Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    India has been guilty of all the behaviours you accuse Australia of and a few we have never engaged in, so you can hop down off the moral high ground.
    I am not the one whining about a foreign cricket board, when our own players are caught cheating.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    I want them to get a FAIR sentence. Until Australian players got caught ball tampering the ICC thought that was a fine, or a craven back down under pressure. Smith and Warner got 1 match, which I thought was too light despite the precedent. I wanted 3-4 matches and both players stripped Captaincy/Vice duties for at least a year. That is a FAIR sentence, and more than Dinesh Chandimal got for ball tampering AND refusing to let his team take the field in protest when he was charged.
    Fair? Your posts are here for everyone to see.

Racist slurs and ball tampering come to mind. Your current coach led the lynch mob that saw a match referee lose his job as a result of one of those. Classy. Bring up all the Australian behaviour you want. I have never claimed that we are angels, just that we get judged by a different standard. You seem determined to prove me right.

I will leave the whining to the supporters of nations whose players do all the things we do but act like we are the only nation that has ever sledged or name called.
    Cheats got punished, nothing wrong in that. I am not the one who's defending cheats in here, or asking for a lighter sentence.

If you want to make sense of my posts you will need to read them. Properly. Clearly you are incapable of that. Feel free to point out where I have claimed Australian players should get off 'scot free' and where I have insisted players from other nations be punished more harshly for the same offences. You have an entire thread here of some years standing. Go for it.

Of course, if you can't then that will make you a liar.
    Then stop whining about the BCCI and the Indian players, when they're not remotely related to the bans Aussie cricketers got. People who claim morals when they've no arguments left, shouldn't talk about lighter sentences and whine about other boards/players, but reflect on their own team and improve. Clearly you're incapable of that.

So you called for a life ban for Tendulkar and Ganguly when they were caught ball tampering? Really? How about Faf Du Plessis & Dinesh Chandimal. They got caught fairly recently. Am I going to find you calling for life bans for them?
    I said I was not a member of WAB then.

Did you post about Faf and Chandimal? Maybe I have missed it, BUT, my position is the same for all cheats, irrespective of nationality. I don't have double standards when it comes to cheating. Cheats should be banned for life.

This discussion seems to be heading into the realms of fantasy, so I'm going to leave it there. maybe Snapper will find your hollow moralising and fanciful claims more worthy of attention.
    Agreed, if that stops your whining about the BCCI and the Indian players.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Ashton Turner is the Michael Bevan of this era for Australian cricket.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• IPL 2019: Ravichandran Ashwin 'Mankads' Jos Buttler, Sparks Outrage On Twitter

Ashwin could have simply talked to Jos. Very poor choice of dismissal. While still legal, it shows unsportsmanlike behaviour. The Indian twitter public is upon him, tearing him apart for this shameless dismissal.

Ravichandran Ashwin 'Mankad' Controversy: MCC Delivers Verdict

So, what is mankading? The Hindu Explains: What is ‘Mankading’?

Comment

• Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul fined Rs 20 lakh each for their controversial comments on a TV show

Very good.

India and England will definitely make World Cup semis: Brian Lara

Let's see. Too early to make that call.

Comment

• :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 07.00.50.png
Views:	2
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	1478122

The issue is a lot of Pakistanis see everything through the lens of religion. It's just a game.

Comment

• From Pakistan, after Pakistan lost.

:D :D :D :D :D
                Last edited by Oracle; 23 Jun 19,, 03:20.

Comment

• South Africa - RIP
                  England - new chokers?

David Warner - MVP of ICC WC 2019?

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 17.26.20.png
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1478146

Wow. Is this World Cup 1992 redux for Pakistan. Pakistan has always been the most unpredictable team in world cricket. They can beat any team if they believe they can win. Great stuff from them today so far.

This is how the points table sits for now:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Points Table.png
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1478147

Pakistan has played 6 matches so far, points accumulated = 5. Assuming Pakistan wins this match against New Zealand, and also wins the remaining two matches against Afghanistan (easy) & Bangladesh (tricky), Pakistan will have accumulated total points = 11. Is that enough for Pakistan to get into the semis? Let's do some P&C with the top 4 teams in the points table (Australia, New Zealand, India, England). Having said that, Pakistan has to lose just 1 game of their remaining games, including the one today with New Zealand to be kicked out of the tournament.

