Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satan is a God now?
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      Satan is a God now?
      Not mine no, nor Yaweh. However,
      Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      The clearest early reference is the book of Job in which he is referred to as one of the sons of god.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Satan is a God now?
        Disgruntled ex-employee.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Satan is a God now?
          Archangel, I think. technically ex-archandel.

Bigfella nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Worley View Post
            Archangel, I think. technically ex-archandel.

Bigfella nailed it.
            Me being ignorant on this subject thought I have missed something all these years.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
              Which buildings?

Where is praying in public school mandatory these days? The Supreme Court ruled that payer in public school is permitted so long as the prayer is not composed by an official body. Today, some schools make time for prayer, but each student prays silently according to his own religious beliefs or not at all.

There is no denial of teaching evolution in public schools. The controversy is over whether to teach creationism alongside evolution.

Nativity scenes on public property is a sticky wicket, but nowadays it's considered ok as long as every other 'religion' can do their own thing on their major holidays. The atheists have been doing a bang up job of putting up anti-Christian displays at Christmas time. Rather bad taste, IMO. After all, they could put up something a bit more positive, like a display representing the Big Bang theory.

What are your thoughts on paid chaplains in the the military?

And BTW, ease up a bit on the expletives. A little is ok, but too much sh*t becomes a distraction.
              I distinctly remember having to pray in public schools as a kid. I know evolution was taken out of Kansas public schools curriculum for at least 2 years before being reintroduced with the caveat that creationism had to be given a fair shot. That's just ludicrous to me. One side has mountains of evidence to support it with a solid 95% of the scientific community supporting it. The other is derived from the sayings of a fairy book and we have to even consider presenting them as equals. Yeah, I'd say that's preferential treatment. As for the buildings, almost every public school or every courthouse I've been to in my home state(Kansas) I've seen scripture of some sort adorning it somewhere.

I think chaplains have a place in the military because there are religious people in the military that may want spiritual guidance, especially in a war zone. Chaplains do more than provide a spiritual service also.

The expletives were to emphasize points, and since "assholery" had been used in post I referenced, I used it a lot to drive home a point. Noted though.
              Last edited by Brinktk; 09 Jan 14,, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinktk View Post
                What do you mean when you say "legitimacy"?

It doesn't matter who or how many people follow Christianity, it shouldn't get a rubber stamp of approval in dealing with the government. Bible scriptures on government buildings paid for by the taxpayers, prayer in school, denial of the teaching of evolution in public schools, nativity scenes displayed on government property or public parks, etc are all small examples of Christians getting a free pass and preferential treatment by local, state, and federal government. It's wrong and unconstitutional period. I don't give a shit if people thinks it's "assholish". Just like I think it is assholish that I can't punch the people from the Westboro baptist church in the face legally...doesn't change the fact that their right to be classless pieces of shit is absolutely of the utmost importance. That's the great thing about America, I can say stuff that makes people uncomfortable. I can do things that make people uncomfortable. I can shout my views to the end of the earth and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it except shout their views back. At the end of the day, when the sheep have allowed groupthink to completely take over, and almost all the people are nothing but uneducated, uncaring, unknowing drones, my willingness to say those uncomfortable assholish things may be what is needed to rid us of the tyranny that will surely follow that scenario.

I don't cater to groupthink or good ole boys club. I don't care if it is your religion.

I'M just sayin
                I think your missing the point, the point is a statue of satan adorned with children (as shown) should certainly not be entitled by virtue of rights to be displayed in front of a capital building.

To me its just wrong, but I can almost garentee for certain it wont ever make it and even if it dioes it wont be there for very long. And although I wouldnt condone it, it would probably be smashed within days by the god fearing people.

You might as well just put a statue of Hitler there, both evil to the core and both resented by the majority of humanity. IMO except for the idiots.

You speak about Rights, Rights removed the state flag from South Carolina capital (The Confederate Flag) under the NAACP assumption that it was a symbol of slavery and oppression. That is a flag, a flag of the Southern Confederacy. It was removed oweing to the common good of the State and the civil virtues of the people of that state.

The same thing just happened in Florida, where they just changed the name of a southern confederate general and co founder of the KKK high school Nathan B. Forrest because they found it inappropriate. It was changed to Westside High School. Oweing to common good and civil virtues. The vote was unamious.

Florida school will drop Confederate Nathan B. Forrest's name - CNN.com

Now do you think these same kind of people are going to allow a statue of satan adorned with children to be put in front of a capital building?

Thats not racism, but it does indeed strike a chord with all of the god fearing religions. And what will happen? It wont be there due to the common good and civil virtues.

Like I mentioned, garentee it dont happen and if it does it wont last long, especially if they bring a vote to the people. Those that are residents and those that pay taxes.

Bet the god fearing people by far outweigh the idiots.

Rights scarcely win out when confronted with the common good and civil virtues. Ask any protester that has ever been dragged off to the pokey for stiring the locals over something that could cause riots.

And just so you know Im not a "good old boy" nor do I care for their views. Nor am I a groupie.

