No announcement yet.

F-117 vs BSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mock the shovel, aside from the assault rifle,clean socks and morphine injection, it is a infantry's men best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
      From what I've read, they're inside a climate-controlled hanger.

Oh look, at least one is still flying The F-117A Nighthawk flies on at Groom Lake!
      Here's a pretty good read: Why Is The 'Retired' F-117 Nighthawk Still Flying?

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      I thought they were being kept in their own little climate-controlled version of AMARC until complete obsolescence (like everything at DM).
      From the moment they were retired, they went to rest back where it began in Tonopah/Groom Lake.

Attached Files

Comment

Pffff...of course the glorious Soviet Union came up with it first. Just like Quadrotriticale was a Russian invention.

"Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Great pics of those slumbering 'hawks!

Ah the IS-3, one of my favorites :)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

how many stealth planes russia has?? well whatever the number is, minus one.

Attached Files
            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
              That's a shame, such a beautiful bird
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by omon View Post
                What happened?
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

T-50 Fighter Jet Fire Near Moscow Not to Affect Test Run | Defense | RIA Novosti

EDIT: Sorry for the quick draw Stitch :)
                  Last edited by Red Team; 10 Jun 14,, 23:46.
                  "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    What happened?
                    Judging from the scorch marks behind the cockpit, I'd say it caught on fire.

Edit: Red Team beat me to it . . . . .
                    Last edited by Stitch; 10 Jun 14,, 23:36.
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      Great pics of those slumbering 'hawks!

Ah the IS-3, one of my favorites :)
                      Then you might like these:

And, since the IS-3 wasn't on the auction list, I'm assuming it's one of the tanks that'll get moved back to Stow, MA later on this year.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Stitch; 11 Jun 14,, 00:10.
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                        Then you might like these:
                        That is the meanest looking tank. :red:

I'd hate to have seen those on the Korean battlefield.

Comment

https://theaviationist.com/2016/09/2...er-retirement/

Still going...

Comment

Working...
                          X