No announcement yet.

Current Events and F-22 production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its anything like the QF-4s. They Operated out of Eglin, Holloman and Tyndall. But Tyndall was where they went to get shot down.

I think its the same with the 16s. Big ass training/impact area over water. And don't have to fly over civilians to get there

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      If its anything like the QF-4s. They Operated out of Eglin, Holloman and Tyndall. But Tyndall was where they went to get shot down.

I think its the same with the 16s. Big ass training/impact area over water. And don't have to fly over civilians to get there
      Yes for the shooting and don't bag an Airbus or Boeing airspace, flying it gotta be approved and tested. Recording did everything and everyone work and performed as expected? That can't be moved and approved overnight. So I think Tyndall still remains. I'm just a guy with a keyboard and speculation

Comment

Have a friend that works with the 82d ATS Tyndall. They were given until Dec 1st to get the launch facility for the Firebee drones operational. Or the program was moving "out west". They did scrape up enough parts, and repurposed some other stuff to conduct a successful launch on Dec 10th for a Combat Archer exercise. So they are safe. They should have the QF-16s up soon.

I think Tyndall will stay open. Just a much smaller version.

No F-22s, Maybe a Reaper Squadron and the possible F-35 wing in 5 years if all goes well. The Air Battle Management school, the F-22 simulator and Red Horse are staying for now
        Last edited by Gun Grape; 29 Dec 18,, 20:58.

Comment

A third squadron for Langley?
          https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news...ron/1786512712

Comment

Working...
          X