Pentagon's Proposed 2015 Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon's Proposed 2015 Budget

It looks like the Army will be reduced to 450,000 personnel, the Air force will be retiring their fleet of A-10s and U-2s, and the Navy will be putting 11 Cruisers onto a reduced operating status. You can read more about the proposed budget here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/24/us...evel.html?_r=0

Looks like OSB is going to be even more crushing next year than it was this year...

Comment

Can't they use these service members to help secure our boarders? Rather than just eliminating their positions. They should establish a job to protect the U.S. border. Perhaps they to could be the people to construct the fence along the Mexico U.S border. Or patrol highly traveled section. I'm not saying it takes the 450,000 people to do this but some percentage of this number could be used some where effectively while maintaining the current budget and increasing the safety of U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Clan_of_Wroth View Post
        Can't they use these service members to help secure our boarders? Rather than just eliminating their positions. They should establish a job to protect the U.S. border. Perhaps they to could be the people to construct the fence along the Mexico U.S border. Or patrol highly traveled section. I'm not saying it takes the 450,000 people to do this but some percentage of this number could be used some where effectively while maintaining the current budget and increasing the safety of U.S.
        They're eliminating those positions, all of them, due to budgetary problems, not for lack of anything better to do with them.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Posse Comitatus
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            Posse Comitatus
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Best scene in the movie.
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                Best scene in the movie.
                I can't every hear or read the phrase "Posse Comitatus" without muttering that response under my breath...usually followed by "You syphilitic Bolshevik!"

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  I can't every hear or read the phrase "Posse Comitatus" without muttering that response under my breath...usually followed by "You syphilitic Bolshevik!"
                  You and me both, brother!

Jd Spradlin...got to love him!
                  Mark Twain

Comment

I found a video showing how the US Army will operate once this budget takes effect...

Comment

I feel like this is relevant:

At any rate, I'm more interested in what's left after the cuts. The amount of officers vs enlisted, for example.

I also feel like there's a lot of wasteful spending, but I simply don't know enough to be able state such as fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X