Current Events and F-22 production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    Thats a good thing, Since the Bruins look like they are about to lose the first 2 games of their season
    more like three...

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
      Thats a good thing, Since the Bruins look like they are about to lose the first 2 games of their season
      Sadly, I agree.

Time to sell off, take what we can get and start rebuilding.

Hearing Chara and Marchand may be traded.

Meanwhile.....I'll be comforted by the Patriots.

And....

Click image for larger version

Name:	luck brady.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1467767
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Sadly, I agree.

Time to sell off, take what we can get and start rebuilding.

Hearing Chara and Marchand may be traded.

Meanwhile.....I'll be comforted by the Patriots.

And....

[ATTACH]40380[/ATTACH]
        Ahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I'm normally not a fan of teams from Boston area, but I do like the Patriots. I've been a fan since Doug Flutie was there, the first time.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

F-22 Raptors Deploy To South Korea As Tensions Rise Between The North And South

Saw that this thread got derailed quite a while ago, and I immediately suspected Yeller; then I saw it was gunnut!

Anyway, thought I'd add this:

"F-22A Raptors have shown up at Osan Air Base in South Korea, just as Foxtrot Alpha predicted. The deployment of a quartet of the stealthy super-fighters comes as tensions continue to rise on the Korean Peninsula in the wake of the North’s most recent rocket test."

F-22 Raptors Deploy To South Korea As Tensions Rise Between The North And South
          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

hurricane damage

Originally posted by (snippets_from_Aerospace_Daily_&_Defense_Report_on _LexisNexis_newsfeed)

(snip)
            Where we took the biggest hit was Tyndall Air Force Base,” Mattis says. “Other bases were also hit, but not significantly. Tyndall, the operation center was maintained as part of Norad and she is up and operating on emergency—on generator—power.”

The initial review was conducted by Air Combat Command and delivered to U.S. Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson. Mattis says the government will not be certain if the aircraft can be repaired until the jets are removed from their hangars.

(snip)

There are 55 operational F-22s housed at Tyndall. These include 31 jets assigned to the 43rd Fighter Squadron training unit and 24 aircraft assigned to the 95th Fighter Squadron, a 2018 Government Accountability Office report says.

The Air Force will not confirm the number of F-22s that were left at Tyndall during the storm. The reason they were not evacuated to Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, is because of spare parts or maintenance issues.

(snip)

Comment

If they were downchecked for maintenance issues, I would guess any F22s still at Tyndall now have worse maintenance issues. Some of those aircraft hangers were absolutely destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by JCT View Post
                If they were downchecked for maintenance issues, I would guess any F22s still at Tyndall now have worse maintenance issues. Some of those aircraft hangers were absolutely destroyed!
                I wouldn't be surprised if some of the F-22s would be wrecked beyond repair...

Comment

Maybe GunGrape May have some local knowledge? But he has not posted in a couple weeks. Hopefully, he is doing well.
                  But I read from one that sounded knowledgeable that four Raptors were left behind. Three in one hanger that sustained substantial damage. The other hanger that contained a Raptor was less damaged.

Comment

Considering how rare the F-22 is, I'd be willing to bet the USAF will pay top dollar to repair any that hasn't suffered major strutural damage (ie, crushed flat or similar). But with hangars colapsing ahd high speed debris flying around...

Comment

https://breakingdefense.com/2018/10/...sts-imperiled/

"The Air Force is still evaluating about 17 F-22s left behind at Tyndall Air Base..."

Comment

17?! Wow...

Comment

The Air Force should have reached out to get Super (or King) Stallions to ferry them out of the area.
                          Last edited by surfgun; 19 Oct 18,, 01:02.

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                            The Air Force should have reached out to get Super (or King) Stallions to ferry them out of the area.
                            An interesting suggestion haha. I think heads will roll because of the decision to leave behind so many airplanes, although I can not say what more could have realistically been done.

Comment

Originally posted by JA Boomer View Post
                              to leave behind so many really really really expensive and rare airplanes,
                              Just a small clarification on the situation... ;)

Comment

Stallion airlift.
                                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTzQjTL1sks

Comment

Working...
                                X