TSP (Paint Thinner) in Cereal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSP (Paint Thinner) in Cereal

Paint Thinner in Children's Cereal Exposed Dprogram.net: Deprogram Your Mind – Revolutionary News
    (NaturalBlaze) - A lot of home builders and painters will know what trisodium phosphate (TSP) is. But a lot of them don’t know that they eat it for breakfast!

Even though it appears right on the ingredients label, a lot of people don’t realize it’s an industrial cleaning agent. It gets worse (see below video), the government doesn’t even want you to clean with it because it’s considered bad for the environment. It’s an okay part of a complete breakfast though!

yum yum yum
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Fearmongering at its best.

TSP is also used as a nutritional supplement. It isn't poisonous. Unbuffered, like in a cleaning solution, TSP irritates the mucous membrane in your stomach.

Muriatic acid is used to make your sugar white. There are many dual/tri use products. It doesn't mean that its all horrible.

Comment

You don't know about human hair in bread?

True fact: A common ingredient in commercial breads is derived from human hair harvested in China

:whome:

Comment

That is nothing. Did you know that dust which we inhale and exhale on a hourly basis, 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, for the rest of our lives, is made of dead human skin cells, dead animal cells, and even dried feces and dessicated corpses of dust mites?

Comment

We can go on and on about the crap in our food supply but the real question is "how much of it really has to be in the food" Some "ingredients" we simply can't remove but that does not mean we should be adding things for expediency or the manufacturer's profits.
          Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            We can go on and on about the crap in our food supply but the real question is "how much of it really has to be in the food" Some "ingredients" we simply can't remove but that does not mean we should be adding things for expediency or the manufacturer's profits.
            Depends on one's personal opinion on free markets in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
              Depends on one's personal opinion on free markets in my opinion.
              Free market would need the consumers to know all about the "additives" in the food supply but many manufacturers use "natural flavorings" to hide what is really in the product. Consumers really can't pick and choose when they don't have a clue as to what they are buying.

Comment

It's all about feel-good moment. Many people wont read it. There was that case in UK where a pissed off designer put something silly on the laabel, just to be found few years later by a couple. Noone ever bothered to read the label.

You also have the complaints from gastronomic niche products in France where they complained on the requirement for % of daily intake claims.

Bottom line is everything you read on the packaging is mandatory upon request from big producers. If something is against their interest they have ways to hide it. One is your example, the other is behind E-numbers. I bet they have more then that.
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I am not after a feel good moment. As a consumer I feel I have the right to know what I am getting. The food industry not only wants to keep me in the dark they want less of their product looked over by the FDA. Food is not something people can "take it or leave it". People have to eat but they are losing control over their choices and access to information they should have.

Comment

Glad you brought this up so we can shoot it down. They got it wrong. TSP is not a paint thinner, but can be a deglosser. Mostly it's used in concentrated form as a cleaner on wood decks and so on. And beside, what's in the food is not TSP (Trisodium...) but a monosodium, which, as Gun Grape pointed out, helps digestion. The body naturally cooks up enzymes way more powerful than this stuff.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
                    X