I've got the lid on.

I was a little overzealous with the deck wash and had to clean that up a bit. The deck stripe decals were a serious pain to get applied right. From here on out, I think I'll mask and paint them instead. Planes on the deck can cover up anything too obvious.

I receive my 1/350 Gambier Bay this week. Artwox makes a wood deck for it, but also includes masks for the camouflage and all the deck markings. I'll be able to paint the lines and the deck number with them. That option would have worked nicely here. The CVE is definitely shorter than this ship.

I've learned enough with this carrier not to repeat the same mistakes on my others, so that's progress, I guess.

Attachment 39389Attachment 39390