Ukraine Elections and Political Developments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    As far as I recall my friend you have been asked twice by moderaters to refrain from posting so many pictures. They have a point in my view - I could post just as many pictures of armed men in election stations during the so called "referendum". Nor does an unverified and uncorroborated picture mean anything; they could be anywhere. You understand my meaning I hope.

As regards your previous remarks that Ukraine and Muscovy will never be friends again well forever is a long time and it is not up us to decide the future except in the short time we have. I hope in the short term you are right as a Pole; it would be the greatest win for Poland since Khmelnytsky's Cossack rebellion and shift Ukraine and it's people firmly into the Polish - Lithuanian (and increasingly Romanian) camp. An intermarium - Międzymorze in Polish - would long term be inevitable and in time their prosperity would prompt the Muscovite people to rebel again and God willing cleanse the Checkist system. This is not about only Ukraine and whatever 'troung' says I have more pity than anything for Muscovite people rather than hate. It is only their corrupt Checkist mafiosi Government which has invaded the country in which my family home now lies and their breach of all international law and willful murder of those who disagree with them - apart from the much needed reform of Ukraine - that motivates me to help destroy the current Muscovite tyranny. Otherwise I would be happily married and teaching at Uni now. We did not start this fire; it is upto Moscow how long it continues but we shall not give up or go easy. It is very clear to most that Muscoy's neighbours cannot live in peace while the Checkist hold power but it is for them to cleanse themselves of their own and our curse.
    Go ahead and post your photos. I know for a fact there were no soldiers of any sort at the polling stations where my relatives voted. Go ahead, try to prove your lies.

And yes, Ukraine can go with Poland lol "Prosperity"? That's laughable. They will never prosper. That takes a brain for business. Nobody in that part of the world, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, whatever, has this. No brain. No wits. No management skills. They are all idiots over there, and corrupt as hell too. That's why they always live in shit... Russia is better off, because they have natural resources. Otherwise, it would be in same kind of hole now.

Forget about it. I have given up on that whole place. Just glad to be an ocean away from it all now. Sometimes, I wish I had some other blood flowing through my veins...

Comment

• Originally posted by The_One View Post
      That's laughable. They will never prosper. That takes a brain for business. Nobody in that part of the world, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, whatever, has this. No brain. No wits. No management skills. They are all idiots over there, and corrupt as hell too. That's why they always live in shit... Russia is better off, because they have natural resources. Otherwise, it would be in same kind of hole now.

Forget about it. I have given up on that whole place. Just glad to be an ocean away from it all now. Sometimes, I wish I had some other blood flowing through my veins...
      You're beginning to sound like some of the Chinese engineers recently returning from Africa.

Don't even get me started on the brain-trust found throughout the Middle East...lol.
      Real eyes realize real lies.

Comment

Go ahead and post your photos.
        You were asked to stop flooding the thread with pictures. Not invite others to do the same.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeCoffee View Post
          You're beginning to sound like some of the Chinese engineers recently returning from Africa.

Don't even get me started on the brain-trust found throughout the Middle East...lol.
          Well, it's the truth, Russia, Ukraine, etc, anyone WITH brains has already left those places, they are all in Europe or out here, US, Canada. Very little real potential left over there.

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          You were asked to stop flooding the thread with pictures. Not invite others to do the same.
          So, he is allowed to make wild assertions without any evidence?

Comment

So, he is allowed to make wild assertions without any evidence?
            You were asked to stop flooding the thread with pictures.

We can do this the easy way or the hard way.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• "The_One" has decided voluntarily to leave us. If he decides to return, he's free to post.

Comment

• "...No brain. No wits. No management skills. They are all idiots over there, and corrupt as hell too..."

I'll miss those nuanced perspectives of his former countrymen.
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Originally posted by S2 View Post
                  "...No brain. No wits. No management skills. They are all idiots over there, and corrupt as hell too..."

