The Texas Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Texas Elections

A month of torture compressed into about two hours as I figure out who to vote for.

Now, just have to memorize the list.

And, if anyone around me should ask, then I shall hold my head up proud and declare..........................

"Why, Pat Paulsen, of course!".

Don't you mean hold your nose?

And Pat Paulson would be a great step forward.
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Don't you mean hold your nose?

And Pat Paulson would be a great step forward.
      They just don't men like Pat anymore.

As far as holding my nose, not really.

I went to their web sites, evaluated them based on what they said about the issues, dropped those that didn't say anything, or complained about their opponent, or were just insane like Mr. Secede.

Granted, a lot were saying the same thing. Some said too much for the position they were running for. Some said things that I'd rather not have to support by supporting them, but that's life.

In one or two cases, a deciding factor was who would make the better opposite to the other party's pick.

Made my selections, made my list, memorized it, and went to vote.

Got a compliment from the vote people that I look younger than my DL, something I got from my father with his slightly Mediterranian olive skin. Got in, made my selections, got out. And it's done for now, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, no one escapes it totally. Being the theater type, I have LOTS of liberal friends and many of them are quite vocal. But to that I say.......................

.................................."Let us not argue who stabbed who, who killed who! This is suppose to be a joyous ocassion!".

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
        They just don't men like Pat anymore.

As far as holding my nose, not really.

I went to their web sites, evaluated them based on what they said about the issues, dropped those that didn't say anything, or complained about their opponent, or were just insane like Mr. Secede.

Granted, a lot were saying the same thing. Some said too much for the position they were running for. Some said things that I'd rather not have to support by supporting them, but that's life.

In one or two cases, a deciding factor was who would make the better opposite to the other party's pick.

Made my selections, made my list, memorized it, and went to vote.

Got a compliment from the vote people that I look younger than my DL, something I got from my father with his slightly Mediterranian olive skin. Got in, made my selections, got out. And it's done for now, as far as I'm concerned.

Of course, no one escapes it totally. Being the theater type, I have LOTS of liberal friends and many of them are quite vocal. But to that I say.......................

.................................."Let us not argue who stabbed who, who killed who! This is suppose to be a joyous ocassion!".

Paying taxes and voting: Two occasions you know you have been robbed.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
        X