Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire family of Kim Jong-un's uncle also executed in North Korea: reports

| Herald Sun

THE entire family of Kim Jong-un's uncle, executed less than a month ago, have also been killed at the North Korean leader's instruction, according to reports.

Jang Song Thaek was put to death on December 12 at the age of 67 after making an alleged attempt to dethrone his nephew, including contemplating a military-backed coup.

Now Yonhap News Agency reports all Jang's direct relatives were called to Pyongyang last month and executed in a bid to "clamp down on mutiny".

"Extensive executions have been carried out for relatives of Jang Song Thaek," a source said. "All relatives of Jang have been put to death, including even children."

The executed relatives include Jang's sister Jang Kye-sun, her husband and Ambassador to Cuba Jon Yong-jin, and Ambassador to Malaysia Jang Yong-chol, who is a nephew of Jang, as well as his two sons, the sources said.

The sons, daughters and even grandchildren of Jang's two brothers were also reportedly killed.

"Some relatives were shot to death by pistol in front of other people if they resisted while being dragged out of their apartment homes," another source said.

Some relatives by marriage, including the wife of the ambassador to Malaysia, were reportedly spared and sent to remote villages.

"The executions of Jang's relatives mean that no traces of him should be left," a source said. "The purge of the Jang Song-thaek people is under way on an extensive scale from relatives and low-level officials."

The news comes after North Korea urged a skeptical South Korea to respond to a recent series of trust-building gestures and again urged Seoul to cancel upcoming military drills with the United States.

The apparent olive branch on Friday came in the form of an open letter sent to South Korean authorities by the North's top military body on the orders of leader Kim Jong-un proffering "reconciliation and unity''.

Published by the North's official KCNA news agency, the letter built on a series of confidence-building proposals that South Korea has already dismissed as a "deceptive'' propaganda exercise.

"What is important for paving a wide avenue for mending North-South relations is to make a bold decision to stop all hostile military acts, the biggest hurdle stoking distrust and confrontation," the letter from the National Defence Commission said.
    Continuation and consolidation of power struggle in NK by the winner it seems.
    Last edited by observer7; 26 Jan 14,, 16:05.

How reliable is this. Plenty of people got bitten by the '130 dogs' story.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Hmm, just posting it off the google news stream, seems pretty reliable. Seems like alot of news sites are picking this story up in the pass 2 hours.

Seems like yonhapnews.co.kr broke the news first in English 13 hours ago at least from what I can see on Google.
      Last edited by observer7; 26 Jan 14,, 16:13.

Comment

Jang Yong-chol, Ambassador to Malaysia along with a number of Jang's other associates were asked to return to NK after Jang was ousted. Think the Col and some here called it correctly that those returning were dead men. What I'm trying to understand is they knew they were going to be killed going back, why then did they still get on the plane?

Comment

Their families were hostages.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            Their families were hostages.
            And KJU killing the families means he just lost use for hostages in the future.
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

I haven't read this kind of crap since fuedal Japan. It also means that the next guy who challenges the twerp will do so with full guns blazing.

Comment

I haven't read this kind of crap since fuedal Japan. It also means that the next guy who challenges the twerp will do so with full guns blazing.
                He sounds scared.

Comment

One can live in hope ;)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    One can live in hope ;)
                    Incentives are around.

North Korea May Be Sitting On $6 Trillion Worth Of Rare Minerals - Business Insider
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                      He sounds scared.
                      I thought the exact same when I read this. He panicked and in the process ensured the only way he leaves his position is in a coffin. If anything the rare earth minerals found under Nork soil just made a Chinese or South Korean operation to get rid of him a lot more likely. It will offset the cost of the refugees nicely.
                      The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Gentlemen,

Becareful for what you wished for. The man who replaces KJU, by definition, would have to be a scarier monster than KJU. The question is, can the replacement be more disciplined? Would the replacement be better? I don't know but I do know that he would be far more dangerous.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Becareful for what you wished for. The man who replaces KJU, by definition, would have to be a scarier monster than KJU. The question is, can the replacement be more disciplined? Would the replacement be better? I don't know but I do know that he would be far more dangerous.
                          Who was more dangerous, Mao or Deng?
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

ouch!
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              Who was more dangerous, Mao or Deng?
                              Mao died of old age and Deng was lucky to survive before that.KJU may die of heart attack,being a fat&lazy bastard,but unless that happens,somebody will have to kill him.And it will be a rare sort of killer that one.
                              Those who know don't speak
                              He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Working...
                              X