• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    And winning ugly beats losing ugly even more
    That goes without saying.

"If you ain't first, you're last."
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

"That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be second, third, fourth... hell you can even be fifth."
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

And Jesus said to Peter, "Come forth and I will give you eternal glory;" but Peter came fifth and won a toaster
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
          Hmmm...think you miscalculated that just a little. The score was just about the same as in the pre-season.

A very good thing you aint a betting man.

GO SEAHAWKS !! :Dancing-Banana:

And please, I do not want to hear anything about how they cheated their way to the Super Bowl win. They dominated Denver. End of story.
          Way to rub it in gently Julie :)
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            I called it 2 weeks ago. Not here, but elsewhere on the internet, that Seahawks would win.
            This comment is useless without proof
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I called it 2 weeks ago. Not here, but elsewhere on the internet, that Seahawks would win.

1. Peyton has been a dome QB all his life. He can't play in the cold. He beat a depleted Patriots team in Denver under fair weather conditions.

2. Offense gets the glory. Defense wins championships.

I still don't understand why Denver got rid of Tebow. It didn't matter how bad the guy was. He found a way to win, with a patchwork line up. I know winning is not everything. Winning is the ONLY thing. Winning ugly beats losing pretty any day of the week.
              I'm with you until the TEBOW part. Are you sure you are not Skip Bayless? All he does is WIN!

But Tebow's superbowl commercials are pretty darn good, I give you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                This comment is useless without proof
                It's on Calguns.net, offtopic section, can only see by logging in.

I could post a screenshot of my prediction dated Jan. 20th, 1242pm....

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                  I'm with you until the TEBOW part. Are you sure you are not Skip Bayless? All he does is WIN!

But Tebow's superbowl commercials are pretty darn good, I give you that.
                  I have no idea how good Tebow was as a QB. All I know is he took a decimated Broncos team to AFC championship game 2 years ago. Somehow, some way, he took the Broncos from out of nowhere to the playoffs. Not just into the playoffs, but deep into playoffs. Can't argue with results.

Maybe he got lucky. I don't know. But I think he was brought in to lose, not to win. Broncos wanted to rebuild. They needed to lose games to get good picks. He foiled the plan by winning. That's why he was let go after half a season.

Then New York brought him in to distract the fans from Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is a serviceable QB, but not someone who can win big games. Jets won with defense.

If I were the owner of a team desperate for QB, I would give Tebow a shot. Give him the team for one season to see what he can do. Where else would the team go? QBs who can win don't grow on trees. Need to think outside the box.

Comment

I have no idea how good Tebow was as a QB. All I know is he took a decimated Broncos team to AFC championship game 2 years ago. Somehow, some way, he took the Broncos from out of nowhere to the playoffs. Not just into the playoffs, but deep into playoffs. Can't argue with results.

Maybe he got lucky. I don't know. But I think he was brought in to lose, not to win. Broncos wanted to rebuild. They needed to lose games to get good picks. He foiled the plan by winning. That's why he was let go after half a season.

Then New York brought him in to distract the fans from Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is a serviceable QB, but not someone who can win big games. Jets won with defense.

If I were the owner of a team desperate for QB, I would give Tebow a shot. Give him the team for one season to see what he can do. Where else would the team go? QBs who can win don't grow on trees. Need to think outside the box.
                    Who's the Superbowl MVP? LB Smith.

QB doesn't win games by himself. Tebow was a horrible NFLQB. He was good in Florida because he could run against college defense. He never learnt to throw properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                      Way to rub it in gently Julie :)
                      Thank you ever so kindly sweetheart. :)

Comment

Originally posted by cdude View Post
                        Who's the Superbowl MVP? LB Smith.

QB doesn't win games by himself. Tebow was a horrible NFLQB. He was good in Florida because he could run against college defense. He never learnt to throw properly.
                        JaMarcus Russell has a cannon of an arm. Sugar Bowl MVP. Number 1 pick overall by the Raiders. Couldn't play football worth a damn in the NFL.

Alexandre Daigle, number 1 pick overall by the Ottawa Senators, couldn't play in the NHL.

Billy Beane, widely regarded as a 5-tool baseball player, couldn't play baseball.

And what is this "throw properly" thing? I don't care how, put the ball in the receivers' hands in a timely manner without getting picked off. That to me, is "throwing properly."

Maybe I'm results oriented. I don't care if it looks ugly. I don't care how. In the immortal words of Al Davis, "Just Win Baby."

Comment

JaMarcus Russell has a cannon of an arm. Sugar Bowl MVP. Number 1 pick overall by the Raiders. Couldn't play football worth a damn in the NFL.

Alexandre Daigle, number 1 pick overall by the Ottawa Senators, couldn't play in the NHL.

Billy Beane, widely regarded as a 5-tool baseball player, couldn't play baseball.

And what is this "throw properly" thing? I don't care how, put the ball in the receivers' hands in a timely manner without getting picked off. That to me, is "throwing properly."

Maybe I'm results oriented. I don't care if it looks ugly. I don't care how. In the immortal words of Al Davis, "Just Win Baby."
                          You need to check Tebow's completion rate. Dude cannot put the ball in WRs' hands. He lucked out during several games with a stellar defense and that's that.

Rex Grossman made it to the Superbowl once, didn't mean shit.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            I'd be stunned if they were able to even score 27 points. Away from their home base and against a top notch team they are not so invincible. Luck scored 34 points against them and didn't have the defense that Denver has.
                            So much fail in this prediction. The Seahawks were 2.5 pt underdogs and pulled the 3rd biggest gap in Superbowl history.

Comment

Seattle downtown was crammed with people today (and very very cold man .... eye and nose wateringly cold). The company pf my partners, the CEO declared a holiday midday so everyone could join the parade. It was good fun. TV crews everywhere and the universal human affliction of wanting to (a) get on TV; and (b) act like a buffoon when on it LOL. The light link rail to SeaTac for the first time actually made me feel like I was back home in a Mumbai local though.

Comment

Working...
                              X