X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Vacuum in Middle East Lifts Militants

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
      Maybe there's not much the west can do anyways. Anything we do only ever delays the inevitable so maybe its time for the locals to put on their big boy pants and deal with their own issues.
      So, you want Saddam back? Too late.

All western politicians can do now is to leave Assad alone to do the dirty job for them.
      Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
        So, you want Saddam back? Too late.
        Good effort at putting words in my mouth.

What I'm saying is enough blood and treasure has been wasted in Iraq. It's up to the natives now to fight their own wars. The side that wants it more will be the side that wins it and the west should have as little to do with it as possible.
        The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

Refusing to deal with an issue is not dealing with an issue. Isn't Al Queda a known and declared enemy of the entire western world? Are they not growing stronger by the week essentially creating an autonomous region ranging from Abu Ghurab all the way to the heart of Syria? I'm all for letting the locals fight them, I'm also all for limiting the influence of AQ (and their like Sunni Extremist networks) as much as humanly possible. Does that mean another operation Phantom Fury..no. It does mean giving the ISF access to some of our resources like SIGINT, HUMINT, UAV, and any other resources we could share with them to facilitate a move towards stabilization. It also means allowing SOF forces to strike targets of high value to undermine the strength of the insurgents following. Those tribes in Western Iraq are tough as nails and they aren't going to lay down. But a protracted conflict could bring the entire region into a much larger regional conflict. We need to take care of this, and we need to do it NOW!

Comment

I can certainly relate to the article. Of course, I do cringe every time I read about Fallujah, and they say things like "the Marines took the city with some help from the Army" almost as an afterthought. I'm afraid al Anbar will become the "Pacific theater" or "I Corps" of the Iraq war where it seems the Marine Corps has a monopoly on all the fighting. I give shit to the jarheads for being propagandists...and in a lot of the cases it's seems to hold begrudgingly true, much to my chagrin. Oh well...

I got on duffel blog yesterday and they had an article about two former Marines who are trying to go back to Iraq in order to take back the city. It was completely satirical and also totally hilarious...but I found myself saying, "I wouldn't mind doing that myself!"

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
              GThe side that wants it more will be the side that wins it and the west should have as little to do with it as possible.
              And how is it different from pre-2003 Iraq?
              Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NUS View Post
                And how is it different from pre-2003 Iraq?
                They were not the Leader of Iraq that invaded another country, namely Kuwait. All are criminals but that fact remains.
                Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Brinktk View Post
                  I got on duffel blog yesterday and they had an article about two former Marines who are trying to go back to Iraq in order to take back the city. It was completely satirical and also totally hilarious...but I found myself saying, "I wouldn't mind doing that myself!"
                  Your job is done there. If you really want the people of Fallujah to be their own men and women best thing is to teach them how to fish, not to give them fish every time they are hungry.
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    Your job is done there. If you really want the people of Fallujah to be their own men and women best thing is to teach them how to fish, not to give them fish every time they are hungry.
                    I know, nostalgia got the best of me...

Comment

Working...
                    X