England - Played 7 matches, points = 8. Their remaining 2 matches are against India & New Zealand. England has to win both matches (points then would be = 12) to keep their chances of a semi-final alive. Tough call, as both games would be hard.

Australia - Played 7 matches, points = 12. Their remaining 2 matches are against South Africa & New Zealand. Assuming Australia lose against New Zealand and win against South Africa, Australia with 14 points will make it to the semi-finals.

New Zealand - Played 6 matches, points = 11. Assuming New Zealand loses this match with Pakistan, they have another 2 to play. Those 2 games are against Australia & England. Very tough call. If NZ loses both, they will share the 4th position with Pakistan. Net Run Rate will be the decider than, or who won a league game? I don't know which one.
                    NZ has to win just 1 game out of the remaining 2, and they are thorough to the semis.

India - Played 5 matches, points = 9. They have 4 remaining games (West Indies, England, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka). If India wins any 2, they are through to the semis.

Bangladesh - 5th position at the points table. Played = 7, points = 7. Remaining matches are against India and Pakistan. If they win both, they remain contenders for a slot in the semis.
                    Last edited by Oracle; 26 Jun 19,, 13:47.

Comment

• Bad, bad situation.

New Zealand - 237/6 in 50 overs. Good enough for a fightback with the ball.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 26 Jun 19,, 15:33.

Comment

• Why is KL Rahul and Vijay Shanker in the team? After Dhawan got injured, Rishab Pant should have been in the playing 11. As for Shanker, Dinesh Karthik would have been a good middle order choice.

All these years I've come to realise that if there is another wicket-keeper+batsman in the playing 15, he nevers gets to play. And I credit Dhoni for this politics. Dhoni has gotten old. He should have retired 4 years back. But no, we have this culture of entitlement in India. Play good for 4 years, and the entitlement factor will take you through another 4.

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.04.png
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1478152

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 18.20.20.png
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1478153

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 19.08.46.png
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1478154

India with poor team selection is not going to win this WC. Looks like Australia is going to win it again this time.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 27 Jun 19,, 14:40.

Comment

• India's biggest problem is that none of our lower order can bat to save their lives. We basically have 4 number 11's in the team. It is game over after the 6th wicket. Dhoni's problems with his scoring rate are exacerbated by this. We still managed to win all our matches because Sharma and Kohli are in top form (plus Dhawan in the Australia game). The bowlers got us out of trouble in the last 2 matches.

As for Vijay Shankar, I have no clue what he is doing in the team. He is clearly not suited to be playing at No. 4. He was chosen over Rayudu and Pant because he can bowl, but after the Pakistan game, Kohli hasn't even asked him to bowl, and we already have 4 top quality bowlers plus Pandya who bowls in every match. India would be unbeatable if Bhuvaneshwar Kumar somehow suddenly improves his batting and becomes a good lower order ODI batsman. Imagine a bowling attack comprising of him, Shami and Bumrah plus Yadav and Chahal. We can't have that because we will be short of batsmen if we do.

Comment

• India's biggest problem is that none of our lower order can bat to save their lives. We basically have 4 number 11's in the team. It is game over after the 6th wicket. Dhoni's problems with his scoring rate are exacerbated by this. We still managed to win all our matches because Sharma and Kohli are in top form (plus Dhawan in the Australia game). The bowlers got us out of trouble in the last 2 matches.

As for Vijay Shankar, I have no clue what he is doing in the team. He is clearly not suited to be playing at No. 4. He was chosen over Rayudu and Pant because he can bowl, but after the Pakistan game, Kohli hasn't even asked him to bowl, and we already have 4 top quality bowlers plus Pandya who bowls in every match. India would be unbeatable if Bhuvaneshwar Kumar somehow suddenly improves his batting and becomes a good lower order ODI batsman. Imagine a bowling attack comprising of him, Shami and Bumrah plus Yadav and Chahal. We can't have that because we will be short of batsmen if we do.

Comment

• WTF was Ravi Shastri/Virat Kohli thinking? We needed Pant in place of Dhawan, and Dinesh karthik in place of that idiot Shanker. Disgusting.

Comment

Working...
                                X