No announcement yet.

Australian government targets asylum seekers with graphic campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They take our jobs and eat our bread" phenomena is viral.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      "They take our jobs and eat our bread" phenomena is viral.
      Is normal and is real.Could you have handled the 500000 refugees alone?
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
        Is normal and is real.Could you have handled the 500000 refugees alone?
        Nope, but we never had plans to let them in the first place. We had a plan to make a route to Albania for them ;)

BTW, not one of them 'stole' a job from any of us.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Nope, but we never had plans to let them in the first place. We had a plan to make a route to Albania for them ;)

BTW, not one of them 'stole' a job from any of us.
          See,that's another problem.You let in a mass of people who can't compete.Forget about the doctors and engineers,those are a minority. The rest don't take your job,but you still have to pay them,even if indirectly.
          If you have 3% real unemployment(not some doctored statistics) you can let in people.Qualified or not,there will be jobs.When you have 10% of your own people on welfare you have no economic need.If you still let migrants in(or you help create a voting but unthinking underclass) you have to lower the standard of living for your people,sooner or later.Then,you will get a conflict.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Any sources for this?

It makes sense, but hard data is sometimes counter-intuitive.

Comment

Australia asylum: One killed in violence at PNG camp
              18 February 2014

One asylum seeker has been killed and 77 injured during a second night of violence at Australia's immigration detention centre in Papua New Guinea. The man died of head injuries on the way to hospital, Australian Immigration Minister Scott Morrison said. Thirteen people suffered serious injuries, including two who are being transferred to Australia for treatment, one with a gunshot wound. He said the injuries occurred outside the camp, after the men broke out. Australia sends asylum seekers arriving by boat for detention and processing in offshore camps in Papua New Guinea and the Pacific territory of Nauru. Conditions in these camps have been strongly criticized by UN agencies and rights groups.
              Source

What actually happened is a bit murky. Detainees and workers at the facility claim PNG police entered the camp. PNG police deny this allegation.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry. I've been having long days at work and the stress of planning a wedding, coupled with my fiancee's (prolonged) recovery from a broken vertebrae, led to me kinda losing it and snapping at BigFella, and I apologize for that. I didn't read what he said, I saw the word "Nazi" and I snapped. While BigFella and I have been known to disagree, even vehemently, in the past, what I wrote was uncalled for. As you may have noticed, I took a short break from WAB (while doing other things at home to try and regain my equilibrium), and I feel I've gotten control of things. Once again, I apologize to BigFella, and hope he can forgive me for my attack at his expense.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Hope your better half gets well soon and and everything sorts in the best order.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                    I'm sorry. I've been having long days at work and the stress of planning a wedding, coupled with my fiancee's (prolonged) recovery from a broken vertebrae, led to me kinda losing it and snapping at BigFella, and I apologize for that. I didn't read what he said, I saw the word "Nazi" and I snapped. While BigFella and I have been known to disagree, even vehemently, in the past, what I wrote was uncalled for. As you may have noticed, I took a short break from WAB (while doing other things at home to try and regain my equilibrium), and I feel I've gotten control of things. Once again, I apologize to BigFella, and hope he can forgive me for my attack at his expense.
                    Accepted. While I feel that my anger in response was justified, I also apologize for any offence given. Probably should have calmed down a bit before posting. Hope your fiancé recovers quickly.
                    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                      Source

What actually happened is a bit murky. Detainees and workers at the facility claim PNG police entered the camp. PNG police deny this allegation.
                      Apparently most of the injuries were head injuries - the PNG police were busy. I don't trust anyone here to give an accurate account. Morrison is an utterly loathsome character. Assume he is lying & work back. The PNG police are dodgy as & the asylum seekers have ample motivation to want to get maximum sympathy (though it won't help). There will be an inquiry. Nobody will care.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                        Apparently most of the injuries were head injuries - the PNG police were busy. I don't trust anyone here to give an accurate account. Morrison is an utterly loathsome character. Assume he is lying & work back. The PNG police are dodgy as & the asylum seekers have ample motivation to want to get maximum sympathy (though it won't help). There will be an inquiry. Nobody will care.
                        Further info suggests the violence may have ben committed largely by local villagers with the police & security guards stepping aside either out of fear for their safety or lack of concern for the safety of those being attacked.

It should be remembered that these are people under Australian care. We have chosen to warehouse them in a poor & violent 3rd world nation rather than Australia - where they should be. Any harm that comes to them is our responsibility. Unfortunately we don't really care. Asylum seekers have been sufficiently de-humanized by some of the lowest imaginable politics that it will take a lot more than this to change perceptions.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X