No announcement yet.

777 missing with 239 souls on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep in mind too, potentially millions of square miles of area and an object, 212 feet long and 199 feet wide. If you allowed that as a square that is 199 ft by 212 feet (much larger than the actual plane) it is still only around .0015 sq mile worth of airplane that could be in pieces in millions of sq miles of ocean. That is truly a needle in a haystack. And a big haystack at that. Technology is grand, but it can't do everything. There's going to need to be some luck involved in figuring out where this plane is.

Comment

• Let me toss something else out there.

Okay, those black boxes have got a locator ping, right?

Well, as I recall from the navy, when an ASW destroyer is out searching, not only do they want everyone aboard to be QUIET, they want no other ship around them.

So if that applies here, let's look at the situation we have.

Not only do we have ships out there searching for those black boxes, but we have EVERYONE out there.

It does sound like necessity has forced a rather conflict of interest situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
        If the jet was hi-jacked and flown by a rouge person to an unknown location why wouldn't any of those passengers make a phone call to some one? I mean over 200 passengers and none could notice the unusual activities in the cockpit, or weird flight direction or duration of the flight?

You need a working cellphone tower that accepts your call nearby.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
          I was not aware the transponders could be switched off , sooooooo looking more like hi,jack of some sort , still , its very strange , who thinks intel is withholding info ?
          Just for your information Eric, ;) it's found on the communications panel just behind the throttle quadrant on the Boeing 777 to either switch it off there, or even just removing the fuses. If it was deliberately switched off that cancels out suicide. Could have been a blown out windshield causing catastrophic decompression. Only evidence will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by chakos View Post
            This is looking more like a hijacking the longer this plays out.

My worry is that due to the lack of anyone taking responsibility that the hijacking itself wasn't the terrorist attack, merely the means to acquire the tool.

Let's hope to god I'm wrong but if true it would have to be state sponsored and the target would be something big.
            That is my feeling precisely. Kind of reminds you of that transformers movie where a helicopter that had supposedly crashed in Iraq suddenly appeared out of nowhere to cause real terror. I am really beginning to think this a very large operation with a very, very dark intentions for its use. And more darker still, it is unimaginable to think what has happened to the passengers if true.
            Last edited by Zinja; 15 Mar 14,, 01:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
              I was not aware the transponders could be switched off , sooooooo looking more like hi,jack of some sort , still , its very strange , who thinks intel is withholding info ?
              Me! I can not believe for the life of me, that on that part of the world, with all the territorial disputes and navies teaming all over the place, a civilian liner the size of a 777 can just cruise through a main air corridor and the only people who have a record of it is the Malaysian military with a radar of what..... .... 200nm? Every other navy apparently was just napping. Unbelievable, absolutely incredible!
              Last edited by Zinja; 15 Mar 14,, 01:08.

Comment

• Malaysian: Investigators conclude flight hijacked
                Associated Press By EILEEN NG and JOAN LOWY

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Investigators have concluded that one or more people with significant flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, switched off communication devices and steered it off-course, a Malaysian government official involved in the investigation said Saturday.
                made known, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media. The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory.

"It is conclusive," he said.

He said evidence that led to the conclusion were signs that the plane's communications were switched off deliberately, data about the flight path and indications the plane was steered in a way to avoid detection by radar.

The Boeing 777's communication with the ground was severed just under one hour into a flight March 8 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Malaysian officials previously have said radar data suggest it may have turned back toward and crossed over the Malaysian peninsula after setting out on a northeastern path toward the Chinese capital.

Earlier, an American official told The Associated Press that investigators are examining the possibility of "human intervention" in the plane's disappearance, adding it may have been "an act of piracy."

While other theories are still being examined, the U.S. official said key evidence suggesting human intervention is that contact with the Boeing 777's transponder stopped about a dozen minutes before a messaging system on the jet quit. Such a gap would be unlikely in the case of an in-flight catastrophe.

The Malaysian official said only a skilled aviator could navigate the plane the way it was flown after its last confirmed location over the South China Sea. The official said it had been established with a "more than 50 percent" degree of certainty that military radar had picked up the missing plane after it dropped off civilian radar.

Why anyone would want to do this is unclear. Malaysian authorities and others will be urgently investigating the backgrounds of the two pilots and 10 crew members, as well the 227 passengers on board.

Some experts have said that pilot suicide may be the most likely explanation for the disappearance, as was suspected in a SilkAir crash during a flight from Singapore to Jakarta in 1997 and an EgyptAir flight in 1999.

A massive international search effort began initially in the South China Sea where the plane's transponders stopped transmitting. It has since been expanded onto the other side of the Malay peninsula up into the Andaman Sea and into the Indian Ocean.

The plane had enough fuel to fly for at least five hours after its last know location, meaning a vast swath of South and Southeast Asia would be within its reach. Investigators are analyzing radar and satellite data from around the region to try and pinpoint its final location, something that will be vital to hopes of finding the plane, and answering the mystery of what happened to it. Source
                Well, it looks more or less official. It would also explain why they were looking in the completely wrong place.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  Well, it looks more or less official. It would also explain why they were looking in the completely wrong place.
                  All things considered it's actually the simplest explanation.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post

[ATTACH]35941[/ATTACH]
                      YF, it could have landed in that area, refuelled, and already be out of that arc.

I know the Colonel has been known to mention airliners as possible nuclear delivery vehicles. Is any of the thinking headed in that direction? For some reason I was still thinking 9/11 ramming till this occured to me.

Comment

• Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 deliberately flown off course: PM - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Looks like it's official now.
                        The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

• Stated Buddha,

This would be the perfect way to deliver a dirty bomb that isn't yet capable of being mounted as a warhead. There's more than one state actor at this level of advancement but not enough to be able to pull this off while maintaining plausible deniability.

More worrying would be a biological or chemical payload although even HE or plain kinetic would be effective.
                          The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

• If hijacking is in fact what happened, it is exceedingly strange that no ransom demands nor political statements were made. It is perhaps possible that the hijacker either crashed it by accident, or actually keeping the plane for some unknown purpose.
                            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• You guys are serious that a plane of that size can land somewhere, load weapons, sneak in unnoticed, unload weapons somewhere in Asia (I assume)?

Then what? Whatever country provided landing strip, fuel and weapons will go flat in a matter of days.

Or maybe you guys are saying Norks needed 777 for their president?
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• I can't believe it but Malaysians and the U.S. seem to believe it is a deliberate hijack. Which is bizarre for the objections you raised. But in the absence of other explanations--
                                All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                                -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Working...
                                X