Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama

Dont know how accurate this is maybe someone can authenticate .

Obama Sues to Allow Illinois muslims to Skip Work Without Being Fired | ~~Defender of Faith~Guardian of Truth~~

EEOC Sues Star Transport, Inc. for Religious Discrimination

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/wp-co...lcoholeeoc.pdf
    Last edited by omon; 03 Mar 14,, 21:43.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

But at the same time he wants to deport German refugees who want to homeschool....

Comment

But they are a threat- after all who knows what they might teach their kids? ( please note the sarcasm)

Comment

Z, yup, that is right.

President Obama sits in the Oval Office all day plotting to deport this family.

Yup. Sure.

Let me ask this question....what was the family's imiigration status? On what kind of visa did they enter the US.

And the immigration courts followed established law and precedent.

And at the end Homeland Security declines to deport them.

Let's make sure we tell the entire story here.

So, what if the family was Turkish from Germany and wanted to home school their kids in Sharia law?

What's you opinion then?
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

How is this home schooling work?

Over here kids must enter formal education or else the parents face high financial penalties, plus social services would take the kids.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

In the US, generally (because it is state by state) a parent or guardian can choose to teach their own children so long as the children meet the grade goals and standards as established by state boards of eduction (or equivalent). And there is no guarantee of reciprocity across state lines. Additionally, there is no relief from paying of local taxes and fees which supports schools. Finally home schooled children usually cannot participate in school extracurricular activities either (sports, band, etc).

A friend of mine was stationed at FT Jackson, SC and he and his wife did not like the reputation of the local public school. Since the wife only worked part time they chose to home school their 3 children for 2 years.

When they moved here to the Commonwealth of Virginia did not recognize the SC tests and each of the kids had to repeat a grade. Neither parent really complained....oh and the three kids? The oldest went to VMI on a 4 year ROTC scholarship, the middle is in West Point and the youngest got an early acceptance to teh honors program at VA TECH.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                In the US, generally (because it is state by state) a parent or guardian can choose to teach their own children so long as the children meet the grade goals and standards as established by state boards of eduction (or equivalent). And there is no guarantee of reciprocity across state lines. Additionally, there is no relief from paying of local taxes and fees which supports schools. Finally home schooled children usually cannot participate in school extracurricular activities either (sports, band, etc).
                So, can one school their own kids in Sharia law? Moreover, what prevents radicals to educate their kids like that after the school hours?

A friend of mine was stationed at FT Jackson, SC and he and his wife did not like the reputation of the local public school. Since the wife only worked part time they chose to home school their 3 children for 2 years.

When they moved here to the Commonwealth of Virginia did not recognize the SC tests and each of the kids had to repeat a grade. Neither parent really complained....oh and the three kids? The oldest went to VMI on a 4 year ROTC scholarship, the middle is in West Point and the youngest got an early acceptance to teh honors program at VA TECH.
                The system caught up where they failed. Good.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

So, can one school their own kids in Sharia law? Moreover, what prevents radicals to educate their kids like that after the school hours?

So long as the kids pass all of the standardized grade tests, sure.

And nothing prevents what parents teach their kids.
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                    Z, yup, that is right.

President Obama sits in the Oval Office all day plotting to deport this family.

Yup. Sure.

Let me ask this question....what was the family's imiigration status? On what kind of visa did they enter the US.

And the immigration courts followed established law and precedent.

And at the end Homeland Security declines to deport them.

Let's make sure we tell the entire story here.

So, what if the family was Turkish from Germany and wanted to home school their kids in Sharia law?

What's you opinion then?
                    I think the point that some people are making is that in spite of what your status is, being in the US, whether you have overstayed a visa, or came in on a student visa and are no longer a student, if you apply for asylum due to persecution, the US is fairly lenient in granting it. This family supposedly (because I have no way of verifying it) faces losing their children if they return to Germany because their religion (some kind of Christianity) compels them to teach their children at home. Supposedly they came here to escape that and applied for asylum then. I would say if true, that is a fairly compelling case for asylum. Has the US granted political asylum to others claiming religious persecution? It is listed as one of the 5 categories considered when one applies for asylum.
                    The next question then in some minds is why then were they denied? Many people think the President and his supporters have an anti-Christian bias, at least when it comes to what is perceived as conservative Christians. It is highly unlikely the President spends his time looking at individual cases like this unless there is some great media attention. But he does make political appointments and those people reflect his views and values or try to act on what they perceive his values are. So could they have denied their plea out of bias? I wouldn't just reject it out of hand that that's what happened. I think there are biases and stereotypes out there about Christians who home school, some may be justified but many are just that- stereotypes. Additionally this administration has been hostile to alternative schooling, both home schooling and charter schools. So maybe there is something there.
                    Sharia law- if people want to follow the edicts of their freely chosen religion that's fine, but the law doesn't allow for religious freedom if it involves harming other people or property, and there is still the fact that said education (homeschooling or otherwise) still has to meet standards set by the govt in basic areas of math, science, etc.
                    I'm not saying that it was denied due to a bias, like you said we need the entire story. But I am willing to consider that it could be a case of bias- look at the IRS and Lois Lerner.

Comment

Home schooling in the USA at the moment is much better then the public school system. No drama, no drugs, better curriculum, etc... In some countries public schooling is fine, it just that the US system has fallen so far.

more on topic, dido to DonBelt. Obama is not picking the lives of random people to ruin, it has to do with the people he appoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Arem52 View Post
                        Home schooling in the USA at the moment is much better then the public school system. No drama, no drugs, better curriculum, etc... In some countries public schooling is fine, it just that the US system has fallen so far.
                        So where are your statistics? Where is empirical data? How about the studies which show home school kids have poor socialization skills and have very difficult times adjusting to college life?

Let's see it.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

I remember hearing about a number of studies that report home-schooled kids competing college at a higher rate than those who were not. However, IIRC, most of those researches are not income adjusted. I would suspect a well-educated parent who has the time to home school their children would do better than public school teachers dealing with dozens of pupils at a time.
                          All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                          -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                            I remember hearing about a number of studies that report home-schooled kids competing college at a higher rate than those who were not. However, IIRC, most of those researches are not income adjusted. I would suspect a well-educated parent who has the time to home school their children would do better than public school teachers dealing with dozens of pupils at a time.
                            No arguments there. Usually those well-educated parents do have a job and they have little time to devote to their kids.

OTOH, I have a friend who is a professional swimming instructor and his kids are learning swimming with the other group. His explanation: "I can't be methodical with my own kids."

Comment

As far as homeschooling vs public schools, like most things the answer is undoubtedly “it depends”. For the most part, I believe that the involvement of the parents in both situations is the critical factor. With a high level of commitment to a good education and active parental involvement, kids can get a good education in either scenario.

With that being said, homeschooling would certainly involve a greater commitment of time and resources on the part of the parents. Unfortunately I have seen what happens when that commitment doesn't work out.

I used to work with a couple of sisters in their late teens that were home-schooled by their parents. One was extremely shy and introverted to the point of having difficulty interacting with people on a more than 1 to 1 basis. The other was extremely extroverted and constantly in trouble with drugs, difficulty with authority, and the law. Both could read, but had trouble with larger words and spelling, and neither of them could do any math beyond addition and subtraction.

Keep in mind that this is purely an anecdotal account, and doesn't provide any statistical insights. I am sure there are good results from homeschooling out there. Yet I tend to think that even poor public schools put a higher floor on the minimum education that children will receive than homeschooling does.

Comment

Working...
                              X