777 missing with 239 souls on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    trolling , how dare you comment on b/f's forum citanon , him being the master and font of knowledge of all he surveys ,he should soon be elevated to rochen owner n super mod now minnie is away ,,,,,,, damned inconsiderate of you ol chap ,
    ....speaking of trolling....
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
      ....speaking of trolling....
      And you know all about it dont you mouthchester united , lets hope u see this post as well even tho your on the best plain possible ,, my ignore list , now be a good pome and stay away , but there again seeing as you can access whilst on ignore im going to unblock you n make it easy , then I can say whatever I have to say to you to your , err hmm , face , as it were . ( that being if your worth it , 9 times out of 10 ,,your not ) And as everyone can see , your spurious trolling obnoxious post to citanon has screwed up another serious thread .
      Last edited by tankie; 10 Mar 14,, 12:42.

Comment

Bigfella - that trolling comment was uncalled for. It surprised me and pissed me off in a discussion where, I thought, we were just trying to figure this thing out.
        Tankie - thanks for jumping in on my side :hug: but those last few drinks :tankie: before posting may have been uncalled for.

Gents, let's get back on topic and keep it civil. :)

Latest developments in the way the ticket was purchased deepens the mystery, but does make the refugee theory more plausible. Doesn't out right reject any of the three possibilities for those two we've discussed, but does make it a bit less likely that they were terrorists.

Two mystery passengers add to intrigue in airliner's disappearance - CNN.com

The crucial take away here is that a travel agent bought the ticket for the pair through an intermediary, and they did not specifically request that particular plane. This explains why the tickets were bought in sequence and why there were two different destinations. Also, if they were terrorists they would have to have been trying to deceive the ticket seller also. In effect rejecting tickets until they got the right set up. They did ignore the first ticket but that could be due to other reasons. No doubt authorities will be tracking down Mr. Ali and following all leads through on that end.

However, that might leave even less clues for what happened to the plane. It still looks like it's been blown to smithereens in mid air, and as Tankie predicted the oil slicks are probably not from the plane after all. The "door" and "life raft" spotted from the air did not check out.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/still-no...that-vanished/
        Last edited by citanon; 10 Mar 14,, 20:07.

Comment

It still looks like it's been blown to smithereens in mid air
          Why do you say that? How do you make that determination when the wreckage has not even been located yet?

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
            Bigfella - that trolling comment was uncalled for. It surprised me and pissed me off in a discussion where, I thought, we were just trying to figure this thing out.
            You were being deliberately obtuse.

Tankie - thanks for jumping in on my side :hug: but those last few drinks :tankie: before posting may have been uncalled for.
            He's got a bug up his arse about me because I disagreed with him twice in the past year. That is why he is dragging the thread off course with a series of personal attacks. He'll start ranting about Cameron soon

Gents, let's get back on topic and keep it civil. :)
            Talk to him. I'm good.

Latest developments in the way the ticket was purchased deepens the mystery, but does make the refugee theory more plausible. Doesn't out right reject any of the three possibilities for those two we've discussed, but does make it a bit less likely that they were terrorists.
            Details seem increasingly to point to people smuggling.

Malaysian authorities have identified one of the two men who used stolen passports to board a missing Malaysia Airlines jet, the nation’s inspector general of police told local media on Monday, as international search teams continued to look - so far unsuccessfully - for wreckage from the jet.

"I can confirm that he is not a Malaysian, but cannot divulge which country he is from yet," Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar told the Star, a major Malaysian newspaper. He added that the man is also not from Xinjiang, China - a northwestern province of the mainland home to minority Uighurs. Uighur separatists have been blamed for a knifing rampage in southwestern China this month that left 29 dead.

Malaysia's police chief was quoted by local media as saying that one of the men had been identified.

From left, Malaysia Airforce Major General Affendi Buang, Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation's Director General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman and Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahyain give a media briefing on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in Sepang, Malaysia.
            From left, Malaysia Airforce Major General Affendi Buang, Malaysia's Department of Civil Aviation's Director General Azharuddin Abdul Rahman and Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahyain give a media briefing on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in Sepang, Malaysia. Photo: AP Photo

Civil aviation chief Azharuddin Abdul Rahman declined to confirm this, but said they were of "non-Asian" appearance, adding that authorities were looking at the possibility the men were connected to a stolen passport syndicate.

Advertisement

Asked by a reporter what they looked like "roughly," he said: "Do you know of a footballer by the name of (Mario) Balotelli? He is an Italian. Do you know how he looks like?"

