No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, my Aussie co-workers are still saying Afghanistan will win this WC. I don't know why, but I do know their standards.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      It is a bit hard to take your prognostications seriously when you have managed to stay silent while our resident troll stinks up the board on an almost daily basis. Perhaps you simply don't think he can do any better and are paying me a backhanded compliment. More than plausible, but it feels a lot more like a gaping double standard. Anyway, your problem, not mine.

FYI, I was just repeating something my Indian co-workers are treating as fact. Not sure which of your standards I should be holding them to.
      I don't know who you are talking about and dealing with trolls is not my job anyway. If your Indian co-workers were here and talking about India (or anyone else) throwing a match I would have responded to them in a similar manner.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Nothing further on this from me. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
        FYI, I was just repeating something my Indian co-workers are treating as fact. Not sure which of your standards I should be holding them to.
        Yet said as if it was fact. I agree with Firestorm. I do not buy into conspiracy theories with no evidence. England are ranked No 1 in one day cricket so why is it a surprise that they beat India? NZ did too in the semi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
          I don't know who you are talking about and dealing with trolls is not my job anyway.
          Well I guess that confirms my suspicions - different standards being applied to different posters.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Nothing further on this from me. Carry on.
          Good to hear.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Epic WC final. NZ once again played above themselves & deserved to win. Only the worst of bad luck in the final regular over cost them a great victory. Feeling slightly flat about it....plus I'm badly sleep deprived.

Anyway, now we get on to the most important cricket this year - the Ashes!
              sigpic

Comment

• Oh good going England they won it : )

Comment

• Oh-My-God. What an absolute stunner of a final. England deserves all the credit. Finally these guys won the trophy of the game they invented. Something to cheer about.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• If Dhoni doesn’t quit, he may not be automatic pick in team

The whole middle order needs sacking, including Kohli. Time for him to sit out for some matches, and think which way his career is going.

Comment

• Holy smokin toledos! :P What a cracker of a match! Needless to say even though England won the world cup (deservedly so, technicalities and luck notwithstanding) both teams were winners in this final match.

Comment

• I did a bit of digging on the three blokes who have a claim to be the best batsmen in the world. These are their records in World Cup knockout matches:

Kohli: 6 innings (24, 9, 35, 3, 1, 1 = 73) average 12.1

Williamson: 5 innings (33, 6, 12, 67, 30 = 148) average 29.6

Smith: 4 innings (65, 105, 56*, 85 = 311) average 103.6

Even more interesting, each of Smith's scores came when he was at no.3 and was at the crease early - twice when an opener was out for a duck, once when out for 2 & the other time with the score at 15. That is a remarkable record and an interesting comparison to his other rivals. The man you want to bat for your life.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
                          both teams were winners in this final match.
                          This is the point asserted by some Indian players.

The game was tied to the end and the tie breaker was decided on the basis of number of boundaries which they declared as ridiculous.

You see similar in football when they want to break ties. Team with the least card violations or fouls gets through.

Comment

• Well this thread got really bizarre for a short time. Too funny.
                            sigpic

Comment

• According to one theory England were awarded a run too many in the Final. This happened when the ball was thrown in and hit Stokes' bat to be deflected to the boundary and England were awarded 2 runs and 4 extras. Apparently when the ball was thrown the English batsmen had not crossed again for the second run so it should only have counted as 1 run and 4 extras.

Comment

• Some trolls seem to lack shame and self-esteem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1478226

No Aussie in the top 5 ODI batsmen (Virat Kohli is # 1). Only 1 Aussie at #4 in the top 5 ODI bowler (Jasprit Bumrah is # 1). No Aussie anywhere in the top # 5 ODI All rounders. Let's look at Test Matches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	2
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1478227

So, Virat Kohli is still # 1 in Test Batting.

Virat played like an ass in this WC. But, form is temporary, class is permanent. Most don't have any class. Which is why they resort to sledging, cheating and all the other manipulative ways to win. Steven Smith, David Warner should have retired, for what they did to this game. They were openly caught cheating. But, why would they resign? They make millions from Indian Premier League (IPL) every year.

This is Kohli's achievements, till now. Digging further, players with most ODI hundreds in a winning cause:

#1. Sachin Tendulkar: 33
                                #2. Virat Kohli: 29, of which 18 of them have come in successful chases. Third is Ricky Ponting, but is there an award for third position?

Kohli might be an ass, but he's the best ass out there, and he's our ass.
                                Last edited by Oracle; 17 Jul 19,, 01:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X