Outrageous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
    Unlimited human prey to be assaulted, abused, and then jettisoned like garbage. What can one say beyond... A shameful situation.
    The system cannot protect everybody.

To protect everybody requires funds which we cannot generate enough.

In the ideal case she would have been given police protection. Where is that to come from.

I have to ask whether it was established that she was raped. She could have been facing a death threat for other reasons.

Two suspects thus far - Ratan Sil and Minta Sil - have been charged with rape and murder. They were landlords of the family and are said to have connections to the West Bengal TMC Government. Four others involved in the two gang-rapes of the girl are in custody.
    I'll believe the first part. They have the means.

The second one is going to take more time to establish.

Having connections is not the same as being involved in politics, that's a flat lout lose for anybody that isn't in the same league.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Jan 14,, 01:50.

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
      Six (at least) third world rapists will beat your typical sixteen year old girl - even with a few hours of self defense. classes.
      I'm not talking about self defence classes. The only self defence class of worth is situational awareness but if you're caught like this girl, you have two choices, fight with what you got - rocks, sticks, anything ... or open your legs.

Comment

I'm not talking about self defence classes. The only self defence class of worth is situational awareness but if you're caught like this girl, you have two choices, fight with what you got - rocks, sticks, anything ... or open your legs.
        Short of alarming an angry pitchfork carrying mob she at their mercy. Though looking at how helpful the police/non-Gurkha bystanders seem to be in these stories I doubt the pitchfork carrying mob will help her out.

As for situational awareness - I spend a lot of time in the third world and that's all one has most of the time.
        Last edited by troung; 08 Jan 14,, 04:38.
        To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Short of alarming an angry pitchfork carrying mob she at their mercy.
          How about a father with an AK-47? In case you've forgotten, I am a father of a baby girl and I have an aresnal.

Though looking at how helpful the police/non-Gurkha bystanders seem to be in these stories I doubt the pitchfork carrying mob will help her out.
          They did not stop the rape and they will not stop my vengenace.

Comment

The only reason I have not commented on this thread is because such incidents make me sick and full of rage.
            There is only one person to blame for lawlessness in Bengal and that is the Chief Minister - the people got the change that they wanted. Now Bengal has the same mafia raj as UP.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

How about a father with an AK-47? In case you've forgotten, I am a father of a baby girl and I have an aresnal.
              We are not discussing a retired Canadian military officer with a weapon - but the developing world.

Great if the third world dad has an AK-47, is nearby to the scene of the crime and is armed at the time, and decides to use it on the mob. Though heavily armed fathers within earshot seem to be scarce in these stories.
              To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                The only reason I have not commented on this thread is because such incidents make me sick and full of rage.
                Thank you, Captain, for sharing your rage. I cannot believe that there are fathers in India who would not avenge their daughters, THE LAW BE DAMNED!!!

Comment

Great if the third world dad has an AK-47, is nearby to the scene of the crime and is armed at the time, and decides to use it on the mob. Though heavily armed fathers within earshot seem to be scarce in these stories.
                  Are you serious, Troung. Are you freaking serious? You who advocate throwing stupid teachers to the wolves are now saying do nothing to girls being raped?

No one deserves to be raped. No one.

FUCK YOU!
                  Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 08 Jan 14,, 06:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    But i suspect its the leading reason as to why the cops delay to register rape cases to begin with. Can the victim protect herself from the aftermath or not cause the state cannot do it.
                    Nothing short of negligence of duty. Especially considering how many girls commit suicide out of shame or coercion by the perpetrators. Cops are anything but benevolent in such instances.

If there isn't that much of a mismatch between perp & victim the case does get registered and acted upon. In villages, if the elders decide to act the rapist could get lynched without the cops even getting involved. Jungle justice takes over.
                    When the victim and perps are both poor, cops either will let panchayats (village councils) do their thing, or the cops will act themselves if it isn't too much trouble. No one gives a damn about the poor.