A reporter then asked, "Is he black?" and the aviation chief replied, "Yes."

The search continues ... a military serviceman looks out of a helicopter during a search and rescue mission off Vietnam's Tho Chu island.
            The search continues ... a military serviceman looks out of a helicopter during a search and rescue mission off Vietnam's Tho Chu island. Photo: Reuters

With no confirmation that the Boeing 777 had crashed, hundreds of distraught relatives waited anxiously for any news. Thai police and Interpol questioned the proprietors of a travel agency in the resort town of Pattaya that sold one-way tickets to two men now known to have been travelling on flight MH370 using stolen passports.

There has been no indication that the two men had anything to do with the tragedy, but the use of stolen passports fueled speculation of foul play, terrorism or a hijacking gone wrong. Malaysia has shared their details with Chinese and American intelligence agencies.

The men were scheduled to connect in Beijing for flights to Europe. The police in Pattaya said the tickets were bought not by the passengers themselves but by an Iranian man known to the police only as Mr Ali.

Military personnel work within the cockpit of a helicopter belonging to the Vietnamese airforce as they search for the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER jetliner.
            Military personnel work within the cockpit of a helicopter belonging to the Vietnamese airforce as they search for the Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER jetliner. Photo: Reuters

Supachai Phuikaewkhum, the chief of police in Pattaya, said in an interview late on Monday that Mr Ali, who formerly lived in Pattaya and operated a restaurant there but now appears to have moved back to Iran, was a regular customer of the travel agency. Mr Supachai said Mr Ali called the agency from an Iranian telephone number and asked for the cheapest fares available from Kuala Lumpur to two separate destinations in Europe.

"The staff suggested that a flight with several stops would be cheaper, so he picked that route,” Mr Supachai said.

He said the tickets were paid for in cash by another Iranian man whose name Mr Supachai pronounced as “Asay.” That man was questioned on Monday by the police, he said.

Read more: Missing Malaysia Airlines jet: Passenger with stolen passport 'non-Asian' who looks like Mario Balotelli
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Any word on what might have happened? How can a jetliner just disappear? There wasn't even a debris field.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Could this be a Bermuda Triangle type phenomenon?

Comment

Originally posted by guicho80 View Post
                  Why do you say that? How do you make that determination when the wreckage has not even been located yet?
                  It's the lack of significant debris:

Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source | Reuters

Comment

Planes have been torn apart in the air before without explosives, without distress signals, such as with Adam Air Flight_ 74.

Comment

It probably disappeared in a black hole , commonly known as bigfellas mouth , by the way , you never disagreed with anything in past threads , you dictated your usual ( im right and your wrong points) in your usual arrogant way , and guess what sherlock , you started derailing this thread , go back and read your attack on citanon , you whingin pome .And if your best shot is ref to cameron where I mention him in the correct thread or context posts adhering to it , but not this one , I will ,,sheila , your not even in the same ballpark . You wanna trade in a thread you brought into disrepute AGAIN , well feel free , but 1st be nice to citanon and apologize . Thats if humble pie can be spoonfed to you.
                      Last edited by tankie; 10 Mar 14,, 23:13.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Any word on what might have happened? How can a jetliner just disappear? There wasn't even a debris field.
                        Zilch , nothing , if blown up the debris field would be unmissable , no SOS ,it fell off the radar , no signals from the blackbox , but once again , a huge round of applause for the international effort .

Comment

One word (and I think tankie will agree with me): aliens. Anyone ever see Millennium, with the lovely Cheryl Ladd?
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            Zilch , nothing , if blown up the debris field would be unmissable , no SOS ,it fell off the radar , no signals from the blackbox , but once again , a huge round of applause for the international effort .
                            That's just so weird....

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                            One word (and I think tankie will agree with me): aliens. Anyone ever see Millennium, with the lovely Cheryl Ladd?
                            That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the plane "vanished."
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I just love cat fights between members of the British Commonwealth. Especially when they succumb to their native diction and slang. Great to listen to while I have no idea what they are saying. In person I'd understand less!

Tankie your great :tankie:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                                Fair to say the area is being blanketed with assets from Malaysia, Vietnam, China, Singapore and even Australia. We have sent 2 P3 Orions. Let's hope we find the plane soon for the sake of the families.
                                I wonder when the fighting over jurisdiction will begin?

Comment

Working...
                                X