Rifle designer Mikhail Kalashnikov dead at 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rifle designer Mikhail Kalashnikov dead at 94

Where to put him. I believe his name will be in the same category as that of Alfred Nobel in the long run. One for dynamite and the other for a assault weapon for the masses. Just my opinion.

Rifle designer Mikhail Kalashnikov dead at 94 - SFGate

Kalishnikov got famous because his country didn't lose in WW II. So that gave him time to copy and upgrade the German MP-44 "Sturm Gewehr" ("Storm Rifle" that Hitler first rejected because of its ugliness but was impressed by its capabiilities).

For that matter, I don't like the looks of either one of them. They look like slapped together props for a sci-fi movie. I prefer the artistic blend of steel and wood such as the Garand rifle, M-1 Carbine, 1928 Thompson SMG, 03 Springfield, Mauser 98, Remington .22 pumps, Winchester lever actions, etc.

But I'm an old fashioned kind of guy as I think the best car Ford ever built was in 1939.
    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wor...as-died-2.html
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Ah, but can't access the link without a log in for the NY Times. Besides does it have as many pictures?

Comment

Working...
        X