No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuvraj is a glittering gem of Indian cricket and one of the greatest heroes and legends this great land has produced.

One can forgive Yuvraj a whole lot because what he has given us is a whole lot more than what he ever lost us ......

Spank them second rung whingers hard! :wors::tankie:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sated buddha; 08 Apr 14,, 06:24.

Comment

Actually, losing the WT20 final is nothing when T20 fans doesn't have a solid base to place their arguments on, but have a point to make nevertheless. Epic.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Good to see that no one country has a monopoly on second rung whingers too.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
          The dumb-asses need their fifteen seconds of fame..... really moronic
          There is something about people who are arrogant in victory & throw tantrums in defeat which is especially unappealing. Indian supporters should be proud that their nation made the final rather than treating victory like a birth right whose denial results in petulant displays.

I was disappointed when Australia lost in 1996, but I was pleased that onetime minnow Sri Lanka had finally won something. I was also pleased that India won the last 50/50 World Cup for Sachin's sake - he deserved a trophy. Winning is great, but sport offers so much more for those who choose to see it.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I've always been a big fan of test cricket ;)

Ireland cricketers to have Test opportunity - RTÉ Sport

Ireland will have a chance to play Test cricket under a new play-off system approved by the International Cricket Council.

The ICC Test Challenge, which will take place every four years from 2018, will see the winners of the ICC Intercontinental Cup play four five-day Tests against the lowest-ranked Test team.

Ireland beat Afghanistan in the Intercontinental Cup final in 2013.

Under the new plan, the winners of the Cup for associate nations - Ireland, Afghanistan, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, Namibia, Canada, Kenya and Netherlands - will play against the side ranked number 10 (at the end of December 2017) of the Test nations.

Of the five tournaments held since 2004, Ireland have won four.

The outcome of two five-day matches at home and away is expected to determine which team then becomes a Test-playing nation for the next four-year cycle, in accordance with a plan announced by the ICC two months ago at a meeting in Singapore as one of many major changes on and off the field.

It is following the conclusion of this week's two-day board meeting in Dubai that more details have emerged.

ICC chief executive David Richardson said: "The ICC Test Challenge now opens the door for associate members to play Test cricket and in doing so gives even greater context to the ICC Intercontinental Cup, which will now be a pathway to Test cricket."

Comment

An article on T20 from EspnCricinfo

The author makes much of the same statements as BF I think

I have previously argued that T20 is not really cricket. That was based, in part, on the simple observation that giving teams ten wickets to play with over 20 overs against nine fielders and five bowlers (each limited to four overs each) skews the contest hopelessly in favour of the bat. I used the example of Chris Martin (Test average 2.36), who was arguably the worst batsman of his generation. Martin was dismissed 52 times in 615 deliveries in 104 Test innings. He faced 11.8 deliveries per dismissal. Eleven Chris Martins would have fallen two balls short of surviving 20 overs on average.
              Blogs: Kartikeya Date: Why T20 is a disfigured caricature of cricket | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo
              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                An article on T20 from EspnCricinfo

The author makes much of the same statements as BF I think

Blogs: Kartikeya Date: Why T20 is a disfigured caricature of cricket | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo
                Obviously a man of discernment & taste with a towering intellect & incisive arguments. ;)
                sigpic

Comment

A blog.

Must be holy gospel.

Should apply for entry into Wisden next ....

Comment

Anyone watching IPL T20?
                    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

So.. Ind v Eng, much fun was had today!

Comment

So, everybody knows it now. India Vs Eng : 1-3 (test series 2014, 5 matches). What a shame the paper tigers of the sub-continent brought us.

Dhoni's captaincy not up to Test standard: Mike Brearley

Dhoni needs to be sacked. Gary needs to be brought back.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          So, everybody knows it now. India Vs Eng : 1-3 (test series 2014, 5 matches). What a shame the paper tigers of the sub-continent brought us.

Looks like India's overseas form is consistent. Be interested to see how they do here in the summer. We are improving, but still vulnerable.

First time in months I wish SB was still here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

So far so predictable. I was actually expecting something like 0 - 4.
                            At least winning one was nice.

Dhoni clearly does not like or understand test cricket.
                            He cannot be fired because of Srinivasan's clout so at least he could do the right thing and step down from test captaincy.

As so many people have mentioned, we need to set aside designated venues as pace development ones with training academies attached.
                            Last edited by bolo121; 21 Aug 14,, 03:15.
                            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

A lot of people here calling for Dhoni's head, but who will replace him as the captain? He clearly isn't made out for the test format, but there doesn't seem to be a replacement yet. Please no one suggest Kohli.

Comment

I love Football actually crazy about it :).. BUT Cricket is more than love.. It's more like religion to me... And India vs Pakistan games are like something i grew up with. So yeah Cricket is one of THE games out there :D

Comment

Working...
                                X