No announcement yet.

World now 80% polio free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigfella, you were doing pretty good with your argument but your last sentence.....

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Oh, and illegals are to blame for all America's problems. To state otherwise is simply proof that you hate America.
    Can you clarify that?

Since you posted in response to my post, I'm assuming it was meant for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      You have that backward. Both the State Dept and DHS say, and have for a long time that Visa overstayers constitute around 55% of the illegal immigration in the US.

That fact rarely comes out, because its easier to get money/drum up money for the cause by showing videos of people coming over our southern border.

Since the exact quote I found on the DHS website is "anywhere between 27% to 57%" and even if we use the lowest figure (27%), your figure of 55% is much more accurate than my "miniscule", I concede the point.

I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        Bigfella, you were doing pretty good with your argument but your last sentence.....

Can you clarify that?

Since you posted in response to my post, I'm assuming it was meant for me?
        Not meant for you YF. Should have used an emoticon of some sort. Just making fun of people who manage to blame every single problem in America on the Je......oops, I meant illegal immigrants. Sort of a catch all excuse for everything. There should be a corollary to Godwin's law about any discussion on the US eventually ending up with 'illegals' copping the blame. Your failure to toe the party line has been duly noted & passed on to the appropriate authorities. ;)
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
          You have that backward. Both the State Dept and DHS say, and have for a long time that Visa overstayers constitute around 55% of the illegal immigration in the US.

That fact rarely comes out, because its easier to get money/drum up money for the cause by showing videos of people coming over our southern border.
          You have some leverage over visa holders, ie get immunized or no visa. You have nothing on those who simply waltz across the border.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            You have some leverage over visa holders, ie get immunized or no visa. You have nothing on those who simply waltz across the border.
            Not quite.

From US Embassy site:

The vaccination report is not required for K - fiance(e)s - K3/K4 and V visa applicants. All other immigrant visa applicants, however, must submit this report as part of the examination process.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Don't remember anyone asking about my immunization status last time I went to the US. Might have been one or two 'do you have this disease' questions, but I don't recall. Even if there are, people may not know or may not say. The biggest danger comes in every day through airports, not 'dirty Mexicans' walking across the border.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                Not quite.

From US Embassy site:
                This is not true since fiances on K-visas have to apply for green cards as a requisite to stay in America longer and part of the green card requirements is that the applicant must submit a vaccination report which include polio and others. I know because I speak from experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                  This is not true since fiances on K-visas have to apply for green cards as a requisite to stay in America longer and part of the green card requirements is that the applicant must submit a vaccination report which include polio and others. I know because I speak from experience.
                  The quote is from US Embassy site for travelling visa.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The quote is from US Embassy site for travelling visa.
                    K-visa is not a tourist visa, it is an entrance visa with the purpose of obtaining a green card to stay in US indefinitely. It is only for fiances of US citizens and they are required to get married and follow up on the green card application which mandates polio vaccinations. So essentially, it is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                      K-visa is not a tourist visa, it is an entrance visa with the purpose of obtaining a green card to stay in US indefinitely. It is only for fiances of US citizens and they are required to get married and follow up on the green card application which mandates polio vaccinations. So essentially, it is the same thing.
                      I don't know what kind of visa is what, I know what I have read and what BF amended, and that is that some people wont be asked to show vaccination card to enter USA. That was the topic, IIRC.

Comment

I don't know what kind of visa is what, I know what I have read and what BF amended, and that is that some people wont be asked to show vaccination card to enter USA. That was the topic, IIRC.
                        From high risk prone to polio areas, even for tourist visas, the US embassy will ask for evidence of polio vaccination. Several years ago, if you wanted to apply for a tourist visa to US, you had to have an interview with a consular officer and submit proof that you are polio vaccination. From countries that have eradicated polio, US won't ask for vaccination card but for immigration purposes and with intent to stay longer than 6 months, everyone has to show polio vaccination records or get vaccinated, no exceptions.

Comment

Those bloody illegal aliens, taking all of the available jobs!!!

Just a quick moment of levity, we now return you to your originally planned discussion.
                          Attached Files
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            Don't remember anyone asking about my immunization status last time I went to the US. Might have been one or two 'do you have this disease' questions, but I don't recall. Even if there are, people may not know or may not say. The biggest danger comes in every day through airports, not 'dirty Mexicans' walking across the border.
                            Well that's cause your an Aussie and we figure if you could survive all the things that can kill you on your island paradise then there is no way in hell some damn disease would stand a chance!
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              Well that's cause your an Aussie and we figure if you could survive all the things that can kill you on your island paradise then there is no way in hell some damn disease would stand a chance!
                              Fair point. Ten foot high & bullet proof us. If we could survive the drop bears then piddling little diseases have no chance.

On a slightly serious note, as a continent we have made remarkably little contribution to the history of pandemics. Perhaps it is because we were settled later or didn't have large aggregations of people previous to that, but such fatal diseases as we have produced don't appear to have racked up much of a death toll.
                              sigpic

Comment

Bigfella did the introduction of Europeans to Australia cause a pandemic amongst the aboriginal community as it did in much of the rest of the world?
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X