroft & Warner. Smith & Warner were also stripped of their Captaincy & Vice Captaincy, As far as I am aware no other player has ever missed a Test for ball tampering or been seriously sanctiend by their own cricket board.

The opposing captain, Faf Du Plessis, has been found guilty of ball tampering twice and only been fined. Fines were also handed out to Mike Atherton, Vernon Philander, Rahul Dravid & others. The only games ever missed as a result of ball tampering were limited overs games. When Pakistan was caught ball tampering they stormed off the ground, screamed 'racism' and refused to finish the game. When Sachin Tendulkar was caught ball tampering India threw a giant tantrum, withdrew from the tour & stood over the ICC until it changed its decision to 'cleaning the ball without permission' (pull the other one, it plays jingle bells). Funnily enough none of the above mentioned & more (Waqar, Shahid Afridi, Martin Crowe, Michael Vaughan, Marcus Trescothick etc) had their reputations 'tarnished forever'.

But this time its Australia, so the punishment has to be greater and the reaction more over the top. Of course, even greater punishment won't satisfy people. Nothing will. The reaction isn't really about the offence, so no response that relates to the offence could ever be enough.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Smith & Warner out of all top level cricket in Australia for 12 months & Bancroft for 9 months. That includes all first class & Test cricket and covers next summer's Test series against India. The highest they can play is grade cricket.

I think it is fair to assume that if Indian players were caught doing something similar with a series against Australia in the next 12 months there isn't the slightest chance they would get bans covering that series....if they got bans of any sort.
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Its quite clear what needs to be done here, India, England, South Africa & New Zealand need to get together and form a Quad to contain the excesses of the hegemonic and ruthless Aussies

Comment

• India in a dominant position against England in the third test. Down 2-0 in the series though. Exciting series this. Did not expect the Indian batsmen to grow a spine and start applying themselves so quickly after the routing dished out to them in the previous games. Kohli in a league of his own!

Comment

• 4-1 scoreline doesn't mean we were outplayed: Kohli

Top-order and middle order batsmen were all a failure, barring a few knocks here and there. ZERO footwork playing on hostile foreign, fast, swing pitches. Bumbra as always, doesn't mind, fixing his overstepping problem. This damn team couldn't even draw one single test. They surrendered in a pathetic fashion, and have been doing it for over 12 years now. Same is the case in Australia. These are the highest paid sportsperson in India, and they earn in millions of dollars, and to expect they show a fair bit of professionalism in the way they conduct their foreign tours is a fore-gone conclusion a.k.a Shikhar doing bhangra. It's a sport and one team will always lose, bloody hell, NO, this is TEST CRICKET.

Ravi Shastri says this is the best team in 15-20 years, God knows WTF he's smoking. Winning against minnows doesn't mean shit if the team can't perform abroad in countries such as England and Australia. BCCI earns huge amounts of money but these dumb idiots doesn't think it's necessary to build a modern pitch that emulates the fast swinging pitches abroad, then train the players in those pitches before sending them abroad. They have become so used to playing in slow, flat pitches and scoring runs, they're forgetting the skills of the game itself, which is what was on display in this series. Test Cricket is a game of endurance, patience and character and this Indian team has turned it into a meek show of a supposedly lack of skills, situational awareness, fighting spirit and outright hostility i.e., not accepting blame. To be fair to the Captain, Mr. Kohli scored well, but one cannot win a match all by himself. So, start by accepting defeat gracefully, do a post-mortem on what went wrong, then correct it. These people have become rich owing to the sentiments of 1.3 billion people who revere cricket as a religion, they need to start acting with a little humility and start all over with the basics of playing on front & back foot.

Had it been Australia or England, heads would have rolled. But, it is India, Ravi is a dumb wannabe autocrat, no action will be taken, and sadly Indian cricket will suffer. I have already lost interest in IPL, T20 and 1Dayers, these morons are set to ruin my love for test cricket too.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Chetan Chauhan joins chorus for Ravi Shastri's removal as head coach

Ravi Shastri should have resigned by now, no? How does he justify his position as head coach after this loss.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• I agree with Kohli. I hardly got to see any of the series but did check TMS and scorecards during most of the series and think it could have easily have gone the other way. Nor do I think the ECB would have fired people had England lost; the Indian BCCI should not do so either. You have the best team in the world - were unlucky with weather in one Test and Cooky (now retiring) and Anderson (age 340 or so) played a blinder in the last Test. I do not see much needs changing in the Indian team but for England this was a last gasp of a passing generation.
                              Last edited by snapper; 16 Sep 18,, 16:57.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                I agree with Kohli. I hardly got to see any of the series but did check TMS and scorecards during most of the series and think it could have easily have gone the other way. Nor do I think the ECB would have fired people had England lost; the Indian BCCI should not do so either.
                                The English and Australian cricket boards don't agree with you. Best means squat if it includes winning only on home soil.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                You have the best team in the world - were unlucky with weather in one Test and Cooky (now retiring) and Anderson (age 340 or so) played a blinder in the last Test. I do not see much needs changing in the Indian team but for England this was a last gasp of a passing generation.
                                Best team? India ain't a best team, until it beats the Brits and the Aussies fair and square, in their home conditions. And, you know what, this unlucky and weather and all of the excuses are meant for losers. The Australians under Steve Waugh and Pointing never had to use excuses for failure. I remember that team, even before they won the 2nd consecutive WC, Pointing said something like 'we're going there to win it' and not 'we're going there to defend it'. That's the mentality of winners. And Australia won that WC.

Ramesh Power was coach of the Women's team, and see the repercussions in the media after the T20 rout. There is politics in everything in India, and like cancer it is slowly devouring one sport at a time. A country of 1.3 billions and in the 2016 Olympics India was placed at # 67 along with Mongolia (1 silver, 1 bronze). Britain was # 2, and Australia # 10 at the medals tally.

The above is today's play at stumps. Watch it.
                                Last edited by Oracle; 06 Dec 18,, 16:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X