When the victim is poor and the perps are rich or powerful, the cops won't do anything because it's too much trouble; especially since the cops themselves will get coerced by the mafias (business, underground or political). The lower level officers themselves are not sure if their bosses aren't already compromised and bought out. The police being in firm control of the politicians also exacerbates this problem. This results in a system where no one wants to rock the boat and act firmly against the perps.
                    Last edited by Tronic; 08 Jan 14,, 05:34.
                    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Yes it can. The police is being freaking lazy. In the old days, protection means jail. You want police protection, you stay in the jail though the bars are unlocked and you come and go as you please ... just don't step outside of the jail.

It is obvious that even this little cheap scenario was not offerred to the little girl.

Comment

The first and foremost duty of any state is to protect her citizens from harm both within and without her borders.

To protect everybody requires funds which we cannot generate enough.
                        You can generate enough funds to engage mujaheddin in Kashmir but not enough to develop the means to protect mothers, daughters, sisters, wives?

Something is terribly wrong in your state and society.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                          Why ? on this board were we discuss conflict that involves organised & systematic killing of people do you lose the plot when the subject of rape come up. You're not the only one. If there's one topic that gets the goat of people here its the subject of rape. Anything else is fine, but not rape.

How are we to have a rational and informed discussion on the subject then. It's the same story if i discuss with some women in my family. They become borderline hysterical.

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Yes it can. The police is being freaking lazy. In the old days, protection means jail. You want police protection, you stay in the jail though the bars are unlocked and you come and go as you please ... just don't step outside of the jail.

It is obvious that even this little cheap scenario was not offerred to the little girl.
                          I wanted to suggest this earlier but the concept of protective custody needs to be defined first. As does witness protection.

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          Nothing short of negligence of duty. Especially considering how many girls commit suicide out of shame or coercion by the perpetrators. Cops are anything but benevolent in such instances.
                          How free are the cops to act out of their own will in India ?

Because it seems to be if they do their job some politician is going to pull them up. If they don't well its the same story.

If the victim cannot be protected in the first instance then nothing more can be done. If we are unwilling to accept this then what can feasibly be done.

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          When the victim and perps are both poor, cops either will let panchayats (village councils) do their thing, or the cops will act themselves if it isn't too much trouble. No one gives a damn about the poor.

When the victim is poor and the perps are rich or powerful, the cops won't do anything because it's too much trouble; especially since the cops themselves will get coerced by the mafias (business, underground or political). The lower level officers themselves are not sure if their bosses aren't already compromised and bought out. The police being in firm control of the politicians also exacerbates this problem. This results in a system where no one wants to rock the boat and act firmly against the perps.
                          And there you have it. Law & order is a state subject which is zealously guarded.

Take terrorism, after 26/11 the home minister had a simple 3 step formula. An intel agency, a unit to go after terrorists in a pro-active manner and finally an investigative agency. The states shot down options 1 & 2 and all we are left with is what we can do after the fact.

Preventative action is not what we do or is something we do badly. More people have to die or rather keep on dying for things to change.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Jan 14,, 15:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                            A COLT 45 is a fantastic equalizer.
                            Or Sir, a .45 Derringer for those upclose and personel moments.;)
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

The first and foremost duty of any state is to protect her citizens from harm both within and without her borders.
                              We do better with big problems than silent ones. External threats over internal.

The term pre-emptive does not exist in our vocabulary.

You can generate enough funds to engage mujaheddin in Kashmir but not enough to develop the means to protect (some) mothers, daughters, sisters, wives?

Something is terribly wrong in your state and society.
                              Emphasis mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                                Or Sir, a .45 Derringer for those upclose and personel moments.;)
                                As stated before, however - the vicitm in this case was poor, and probably wouldn't be able to afford one. And a derringer in .45 is a handful for a man - not that this would be a range qualifying evet.

Maybe re-tool up the old .45 Liberator that was (or was supposed to be?) dropped in Occupied France for the Resistance. Give these to the girls like crackerjack prizes.

My favorite article Girls Just Wanna Have Guns - Doug Giles - Page full
                                "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Working...
                                X