Super Bowl XLVIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julie View Post
    Hmmm...think you miscalculated that just a little. The score was just about the same as in the pre-season.

A very good thing you aint a betting man.

GO SEAHAWKS !! :Dancing-Banana:

And please, I do not want to hear anything about how they cheated their way to the Super Bowl win. They dominated Denver. End of story.
    Seattle came to play. Denver was just happy to be there. Crow is in the oven.
    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
      "...You picked a horrible time to be in Seattle. If they win there will be riots and if they lose its going to get ugly."

They are a dark, morose bunch.

No doubt the miserable, wet weather...
      I blame the traffic. Way to many people living too close together.

Comment

OK, now can someone tell me how Denver managed to score in the 2nd half?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I already heard some people talk (at least in the first half) how the game had to have been fixed
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            I already heard some people talk (at least in the first half) how the game had to have been fixed
            Ask Julie. She got the winner and the total score right.:whome:

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

53's THE MIKE!!!
              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
              Mark Twain

Comment

what a disappointment!

i mean the commercials...but now that you mention it, the game as well.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  what a disappointment!

i mean the commercials...but now that you mention it, the game as well.
                  I was disappointed with the commercials as well. I really look forward to them. I was also very surprised with the MVP award.

This Super Bowl was definitely different all the way around.

Comment

I was disappointed with the commercials as well.
                    i liked the Turbotax, the Budweiser with Ah-nold, Kia's Laurence Fishburne/Matrix,...and that was about it. they really phoned it in this year.

too many artsy-fartsy commercials trying (and failing) to recreate the "Half Time in America" ad. disliked the kinda-exploitative Budweiser welcome-home Vet ad.

plus, nothing with Kate Upton. -500 points right there.
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                      plus, nothing with Kate Upton. -500 points right there.
                      Another -500 from me

I liked the Bud dog/horse best Buds ad. Kia was a bit too much, but OK. Nothing else.

Comment

They brought Scarlett Johansson instead
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                          They brought Scarlett Johansson instead
                          Wouldn't those two be great to have together…….. Don't we have a bachelor party coming up?

Comment

Yeah, in May.....

Comment

I called it 2 weeks ago. Not here, but elsewhere on the internet, that Seahawks would win.

1. Peyton has been a dome QB all his life. He can't play in the cold. He beat a depleted Patriots team in Denver under fair weather conditions.

2. Offense gets the glory. Defense wins championships.

I still don't understand why Denver got rid of Tebow. It didn't matter how bad the guy was. He found a way to win, with a patchwork line up. I know winning is not everything. Winning is the ONLY thing. Winning ugly beats losing pretty any day of the week.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

And winning ugly beats losing ugly even more

Comment

Working...
                                X