• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery houses across the US - Very cool

I thought this was really cool, and a good example of creativity

What's Inside This Mystery House In North Carolina? : The Two-Way : NPR

VIDEO: What's Inside This House On Wade Avenue? | WUNC

Excerpt
    From the outside, it's nothing special. Just another 1970s-era house with a landscaped yard, white columns, and green shutters. Thousands of people drive past the split-level on Wade Avenue in Raleigh every month, without a second glance.

And that's just what its owners intended — because this house is far more unusual than its appearance would suggest.

A close look at this house at 3215 Wade Ave. in Raleigh, N.C., suggests not all is as it seems. There isn't a driveway, for instance, and there's no walkway to the front door.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

That was very cool!!.

Comment

My fence company has put fence around alot of pump stations here, and I've never seen one disguised as this. Awesome.

Comment

Come to New England- I know of a couple of pump stations in the Wellesley area that look a little like that. But the first thing I thought of was an historical house in Minuteman National Historic Park. The Job Brooks House is an 18th century house restored on the outside but when you look closer, you'll see the windows are like the windows of the house in the video. The inside is covered by boards painted to be hard to notice, the front door is not functional either. The effect is to make the building tightly sealed for climate control, for in fact it is used as an archive for Minuteman National Historic Park.

It is a very interesting take if you can manage to get the opportunity to look around in there and you have an interest in material history. It is not normally open to the public, but I used to be a volunteer historical interpreter and was allowed to go in there and do some research.
        Attached Files

Comment

The best one for me was the one disguised as the Greek Temple.

Makes me wonder, if local munis would go to this length for utility constructions, how would the Fed Govt. hide the realy secret stuff that don't want the baddies to know.

I would speculate but I am sure that would get the NSA on me :scared:
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

I know of several brick houses in upscale neighborhoods in Washington that house electrical transformers. For those who know the town, there's one on Ward Circle at the MD line.
            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Working...
            X