No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rohit Sharma & Jadeja - why they're in the team is beyond me. Ofcourse Jadeja is Dhoni's pet and CSK team-mate, plus they got business interests that coincide. And Rohit is the darling of the big guns from Maharashtra even if he's not in form. Dinesh Karthick would have been a good bet instead of Rohit, and Binny in place of Jadeja.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Rohit Sharma & Jadeja - why they're in the team is beyond me. Ofcourse Jadeja is Dhoni's pet and CSK team-mate, plus they got business interests that coincide. And Rohit is the darling of the big guns from Maharashtra even if he's not in form. Dinesh Karthick would have been a good bet instead of Rohit, and Binny in place of Jadeja.
      Binny??! The guy couldn't buy a run or a wicket if he won the lottery. If anything, HE's the one in the team due to his daddy. I'd put in Bhuvi instead of Jadeja.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
        Binny??! The guy couldn't buy a run or a wicket if he won the lottery. If anything, HE's the one in the team due to his daddy. I'd put in Bhuvi instead of Jadeja.
        Fine, not Binny, but not Bhuvi please. We don't need 5 bowlers, 4 regular bowlers is fine. Karthick in place of Rohit, but who'd be the all-rounder in place of Jadeja?

My guess is, India would go on to defend the WC Title successfully.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          Fine, not Binny, but not Bhuvi please. We don't need 5 bowlers, 4 regular bowlers is fine. Karthick in place of Rohit, but who'd be the all-rounder in place of Jadeja?

My guess is, India would go on to defend the WC Title successfully.
          Bhuvi actually bats better than Jadeja. And Dinesh Karthik isn't an opening batsman. Nor is he in form. Perhaps you were thinking of Robin Uthappa?

Comment

• Oh dear 3 down with 133 on the board and 19 overs left. Shades of 2007 anyone?
            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Bangladesh - 2 wickets in 2 consecutive balls. What were they thinking? They don't need 10 runs/over.

Comment

• Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                Bhuvi actually bats better than Jadeja. And Dinesh Karthik isn't an opening batsman. Nor is he in form. Perhaps you were thinking of Robin Uthappa?
                Dinesh did open some ODI innings, plus as a back-up keeper he's better than Wriddiman Saha anyday. I didn't mean Robin, but he could be a good fit in place of Jadeja. It seems both Rohit and Jadeja heard me out and performed today. :)

Comment

• What a time to be stuck at the office.
                  Pakistan are in this with a shout.
                  3 in the hutch and only 60 on the board.

Ah well, seems business as usual...watto dropped and now maxwell dropped.
                  Last edited by bolo121; 20 Mar 15,, 11:15.

Comment

• India v Australia, get hyped!!!

My Pakistani co-worker called in sick, I wonder why...

Comment

• Martin Guptill!!!!!!!!

Holy Shit!!!!!!!

West Indies have been brutalized and ground into the grass here.

Disappointing quarter finals. All of them have been one sided with no tense close run finishes.
                      Last edited by bolo121; 21 Mar 15,, 06:13.

Comment

• Daniel showing his age

Attached Files
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Obviously a great game, but did the rain undo South Africa? Can't help but fell sorry for them....

Comment

• Incredible Game.
                            Very poor productivity in the office today. Everyone was glued to cricinfo.

I think 298 in 43 would have become 380 in 50 but NZ would have adjusted as well.
                            It was a total which should have been easy for SA to hold after 4 down. Nail biter all the way to the end.

I hope we also fight Aus right down to the wire. I would love for a second MS Dhoni WC but to mangle an old quote, the aussies would say 'We have Glen Maxwell and they have naught'

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
                              Obviously a great game, but did the rain undo South Africa? Can't help but fell sorry for them....
                              Probably. But let's see - SA scored 281 off 43 overs. If rain hadn't played spoilsport, SA would have scored 350 (assume) in 50 overs. NZ scored 299 in 42.5 overs and in 50 overs they would have chased the target down. NZ is the best team of this tournament and they proved it today. Right now, they seem unstoppable.

Comment

• How Pari must be feeling right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X