Net neutrality is dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    And it will continue because now there is less incentive to invest and build faster networks.
    Actually there is no real incentive to build faster networks. To ante up into the telecom system requires billions of dollars to build a system. Who wants to do that today. It is not like the early days where little MCI could take on Ma Bell. The big players of AT&T and Comcast know that and have taken steps to protect their position. So where is their incentive when they already have most everybody in the U.S. by the proverbial balls?

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
      Actually there is no real incentive to build faster networks.
      The demand is there, how to profit from it. If there are no incentives as FCC has regulated then that is why.

When it comes to tech its always one direction. up. faster. provide the right atmosphere and you get critical mass otherwise you have stagnation.

To ante up into the telecom system requires billions of dollars to build a system. Who wants to do that today. It is not like the early days where little MCI could take on Ma Bell. The big players of AT&T and Comcast know that and have taken steps to protect their position. So where is their incentive when they already have most everybody in the U.S. by the proverbial balls?
      All those fiber roll outs that verizon did must have cost a lot. Why did they do it. i heard they wanted to run their competitors out of business. I'm not too familiar with the other coast.

Since you have problems connecting just to WAB, services like netflix or hulu are out of your range. But that is just the start.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 28 Feb 15,, 00:55.

Comment

We don't want anyone to regulate the internet. Let's get the government involved to keep internet free.

Great idea!

Now I support net neutrality just to see how this can come back and bite the asses of all those who supported it before.

I support net neutrality like how I support sharia in San Francisco. It's gonna be a great show.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

What this really boils down to is not net neutrality but who do you trust, AT&T/Comcast/Verizon or the Government. I will never trust AT&T/Comcast/Verizon.

Comment

What this really boils down to is not net neutrality but who do you trust, AT&T/Comcast/Verizon or the Government. I will never trust AT&T/Comcast/Verizon.
            I don't trust either.

Who would you rather fight? AT&Ts collection department or the IRS?

Comment

Actually I am 2 for 2 against the IRS over the last 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                I don't trust either.

Who would you rather fight? AT&Ts collection department or the IRS?
                Actually it is more of a case of who you can win against. It may be harder to win against the IRS because the consequences of pissing off a government really limits your options and take you to a cliffhanger. Fighting against ATT may be nasty and brutal but not the end of the world because you still have options.

Comment

After a week of "no server", the most in any 10 year period, I could care less about high speed improvements and more about getting the basic system reliable. Right here, in ground zero, and AT&T has a hard time getting it right.

Comment

After a week of "no server", the most in any 10 year period, I could care less about high speed improvements and more about getting the basic system reliable. Right here, in ground zero, and AT&T has a hard time getting it right.
                    I couldn't be happier with Time Warner. I have 35MB/s download speed. It takes me about 10 minutes to download and install StarCraft2.

Comment

You've got basic connectivity issues. Why you can't get it fixed i don't know.

Complaints i've heard from people with your ISP are not about that. Its mostly been about getting throttled doing downloads. well now that FCC says you can't get throttled they have more relief. Second time the FCC is saying it.
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 03 Mar 15,, 09:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X