I'll miss those nuanced perspectives of his former countrymen.
                  Pity he's gone. I grew up with a Finnish family. They had some choice perspectives on Russia and Russians which, over 30 years after I heard them, have proved to be remarkably well observed. the short version is that they were strongly of the opinion that Russians lacked the wit or application to govern themselves or anyone else well.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Pete,

Clearly we can draw some broad conclusions after eons of varietal mismanagement of Russian human and natural resources. Your Finnish friends should certainly possess some apt observations. I've done so with far less perspective.

However, the sweeping generalization, "...They are all idiots..." clearly can't be true. Our own boardmember, Andrey Egorov, alone, disavows that notion. Such a comment, though, makes impossible further discussion regarding Russia with The One. All exchange is stopped by this caricature.

I know one "...idiot[s]..." The One would except from his disdain.

Putin. He gets things done.

Bet the trains run on time.
                    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

"...No brain. No wits. No management skills. They are all idiots over there, and corrupt as hell too..."
                      Would make for a tempting cover letter or an assessment by a Human Resource professional regarding "job sites" or certain work forces found globally.

Keeping in mind that The_One is relatively young compared to many members on this forum.
                      As well he left everything he knew behind at age 13 in Russia to emigrate to Canada so possibly he gets a tad emotional on this subject.

At 27 he is venting on the homeland of his forefathers understanding it most likely will no longer hold any real future for his return. Surely there is angst, melancholy and anger simmering below the surface.

I welcome his return to this forum as he brought a renewed perspective as to how a Russian might feel and the perspective they have on the Crimea /(Ukraine) situation.
                      I personally found his style of writing boldly refreshing and sometimes with an added touch of humour to keep his points fluid.
                      Obviously he brought life into the heart of a thread that was no longer beating.

The_One, as Hatter stated you're more than welcome...just with less pictures, da. ;-p

Comment

Pete,

Clearly we can draw some broad conclusions after eons of varietal mismanagement of Russian human and natural resources. Your Finnish friends should certainly possess some apt observations. I've done so with far less perspective.

However, the sweeping generalization, "...They are all idiots..." clearly can't be true. Our own boardmember, Andrey Egorov, alone, disavows that notion. Such a comment, though, makes impossible further discussion regarding Russia with The One. All exchange is stopped by this caricature.

I know one "...idiot[s]..." The One would except from his disdain.
                        Indeed. I tend to save my broad brush for those who like to use one themselves. People who like to indulge in crude generalities about other groups are usually the easiest ones to upset with similarly styled observations about their own. The brush strokes are only ever allowed to travel in one direction. ;-)

Putin. He gets things done.

Yeah, pity about the 3rd world life expectancy.
                        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                          Indeed. I tend to save my broad brush for those who like to use one themselves.
                          > Yeah, pity about the 3rd world life expectancy.
                          I wonder if it might have anything to do with the vodka drinking culture in what Russians refer to as zapoi. %-P

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeCoffee View Post
                            vodka drinking culture
                            includes but not consists of zapoy, you know ;).
                            Bad health care, anemic social services, overall poverty have much more to do with life expectancy. We have 18% of population below poverty level officially, by RosStat data. Some analytics raise that bar up to 30%. Excessive vodka drinking is just a way those guys slowly kill themselves out of despair.
                            We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

The remaining half does, truly. And thanks
                              We're so bad, we're even bad at it

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrey Egorov View Post
                                The remaining half does, truly. And thanks
                                Realpolitik, Russia has a well grounded fear of Western Invasion, The Swiss, the Tuetonic Knights, the French, the Poles, the Germans... Then of course the East isn't easy peezy either, the Turks, The Mongols... Irregardless of if that threat is real today the fear is. When Ukraine tried to align West it put the Black Sea naval base at risk. Given that the Crimea is traditionally Russian they felt they could annex it. In other areas that tried to align west they fomented separatist movements. To thier eyes Western actions like Kosovo, Kurdish areas of Iraq etc are no different. In time the West will adapt to the Crimea being Russian again, much like Tibet in China. The best the West can hope for is a quid pro quo Crimea for the Baltics.

Comment

Working...
                                X