Just Sayin.
                Last edited by Dreadnought; 09 Jan 14,, 17:12.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Satan is a God now?
                  More properly, Satan is a god (note the small g)

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Disgruntled ex-employee.
                  I like that one even better!
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Brinktk View Post
                    I distinctly remember having to pray in public schools as a kid. I know evolution was taken out of Kansas public schools curriculum for at least 2 years before being reintroduced with the caveat that creationism had to be given a fair shot. That's just ludicrous to me.
                    Agree, but that was in the past.

As for the buildings, almost every public school or every courthouse I've been to in my home state(Kansas) I've seen scripture of some sort adorning it somewhere.
                    The Constitution says only this regarding religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..." That seems pretty clear cut to me--'Congress', 'law'--but the Supreme Court has expanded that to cover expressions of religion in public places. I rather agree with the court, but it seems to me the court went beyond the intent of the framers of the Constitution. Clearly, the framers' fear was much bigger than today's petty objections to inscriptions on buildings. They saw living examples of how government sanction of one religion over another suffocated individual liberty, most notably the mother country's creation and sanction of the Church of England and the suffocating theocracy of Muslim countries. That's what they wanted to prohibit.

I think chaplains have a place in the military because there are religious people in the military that may want spiritual guidance, especially in a war zone.
                    I agree. Yet the debate over the constitutionality of it goes back a long way. And interestingly, some of the biggest opponents were religious groups. The whole story is laid out in this interesting tract. http://www.wcl.american.edu/journal/...4/herrmann.pdf

The expletives were to emphasize points, and since "assholery" had been used in post I referenced, I used it a lot to drive home a point. Noted though.
                    Fair enough. Just remember your posts roam the net.
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

From their home page:

Oklahoma City is a religiously diverse community with large congregations in most religions. Recent stats show that 66 percent of Oklahoma City residents are affiliated with a religious congregation. Of that group, 40 percent identify themselves as Baptist, 36 percent as other, 14 percent as Methodist and 10 percent as Catholic. OKC's cultural and ethnic diversity is also evident in the area's religious landscape, as Oklahoma City has several Jewish temples and synagogues, Buddhist temples and centers, a Hindu temple and a mosque. Whether you're spiritual or not, you will definitely find the practice that matches your particular preaching in Oklahoma City.

Religion - Oklahoma City - A Better Life

Good luck in your quest of Rights facing religious affliations with those numbers. A moron can see it wont happen if givin the vote of the people. They may not want the Ten Commandments there (ACLU) but apparently its still there. And if they dont want that what in the world would lead you to believe that would want a satan statue there.

Especially considering the fact that State Legislators are already telling them its not going to happen.

They represent the people, the people in the Bible belts buckle.

I would bet the farm saying its not going to happen.

Do they belong to your "good ole boys" club too?
                      Last edited by Dreadnought; 09 Jan 14,, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        Bet the god fearing people by far outweigh the idiots.
                        You keep using God fearing people. I always thought they are God-admiring or God-loving people.

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                        ...Im not a "good old boy" ...
                        You are not good, old or a boy?:red:

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                        More properly, Satan is a god (note the small g)
                        Never thought of him that way.

Speaking of which I never heard a discussion how the Satan is a member of some the rights-seeking groups (LGBT, Blacks, Asians, Women or even Vegans)

I like that one even better!
                        Same here.

Comment

You keep using God fearing people. I always thought they are God-admiring or God-loving people.

You are not good, old or a boy?:red:

Never thought of him that way.

Speaking of which I never heard a discussion how the Satan is a member of some the rights-seeking groups (LGBT, Blacks, Asians, Women or even Vegans)

Same here.
                          Dok, smartass, I think you know the answers but I appreciate the ribbing.;)

Comment

Satan is a God now?
                            Immortal, supernatural being who is going to kick your ass if you do not kowtow to him. Isn't that what gods are supposed to be
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                              Immortal, supernatural being who is going to kick your ass if you do not kowtow to him. Isn't that what gods are supposed to be
                              Now I regret not taking the Mythology class back in college. That would have taught me to distinguish between divine and supernatural, at least.

Comment

I agree that the statue should not be erected. Nor should ANY other religions statue, creeds, verses, etc. Theocracy starts with the little things.

Also, you're representing the Satan from your predisposition based off of your beliefs and learning. Perhaps the followers of this group don't see it that way. Perhaps their dogma is different than one that is popularly represented in Christian dogma. The fact of the matter is that it IS religious in nature and shouldn't ever be considered in the first place. It's no different than if a Mosque donates a large slab of quotes from the Qur'an adorned at the state capital or a Buddhist statue is erected on the lawns of the capital building and that establishment allows it to adorn their facility, at that point it becomes an endorsement. Once that can of worms is opened, then it's very hard to close. Keep government doing government things and religious practice or homage kept to their respective places of worship.

The constitution wasn't intended to be a platform for the majority to impose their will on the minority arbitrarily. That's why prayer has been taken out of school, and evolution has been allowed to come back into the classroom. (mostly with the caveat in some instances of creationism must be offered alongside it) They were deemed unconstitutional even though there were laws on the books that allowed this to be legally practiced at one time. Once their unconstitutional nature was reviewed and established, those laws were rescinded. Biblical scriptures on any government building or property is at the least an unofficial and at the worst an official endorsement of Christianity by that local, state, or federal government body. I wouldn't consider the objection at that point as being petty.

Again, keep it ALL out of government and this all becomes moot.

Comment

Working...
                                X