No announcement yet.

Cricket - The Greatest Game of all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England scored 20ish less against NZ than Scotland and have so far taken 6 fewer wickets. Oh dear!
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Sheer brutality veering towards sadism by NZ

I guess England should be thankful they are not in the same group as Ireland, at current form I would expect the Irish to easily come on top of the English. Seems pretty likely now that Ireland will edge the West Indies out to come in 4th place and qualify.

Comment

• England were beating India a few weeks back, so I'm betting they could pull themselves together enough to roll Ireland. However, they look like a rabble at the moment. There was a WC some years back (maybe late 90s) when Sri Lanka rolled them for about 120 & got the score in around 12 overs. This is really a disgrace.
        sigpic

Comment

• Such a shame about England, such a boring world cup, where are the cliffhangers man, very very boring tournament till now no fun to watch at all. I was expecting india Pakistan match to be better even that was boring :pari:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            England were beating India a few weeks back, so I'm betting they could pull themselves together enough to roll Ireland. However, they look like a rabble at the moment. There was a WC some years back (maybe late 90s) when Sri Lanka rolled them for about 120 & got the score in around 12 overs. This is really a disgrace.
            I find England and India somewhat similar in world cricket, both with large pools of talent and resources (England relative to Australia, NZ and SA) and enthusiasm for the game, but generally underachievers, with occasional moments of brilliance.

England will probably be in a bit of shock after this defeat, but don't think Scotland are as good as Ireland, so I would still expect England to win on Sunday. Might get some momentum going into the QF if they can come back and beat Sri Lanka

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
              I find England and India somewhat similar in world cricket, both with large pools of talent and resources (England relative to Australia, NZ and SA) and enthusiasm for the game, but generally underachievers, with occasional moments of brilliance.
              Fair bit of truth in that. Both nations should be able to produce consistently better teams.

England will probably be in a bit of shock after this defeat, but don't think Scotland are as good as Ireland, so I would still expect England to win on Sunday. Might get some momentum going into the QF if they can come back and beat Sri Lanka
              England v Sri Lanka should be interesting. Will be an important game.

Pakistan folded like a cheap suit today against a Windies team that lost to Ireland last weak. Utter disgrace.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kuku View Post
                Such a shame about England, such a boring world cup, where are the cliffhangers man, very very boring tournament till now no fun to watch at all. I was expecting india Pakistan match to be better even that was boring :pari:
                The so-called associates have given better entertainment than the full time members so far.

Comment

• After the performance in the first 2 matches,Pakistan don't stand a chance against Ireland let alone South africa.

Most likely ireland will enter Quarter final.

Comment

Pakistan folded like a cheap suit today against a Windies team that lost to Ireland last weak. Utter disgrace.
                    This pool is now wide open, SA should top and India should come 2nd assuming they don't monumentally screw up.

3rd and 4th place should be up for grabs, I think Ireland might even fancy themselves to come 3rd now.

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
                      This pool is now wide open, SA should top and India should come 2nd assuming they don't monumentally screw up.

3rd and 4th place should be up for grabs, I think Ireland might even fancy themselves to come 3rd now.
                      India playing really well against SA; great batting

Comment

• India put up a good total, though underachieved in the last 10 overs as it did against Pakistan. I don't think any team has ever chased 300 on the MCG, so India are in a powerful position. This should give us an idea where SA is at.

Meanwhile it took Sri Lanka 48 overs and 6 wickets to chase down a modest Afghan total. Some of the minnows are sticking it to the big boys here. Perhaps the ICC should re-consider the access these teams have to regular games against Test nations. It won't of course. That would be in the best interests of the game, rather than a few powerful stakeholders.
                        sigpic

Comment

• I was frankly amazed by Dhawan, a century against SA by him of all people.
                          It looks like we failed to accelerate one more and are around 30 runs short.
                          This is an eminently gettable total. If De Kock who one took 3 centuries in a row against us fires, and Amla drops anchor at the other end they can make good platform.
                          After that it would be AB firing away with both barrels.
                          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• I put Dawan's performance down to home ground advantage.

It is certainly gettable for SA, but not easily. If you guys bowl well you will win.

For Indians watching at home, despite being a 25 minute walk from the MCG I can hear the crowd at times today. Its like an AFL Grand Final. :)
                            sigpic

Comment

• A topsy turvey day.
                              Dhavan scores a century and Amla of all peoples mistimes a short one.
                              2 Down.
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

For Indians watching at home, despite being a 25 minute walk from the MCG I can hear the crowd at times today. Its like an AFL Grand Final. :)
                                It was twice as loud at Adelaide :)

This was pretty much the only way we were going to get rid of deVilliers. Well played Mohit.

Comment

Working...
                                X