• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waking up ????

Formula 1 - Schumacher's wakening

Comment

Come on Shumi ....

Comment

Tankie, doctors have given up efforts to pull Shumi out of coma man. :( Seems there were some "setbacks" and now the news is that they have called off efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
          Tankie, doctors have given up efforts to pull Shumi out of coma man. :( Seems there were some "setbacks" and now the news is that they have called off efforts.
          Cheers , I have not seen any news on this as yet ?

edit , doesnt look at all good .

NEWS

FRONT PAGE
          NEWS
          SPORT
          3AM
          TV
          LIFESTYLE
          MONEY
          PLAY
          OPINION

Home
          News World news Michael Schumacher ski accident
          Michael Schumacher latest news: 'Doctors abandon attempts to bring F1 legend out of artificial coma after setbacks'
          Feb 24, 2014 10:01 By Don Mackay 5 Comments
          1147 Shares
          Tweet
          +1
          Email
          The slow waking-up process of the seven-times world champion was put on hold last week, according to German magazine Focus

GettyComa: Schumacher
          Doctors have abandoned their attempts to bring F1 legend Michael Schumacher out of his artificial coma following setbacks, it was reported today.

The slow waking-up process of the seven-times world champion was put on hold last week, according to German magazine Focus, said to be close to Schumacher's inner circle.

Schumacher has been in the medically-induced coma since his Christmas skiing accident at the University Hospital of Grenoble in France after seriously injuring his head during a low-speed ski accident the same day.

Doctors announced three weeks ago they were reducing the anaesthetic keeping him under to slowly bring him around.

The latest feared setback came only days after former team-mate Felippe Massa revealed he had visited Schumacher in hospital and spoken to him.

Brazilian Massa said: "He was sleeping, and I was very positive because he was normal. He also gave some reactions with the mouth and everything.

“It looked very positive. We need to believe. He’s a very strong man, a great man and I really hope he can wake up and enjoy life again.”

Massa had visited his friend before heading off for F1 testing in Bahrain. He added: “I was happy to be with him for a long time. I told him everything... about my car, my new team. I told him to wake up many times.”

Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm confirmed last month the injured dad-of-two had begun the waking up process but refused to put a timescale on any recovery.

But now according to Focus, the attempt at recovery has been halted because of "complications" but the details have not been revealed.

Official news about Schumacher's condition is scant with the family preferring only to issue the briefest of bulletins every few weeks.

The latest claim will only add to the concerns of fans worldwide the severity of his brain trauma is causing experts concern every step of the way on his torturous road to recovery.

Focus said the recovery phase is back on ice and Schumacher is once again medicated to keep him under.

Schumacher, 45, was put in the coma because his brain injury was so severe doctors needed to suppress its normal functions to allow it to operate at low-speed and, hopefully, recover more quickly.

Doctors may have decided to break off his awakening for a variety of reasons, including reduced blood flow, a new infection or signals that the drugs lying in the fatty tissue of his body were not shifting as fast as they would have hoped.

Just a fortnight ago he contracted, and fought off, a bout of mild pneumonia contracted through the breathing tubes keeping him alive.

His wife Corinna, 44, and teenage children Gina-Marie, 16, and 14-year-old Mick are constantly at his bedside, talking to him throughout the day when he is massaged, turned and cleaned while hooked up to a bank of machines keeping him alive.

They are said to be deeply troubled at the latest turn of events.
          Last edited by tankie; 24 Feb 14,, 16:56.

Comment

Poor chap man. I am thinking of Wayne Rainey. This type of thing must really be the ultimate ironic insult to guys who their entire lives have played with death upward of 300 kmph. I am praying for him, but my hopes are flagging.

Comment

Does not bode well

Michael Schumacher: 'only a miracle' can save him - Telegraph

Comment

Some good news.

He woke after 5 months and went home?

Or according to BBC, first he went home, then got out of coma

F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Grenoble and is no longer in a coma, his family says.
                BBC News - F1 legend Michael Schumacher 'out of coma'
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Good news , now the long recovery , GWS Schooy

Comment

The guy really is some kind of scary teutonic cyborg right out of Wolfenstein.
                    6 months in a coma, doctors give up and basically expect him to die and he just wakes up and is home before the papers even have a chance to report on the two events separately.
                    The best part of repentance is the sin

Comment

He is not at home , BBC says he is in a Hospital in Switzerland ?

Comment

BBC update: ''F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Grenoble and is no longer in a coma, his family says. The 45-year-old German will continue his rehabilitation at an undisclosed location, they said in a statement.'' I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          BBC update: ''F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Grenoble and is no longer in a coma, his family says. The 45-year-old German will continue his rehabilitation at an undisclosed location, they said in a statement.'' I'm sure we all wish him a speedy recovery.
                          Aint undisclosed now nuts , Switzerland hospital has been mentioned by the BBC

Comment

Saying a silent prayer. Get well soon my brother.

Comment

Good news for his fans , GWS

F1 hero Michael Schumacher can lead 'relatively normal life' soon, says former Ferrari boss
                              Oct 07, 2014 12:10 By Don Mackay, Allan Hall
                              The prognosis comes from former Ferrari boss Jean Todt, who visited the stricken star at his Swiss mansion

Stricken F1 hero Michael Schumacher can expect to lead “a relatively normal life” within a short period of time according to former Ferrari boss Jean Todt.

The news comes as a welcome boost for the sport as it reels from the blow of Jules Bianchi's serious head injury , which he sustained at the Japanese Grand Prix last Sunday.

Todt made his comments on Schumacher after he visited the German star at his Swiss mansion where he is being cared for in a purpose-built medical suite.

“We must assume that Schumacher can lead a relatively normal life again within a short period of time," said Todt.

“We can say he can probably never drive a Formula 1 car again. But he is fighting.

"His condition improved, and what is just as important is the fact that he is now at home with his family.”

FOTOSPORTS INTERNATIONALGland, SwitzerlandSchumacher's home in Gland, Switzerland, where he is being cared for
                              Todt’s news is a boost to 45-year-old Schumi’s fans worldwide who have heard nothing of his condition since he was moved to his Swiss home.

The seven-times world champion Schumacher returned home to his wife and children two months ago after being discharged from a Lausanne rehabilitation clinic.

He was treated there after coming out of his medically-induced coma following a ski accident in the French Alps on December 29 last year , which left him with catastrophic brain injuries.

Todt, now now president of the International Automobile Federation, added: “ In the past weeks and months, he has made progress in relation to the severity of his injury.

“But a long and hard road is in front of him. Hopefully things will improve. His family is close to him. He needs time and peace.”

Schumacher is being cared for by a team of 15 experts at his home. It is understood he remains immobile and unable to speak.

The team at Gland, where a purpose-built mini-clinic has been constructed inside the Schumacher mansion, consists of 15 people, most of them provided by the Lausanne clinic.

Comment

Working...
                              X