Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLVIII

THE MATCHUP - Irresistible force vs. Immovable object

For the first time in NFL history, the number one offense faces off against the number one defense for the championship.

The Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos will battle for the Super Bowl title on Feb. 2, 2014, at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. and for the first time in NFL history, will be played in an outdoor arena during the brunt of winter.

American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips and The Band Perry will be performing and kicking off the festivities for the Super Bowl pre-game show.

Renee Fleming will perform the National Anthem and Bruno Mars will perform in the halftime show with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Google is adding for the first time, a gallery of teaser video clips to the annual YouTube Ad Blitz channel devoted to Super Bowl commercials. The gallery, scheduled to go live early Friday morning, begins with preview videos from five advertisers planning to run commercials during Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2: Butterfinger, Doritos, Intuit, Squarespace and Pepsi.

With all that said, what is your predictions? Will the weather effect the outcome of the game?

Originally posted by Julie View Post
    THE MATCHUP - Irresistible force vs. Immovable object

For the first time in NFL history, the number one offense faces off against the number one defense for the championship.

The Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos will battle for the Super Bowl title on Feb. 2, 2014, at the MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. and for the first time in NFL history, will be played in an outdoor arena during the brunt of winter.

American Idol season 11 winner Phillip Phillips and The Band Perry will be performing and kicking off the festivities for the Super Bowl pre-game show.

Renee Fleming will perform the National Anthem and Bruno Mars will perform in the halftime show with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Google is adding for the first time, a gallery of teaser video clips to the annual YouTube Ad Blitz channel devoted to Super Bowl commercials. The gallery, scheduled to go live early Friday morning, begins with preview videos from five advertisers planning to run commercials during Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2: Butterfinger, Doritos, Intuit, Squarespace and Pepsi.

With all that said, what is your predictions? Will the weather effect the outcome of the game?
    SF gave all Seattle all they could handle but Denver, with a better offense and not a shabby defense, overwhelmed N.E. Denver plays well in cold weather too. Lastly, Manning isn't going to make the same mistakes Colin did. Seattle is going home empty again.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

That all sounds good BUT there is one occurrence that puts a question mark over my head about that. Broncos and Seahawks played in a pre-season game (I think it was like week 2), and Seahawks beat them 40-10. I remember watching some of it with my son, but stopped watching cuz it was such a sloppy game.

Soooo, I'm going with the underdog, Seattle. Manning is getting old and worn, and I just think he isn't going to cut it in the snow. The younger boys are going to give him a run, just like they did in that pre-season game.

Comment

It might come down to weather. Slippery conditions favor the defense, younger players and running backs over throwing arms . So the offense may be more of a ground express than air mail if the snow is heavy. This favors Seattle on both counts. If Denver can't pass they lose. Plus there is a hunger in Seattle that is going to be hard to resist.

Personally the idea of playing the Superbowl in the snow is stupid...

Comment

That all sounds good BUT there is one occurrence that puts a question mark over my head about that. Broncos and Seahawks played in a pre-season game (I think it was like week 2), and Seahawks beat them 40-10. I remember watching some of it with my son, but stopped watching cuz it was such a sloppy game.

Soooo, I'm going with the underdog, Seattle. Manning is getting old and worn, and I just think he isn't going to cut it in the snow. The younger boys are going to give him a run, just like they did in that pre-season game.
          Preseasons are throwaway games. Just a tool to fine tune the roster while making some money.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
            It might come down to weather. Slippery conditions favor the defense, younger players and running backs over throwing arms . So the offense may be more of a ground express than air mail if the snow is heavy. This favors Seattle on both counts. If Denver can't pass they lose. Plus there is a hunger in Seattle that is going to be hard to resist.

Personally the idea of playing the Superbowl in the snow is stupid...

More often the slippery conditions favor the offense because they know where they are going and the defense has to react. Manning has proven he can pass under less than ideal conditions. I really don't mind the open field. This is not baseball and I look forward to seeing them play in conditions less than perfect. It adds a level of complexity to the game that both teems have to prepare for. What I would rather not see is something like the GB SF game of a couple of weeks ago. That was just too cold.

Comment

Methinks this one comes down to betting on the weather. If its gusting 30 mph in jersey come next Sunday, I think the Seahawks run away with this one. If the weather gods are tranquil I think the Broncs win a close one.

Comment

Most Super Bowls I could care less. However, since I do not care for Seattle at all, I will go with Denver. The intangible is this game is Manning and the fact that this could be his last Super Bowl shot. He is extremely competitive and I am sure wants to go down in history as one of the best. Right or wrong the best win Super Bowls and more than one if possible. Just look at Fouts and Marino. Both fantastic passers yet neither won a Super Bowl and as a result when people are asked who is/was the best all are Super Bowl winners. Fouts and Coryell changed the passing game in the NFL in their days but neither are mentioned in such a capacity. A shame as Walsh is always mentioned and Walsh learned from Coryell. Same with multiple winners as Bradshaw and Montana. Going with Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                  Preseasons are throwaway games. Just a tool to fine tune the roster while making some money.
                  I just cant fathom such a professional as Manning letting a rookie wax his a$$ like that, no matter what kind of game it is. Just sayin....

Comment

Week 2 of the preseason? I doubt Manning took even a single snap in that game.

Comment

I take it back. Apparently they rolled him out there for the entire 1st quarter and a single drive in the second. Still, unless both teams sit all their starters after the 1st quarter, I would not take the final score of that game as any indication of what to expect next Sunday.
                      Last edited by guicho80; 25 Jan 14,, 22:40.

Comment

I just cant fathom such a professional as Manning letting a rookie wax his a$$ like that, no matter what kind of game it is. Just sayin....
                        You have never been hustled have you? Seriously though. The preseason isn't about winning THAT game. It is about shaking off the rust, trying new things and get a final eyeball on personnel so you are best prepared for when the games really matter. I guarantee you will see a completely different Manning and Denver team in the Super bowl than what you watched "pre season".

Comment

Couldn't resist...

Sorry for interruption...

And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming.
                          Attached Files
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                            You have never been hustled have you? Seriously though. The preseason isn't about winning THAT game. It is about shaking off the rust, trying new things and get a final eyeball on personnel so you are best prepared for when the games really matter. I guarantee you will see a completely different Manning and Denver team in the Super bowl than what you watched "pre season".
                            Maybe, I just wonder why they pulled him. I thought it was to spare him anymore shame.

Comment

Maybe, I just wonder why they pulled him. I thought it was to spare him anymore shame.
                              We should all have the shame of being the starting QB in the Superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                              X