No announcement yet.

Satanists unveil design for statehouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An interesting note on "In God We Trust". I know this church well.

Newsletter

Where "In God We Trust" was coined and first appeared on American currency during the latter part of The Civil War.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 09 Jan 14,, 19:01.
    Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      You keep using God fearing people. I always thought they are God-admiring or God-loving people.
      Maybe he meant non-believers. As in "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him."

God fearing. See?

I'm happy to help ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
        Now I regret not taking the Mythology class back in college. That would have taught me to distinguish between divine and supernatural, at least.
        And how do you define the divine, exactly?
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Worley View Post
          Maybe he meant non-believers. As in "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of Him."

God fearing. See?

I'm happy to help ;)
          Its more fear out of respect for the creator.;)

Most religions including the American Indians knew there was a greater force in the universe then just what they called the white mans god. They sang and danced and sought this beings intercession to bring them weather for farming, guidance, good hunting and strength in war.

The animals that roamed the earth, flew in the skies, swam in the waters etc.
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 09 Jan 14,, 19:09.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
            Immortal, supernatural being who is going to kick your ass if you do not kowtow to him. Isn't that what gods are supposed to be
            He got his ass kicked once and was bounced, so he aint god.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post

Most religions including the American Indians knew there was a greater force in the universe then just what they called the white mans god. They sang and danced and sought this beings intercession to bring them weather for farming, guidance, good hunting and strength in war.

I always found it fascinating that the Ami Indians seemed to be of a "We know there's something, but not sure what, although whatever it is is bigger than us" mindset.

I think the world would be better off if we weren't so insistent on the minutia separating our religions and just realized none of us really know.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                And how do you define the divine, exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  RW

Now evolved and omnipresent.
                  Attached Files
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

He got his ass kicked once and was bounced, so he aint god.
                    Again, which god?

The Norse, Greek, Roman and Hindu gods (the regular ones, not the Hindu Trinity) get their hineys kicked on a regular basis. Dread terms the first three as "mythology" and the last one as an "ancient religion, even before Christianity" but there is not real difference between them and the Greek and Hindu pantheons are strikingly similar.

Coming to Abrahamic religions - we have one god who is basically an angry guy quite into punishment and murder, including killing children and another just loving god who will make your life miserable forever if you do not give him adequate respect.

I don't really see a good role model anywhere.
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35074[/ATTACH]

Now evolved and omnipresent.
                      Uhm, there are a couple of reasons (maybe more, but two of them are staring me in the face) as to why I would not notice how she has aged

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post

All in an insignificant speck of dust floating in the unfashionable parts of the great cosmos, governed by laws over which we have no control, however much we may pray.

Even if there is a supreme being, I really do not see how anything we do, including how we live our lives, what we eat and who we bone would be of any concern to this being. Hence, no real need of any religion. Just be good to others and you should be fine.

Comment

Several things I felt were worth mentioning:

*Satan didnt create anything but lies and temptation. All holy books (Bible, Koran, Tora etc) would readily back that fact beyond dispute.

*Pasta didnt create nature nor did Satan or any other being other then GOD himself.
                          If possible, I'd like to respond to both of Dreadnought's points, in two consecutive posts.

The first post is an Open Letter To the Kansas School Board, and is how Pastafarianism got started.

Open Letter To Kansas School Board
                          I am writing you with much concern after having read of your hearing to decide whether the alternative theory of Intelligent Design should be taught along with the theory of Evolution. I think we can all agree that it is important for students to hear multiple viewpoints so they can choose for themselves the theory that makes the most sense to them. I am concerned, however, that students will only hear one theory of Intelligent Design.

Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. It was He who created all that we see and all that we feel. We feel strongly that the overwhelming scientific evidence pointing towards evolutionary processes is nothing but a coincidence, put in place by Him.

It is for this reason that I’m writing you today, to formally request that this alternative theory be taught in your schools, along with the other two theories. In fact, I will go so far as to say, if you do not agree to do this, we will be forced to proceed with legal action. I’m sure you see where we are coming from. If the Intelligent Design theory is not based on faith, but instead another scientific theory, as is claimed, then you must also allow our theory to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over 10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence.

What these people don’t understand is that He built the world to make us think the earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with ease.

I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don’t.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35077[/ATTACH]

In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to hear our views and beliefs. I hope I was able to convey the importance of teaching this theory to your students. We will of course be able to train the teachers in this alternate theory. I am eagerly awaiting your response, and hope dearly that no legal action will need to be taken. I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (Pastafarianism), and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Sincerely Yours,

Bobby Henderson, concerned citizen.

P.S. I have included an artistic drawing of Him creating a mountain, trees, and a midget. Remember, we are all His creatures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35076[/ATTACH]
                          I know you're aware of the fact that Pastafarianism is satire, but still, I think it is important to read the letter that started it all, if only to critique it properly. Upon reading the letter, you'll see why Pastafarianism actually has as much validity as any other religion. You may not agree with it, but that doesn't make it wrong.
                          Attached Files
                          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The second post is in response to your misgivings regarding Satanism. I'd like to please redirect you towards the tenets of LaVeyan Satanism, one of the widest ranging and most popular (if you would) variations of Satanism being practiced today.

Following are the Nine Satanic Statements, Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, and the Nine Satanic Sins, which, despite their grandiose and bombastic names, are actually quite down to the earth, and one might even say, far more reasonable than the laws and commandments passed down by any God you may or may not choose to believe in.

The Nine Satanic Statements
                            1) Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
                            2) Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
                            3) Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
                            4) Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
                            5) Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
                            6) Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
                            7) Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
                            8) Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
                            9) Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
                            1) Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
                            2) Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
                            3) When in another's lair, show them respect or else do not go there.
                            4) If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
                            5) Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
                            6) Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
                            7) Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
                            8) Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
                            9) Do not harm young children.
                            10) Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
                            11) When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

The Nine Satanic Sins
                            1) Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins, the Cardinal Sin. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. One must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
                            2) Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
                            3) Solipsism—Can be very dangerous. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, one must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
                            4) Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
                            5) Herd Conformity- it’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
                            6) Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
                            7) Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
                            8) Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
                            9) Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
                            Now, let's be entirely honest with each other: How many of the things listed above do you practice in your day to day life anyway, just because you were taught well by your parents?
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Worley View Post
                              I always found it fascinating that the Ami Indians seemed to be of a "We know there's something, but not sure what, although whatever it is is bigger than us" mindset.

I think the world would be better off if we weren't so insistent on the minutia separating our religions and just realized none of us really know.
                              I love that. Of course, you do know that someone will come along and say " but "I" know" and then it goes downhill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                                Now, let's be entirely honest with each other: How many of the things listed above do you practice in your day to day life anyway, just because you were taught well by your parents?
                                Another one I love. Compare it to the Ten Commandments and the difference is striking. Actually the Ten Commandments aren't bad if you limit yourself to the last six. It is the first three Commandments that really set the tone. If God were truly all love and kindness then why are those first three needed? In my opinion they are needed, and put in, so a mortal man/men can control their flock and act as though they are doing the Lord's will. Just a little more subtle than the Rev. Jim Jones telling all his followers, who believe in him, that they need to drink the Kool-Aid.

Comment

Working...
                                X