777 missing with 239 souls on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Triple C View Post
    If hijacking is in fact what happened, it is exceedingly strange that no ransom demands nor political statements were made. It is perhaps possible that the hijacker either crashed it by accident, or actually keeping the plane for some unknown purpose.
    Or the passengers forced him down, or he just wanted to kill himself without hurting his families chance of claiming the pension, or any number of things. They need to find that cockpit voice recorder.

Also, if the plane was going to land, I'd put my money on the Horn of Africa. Trouble is, it doesn't appear to have the fuel. They need to check that part very carefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by chakos View Post
      Stated Buddha,

This would be the perfect way to deliver a dirty bomb that isn't yet capable of being mounted as a warhead. There's more than one state actor at this level of advancement but not enough to be able to pull this off while maintaining plausible deniability.

More worrying would be a biological or chemical payload although even HE or plain kinetic would be effective.
      Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      You guys are serious that a plane of that size can land somewhere, load weapons, sneak in unnoticed, unload weapons somewhere in Asia (I assume)?

Then what? Whatever country provided landing strip, fuel and weapons will go flat in a matter of days.

Or maybe you guys are saying Norks needed 777 for their president?
      Looking at the arc, I was definitely thinking North Korea too. But the pilots and suspicious passport guys pointed to a Muslim angle.

Though its not unheard of for different ideologies to come together for a common purpose. So does that mean the 777 is heading to an Indian city? The only other non-Muslim country in the region is China, and even the AQ would think many many times before going after them. Probably more than they did when they attacked the US.

We on the other hand are a soft target. Always been soft. Though you really do not need a 777 to hit us.

Comment

• the previous picture i posted was a bit off....

Attached Files

Comment

• So is this hinting at Somalian piracy on a grander more ambitious scale then?

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
            So is this hinting at Somalian piracy on a grander more ambitious scale then?
            If it was hijacked and then slammed into something immediately then I would say probably. But if it was hijacked and then parked somewhere I think it's something more than that. This points to intent for reuse at some point which would require a level of expertise that is more than just the knowledge to fly the plane. It means the perpetrators are confident of making the plane reusable with a reasonable degree of success in their mission. That involves maintaining the plane's airworthiness and ability to conceal it physically as well as electronically when it is reused for it's hijacked purpose. This points to something really big. I would hate to discover what happened to the lost USSR nuclear material this way.

Comment

Looking at the arc, I was definitely thinking North Korea too. But the pilots and suspicious passport guys pointed to a Muslim angle.

Though its not unheard of for different ideologies to come together for a common purpose. So does that mean the 777 is heading to an Indian city? The only other non-Muslim country in the region is China, and even the AQ would think many many times before going after them. Probably more than they did when they attacked the US.

We on the other hand are a soft target. Always been soft. Though you really do not need a 777 to hit us.
              Its not possible for them to make it to nk Buddha. The way east is saturated with air defense radars. Only way to go to avoid detection was west across the Indian ocean. Most plausible landing site is horn of Africa. Whether they made it is anyone's guess. Probably not and I wouldn't rule out a struggle on the plane.

Looking at yf's pic, that circle on available fuel is very concerning.

Comment

• IF , hi,jack , there has been some meticulous planning been done by the perps , but why no contact ( that we know of ) Sculley n Mulder need to be on this case .The Malaysian PM has just been on the BBC saying what the WAB has known for a week , ie , comms were deliberately disabled etc . Nothing new from them .

Comment

• I think the one lesson that can be learned form all this is simply don't fly Malaysian Airlines - ever.
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monash View Post
                    I think the one lesson that can be learned form all this is simply don't fly Malaysian Airlines - ever.
                    Not so fast, this could have happened to any airline. It happened to 3 planes in one day in another country, no one is advocating their boycott, is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                      Looking at yf's pic, that circle on available fuel is very concerning.
                      The available fuel circle has only India and China as likely landfalls/impact targets. Are you thinking its an Indian or Chinese city as target? I think Darwin is the only major western city on that pie limit.

But either way that first pie only indicates where it could have landed and gone underground.

If this line of thinking (as is increasingly gaining momentum) is to be followed, then there are multiple other similar pies that could originate from the outer peripheries of this one, and those are what would be really concerning to the rest of the world.

As it is even with this pie, more than a third of humanity is "at risk".

Comment

• Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                        Not so fast, this could have happened to any airline. It happened to 3 planes in one day in another country, no one is advocating their boycott, is there?
                        I agree. I've flown Malaysian. Its one of the better airlines in the region. And the airhostesses have really nice personality.

Comment

• News breaking , authorities are searching the pilots home ?

He must have a big f#ck off house if they think he's hidden it there. :whome:
                          Last edited by tankie; 15 Mar 14,, 11:36.

Comment

The available fuel circle has only India and China as likely landfalls/impact targets. Are you thinking its an Indian or Chinese city as target? I think Darwin is the only major western city on that pie limit.

But either way that first pie only indicates where it could have landed and gone underground.

If this line of thinking (as is increasingly gaining momentum) is to be followed, then there are multiple other similar pies that could originate from the outer peripheries of this one, and those are what would be really concerning to the rest of the world.

As it is even with this pie, more than a third of humanity is "at risk".
                            Its exactly the land and refuel part that has everyone spooked. The outer circle covers the Horn of Africa, aka Yemen and Somalia, aka al Qaeda central.

There are no other plausible landing sites on that map except those locations.

Consider:

India - does not make sense.
                            Pakistan -most of that plane is Chinese - doesn't make sense.
                            Iran -has enough trouble as is unless the Mullahs are insanely stupid, which they are not.
                            Any other central Asian location has to go through the above 3 countries, meaning the plane can be detected.
                            Omon - us ally.
                            By elimination, only places left are Somalia and Yemen. Both on the edge of the Indian ocean, both has large tracts of All Qaeda governed territory, and both might have useable airfields.

ACARS can be disabled in flight.

But where could they go next if they take off again? Could they mask as another 777 by switching transponder frequency?

Also, I think I'd give the classified analysis more credence than the possibility of the plane reaching Africa. I bet us intelligence has already been looking and didnt find the plane in Africa.
                            Last edited by citanon; 15 Mar 14,, 11:29.

Comment

• OMG ,, forkin eck , asked by a powerful "significant figure" :pop:

Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Uri Geller called to help in search for missing plane - Mirror Online

Comment

• citanon, something happpened to the reply I typed out. Sorry.

Basically for some reason I mistakenly thought the outer circle was the glide circle. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X