Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Korean War marine who single handedly drove back a Chinese assault

Comment

impressive as hell, although i'm surprised the chinese fell for his rather heavily accented mandarin...

moreover i'm sure there were plenty of harrowing moments for Lt Li even from his own side. it'd take one twitchy private thinking "infiltrator!" and there'd be a nasty "friendly" fire incident.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

A cool dude , in the UK we honour a similar achievement by those small very big MEN

The Escapist : Forums : Off-topic Discussion : Gurkha single-handedly fought off 30 Taliban fighters

Attached Files

Comment

Major Kurt Chew-een Lee, Asian-American Marines trailblazer dies at 88 - CNN.com

God Bless, Sir.

Comment

Navy Cross, Silver Star, Marine Commendation Medal for Valor, 2 Purple Hearts, 3 Presidential Unit Citations, 3 campaigns in Korea and 3 campaigns in Viet Nam.

HUGE brass ones.

I hope his case is one fo the ones being reconsidered for upgrade to Medal of Honor.

RIP, Sir.

You were a hell of a Marine.
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X