X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Playoffs

Wild Card Round - My picks in bold.

Saturday January 4

Kansas City @ Indianapolis (4:35 p.m. EST / NBC)

New Orleans @ Philadelphia (8:10 p.m. EST / NBC)

Sunday January 5

San Diego @ Cincinnati (1:05 p.m. EST / CBS)

San Francisco @ Green Bay (4:40 p.m. EST / Fox)
    sigpic

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post

Saturday January 4

Sunday January 5

I think the point spread for the SF-Green Bay game is down to one point, it's gonna be close . . . . .
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

It's gonna be stupid cold.

Daytime high in Green Bay for Sunday will be +7F. By the time this game starts it will be well past that. Overnight lows Sunday-Monday will be -20F.

Wild horses couldn't get me to that game. It will be dangerous to play and dangerous to even be sitting there.
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Saturday January 4

Sunday January 5

Kansas City vs. Indy I call a toss up. KC has slowed down in the second half and if Luck has a good game then the Colts win at home.

New Orleans vs. Philadelphia I'll go with N.O. and Drew Brees as he is clearly a much better quarterback and that is what you need in the playoffs to stand a chance.

San Diego vs. Cincinnati. Was once a Charger fan in the late 70's due to Don Coryell who was also coach of SDSU and Dan Fouts. Yet I will go with Cincinnati.

49ers vs Packers. Ugh! Have been a 49er fan since the day Bill Walsh started after 2 years at Stanford and 1 year with the Chargers. The game temperature is an issue for both teams. The Packers very rarely play any games in temps this low when you look back over history since you need to get into January playoffs at a minimum. So I call 0 degrees a negative for both. Comes down to what kind of game Rogers has versus what kind of game Greg Roman calls. This game looks too close to call with the temperatures being the wildcard for both teams. Personally if at below 0 temperatures the game should be postponed. Rain isn't dangerous, snow isn't dangerous but below zero temps are.

Comment

Been a Packer fan since 1965 and love cold-weather football but I concur. This game will be really dangerous for all concerned. NOTHING can prepare you for that kind of cold. We've had a few really bad weather games of late. Think the Giant-Packer playoff in 2007 was not good. Very cold but not quite this bad. This may exceed the 1967 Ice Bowl.
          "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
            NOTHING can prepare you for that kind of cold.
            Ukraine can ;)

AccuWeather says Lambeau could be -5° at game time (-51 degrees wind chill).
            sigpic

Comment

Ukraine can ;)

AccuWeather says Lambeau could be -5° at game time (-51 degrees wind chill).

Mmmmm,

http://ftp.rta.nato.int/public/PubFu.../MP-076-28.pdf

NWS Wind Chill Index

However, if it is that cold then running and stopping the run are going to be even more important. That would put the advantage towards the 49ers run offense and run stopping defense.
              Last edited by tbm3fan; 04 Jan 14,, 00:40.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                Mmmmm,

http://ftp.rta.nato.int/public/PubFu.../MP-076-28.pdf

NWS Wind Chill Index

However, if it is that cold then running and stopping the run are going to be even more important. That would put the advantage towards the 49ers run offense and run stopping defense.
                Go, Gore!
                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Al Gore and global warming can't save the Niners.

Oh! You mean FRANK Gore. Gotcha. Yeah, this promises to be a game with a whole lot of umpah lumpahs waddling around.

Comment

We will get an additional 5" of snow today (on top of the 17" since New Years). Temps will plunge below 0° tonight and are expected to remain the negative until Wednesday. I imagine it will be just as frigid in Green Bay and probably worse. In wind-chills of -40° F, exposed skin can freeze in 5 minutes or less. Frostbite and hypothermia will be very real dangers at Lambeau Field.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yet in today's papers we have linemen deciding whether or not they are going to wear sleeves for the game. Some say if you do it is a signal that you are soft. I know not wearing them is a signal you are dumber than dumb.

Comment

Go patriots!!!!!!
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
                          It's gonna be stupid cold.

Daytime high in Green Bay for Sunday will be +7F. By the time this game starts it will be well past that. Overnight lows Sunday-Monday will be -20F.

Wild horses couldn't get me to that game. It will be dangerous to play and dangerous to even be sitting there.
                          I was at a December game about 10 years ago. It was -5 for that game.

I was dressed warmly with heating pads stuffed in my boots. As tight as everyone is shoehorned in that stadium it really wasn't that bad. A continuous supply of hot chocolate also helped.

I heard they're giving away free hot chocolate and heating pads for this one. I was tempted, but don't even want to get dressed tomorrow.

Ed-

Comment

So people are paying how much for the frostbite and hypothermic experience? I know its sacrilege for the fans but Green Bay needs to have a dome.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The Colts defeat the Chiefs 45-44 in one of the greatest playoff comeback wins ever.

The Saints beat the Eagles 26-24 on last-play field goal.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X