Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminds me of this video I saw a few months ago:

"There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
      Reminds me of this video I saw a few months ago:

I think that is how most human/bear encounters are Curiosity-disgust- go separate ways.
      I am not so lucky though. My luck is to burst into the scene to find cubs bawling on my right and a charging momma bear coming in fast from the left. Once the bears get so big pretty much everything is on the menu.
      I have had 5 encounters myself
      1: While hunting took a nap at the base of a tree. Woke up to "deer noises" from the other side of the tree. rolled over and damned near came face to face with a cub who pretty much did what the bear did in the video…turned and went his merry way.
      2: when scouting for deer (pre season) came across a "dog" rooting around a fallen log…about 30 yards away. Then the animal got a whiff of me stopped and poked his head out. There I was, alone and nowhere to run to or hide. The bear looked at me turned and ran.

3: One evening in Idaho I went to throw a bag of garbage away…sony walkman on my hip and ear plugs blasting away. As I swung up the bag to throw it in a big clawed hand came up from the garbage bin and poked the bag while I was still holding it. I was back at the trailer before that garbage bag hit the ground. I would have smoked Carl Lewis for that 100 yards.
      4: same bear… I was getting the sweat off and cooling off in the Salmon river when the bear tried to swim across. The current hit him and was sweeping him right to me. He was looking over his shoulder at me with panic in his eyes and I was pulling for him to be a better swimmer. He missed me by about 15 feet as he went by
      5 Same bear…… while I was jogging on the road he protected the garbage dump and false charged me. I jogged the rest of the summer with my .357.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Closest I ever got to a bear was about 100' at Hetch Hetchy a few years ago; was hiking up the Rancheria Falls trail and saw a black bear (even though he was actually brown) about 100 yards away, ambling my way down the trail. I quickly got off the trail, and let the bear continue on his way, looking for food. He wasn't very big, maybe 150 lbs., tops, but I didn't want to find out what kind of a mood he was in!
        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
          Reminds me of this video I saw a few months ago:

I imagine thats pretty much how eastern Europe feels this week.

Comment

• Back to the original topic,

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...pvc%20bow&sm=3

Impressive on what these lads did and for 25-30 yards, damned good bows. There's even a video on how a pvc bow will not explode like fibreglass or wood bows, so the safety feature is an added bonus.

Comment

Working...
            X