"Mass" NK officals defect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astralis View Post
    speaking of sharkbait, reports now indicate that jang himself was executed by being locked in a cage with 150 hungry dogs.
    If true, that's vomitous and interesting at same time.

I have few questions:

1. Was there anything else on the menu? Otherwise, I sense the dogs would be hungry even after the act.
    2. What's the recommended drink with this 'plate'?
    3. Who will eat the dogs?

:scared:
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
      There's no question that China can invade and replace Kim, just as Turkey could invade Syria and replace Assad. The question is whether internal challengers could take him out, short of a cutoff of Chinese aid. The additional complication is that if China invaded, would the ROK's take offense and move north? Would Kim Jong-un declare his solidarity with his fellow Koreans from the south to resist the Chinese interlopers?
      The point is that no Chinese money, arms, or soldiers will ever come to the rescue of KJU. He is to stand on his own ... and the Chinese are not above giving him a nudge to fall. In fact, they have given a few nudges in that direction already, chief amongst them declaring the KJN is under their protection.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        speaking of sharkbait, reports now indicate that jang himself was executed by being locked in a cage with 150 hungry dogs.
        Given that the report has only popped up in one paper - voted 19th out of 21 for reliability in Hong Kong - it is highly questionable. I think the problem is that there isn't much people won't believe about the DPRK.

Why Kim Jong-un probably didn't feed his naked uncle to 120 dogs
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Mithridates View Post
          There's no question that China can invade and replace Kim, just as Turkey could invade Syria and replace Assad. The question is whether internal challengers could take him out, short of a cutoff of Chinese aid. The additional complication is that if China invaded, would the ROK's take offense and move north? Would Kim Jong-un declare his solidarity with his fellow Koreans from the south to resist the Chinese interlopers?
          Search function.... We've been over this scenario at least twice since 2009. The Norks don't have the military force to stop China, all they have (against the PRC and RoK) is the threat of 23 millionish starving refugees on the move and Seoul wrecked by artillery fire and soaked in poison gas...

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
            24 million homeless beggars in the streets of northern China and South Korea.
            I pick status quo.

Originally posted by citanon View Post
            There is just no way to predict what will happen next with KJU in charge. There are no bottom lines or back stops because he is too stupid and impulsive to see and enforce them or to find ways out for himself without totally screwing the pooche. If he was less brutal, wiser and more experienced advisers may be able to check or guide him, but now that he's killed his uncle in this manner he's far too scary and brutal for any such thing to happen. The result is a guy who is entirely inexperienced, impulsive, foolish, facing enormous and complex internal and external pressures, who is completely alone now that he's purged the people who could assist him in dealing with those pressures. Now it may be just a matter of time before either he cracks completely or his government cracks. In other words, the NK leadership is now nuts. Just totally nuts.
            William Butler Yeats (1865-1939)
            THE SECOND COMING

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
            The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
            Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
            The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
            When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
            Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
            A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
            A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
            Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
            Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know
            That twenty centuries of stony sleep
            Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
            And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
            Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

How to interpret this poem ?

“The Second Coming” is a powerful brief against punditry. The Christian era was about the ability to predict the future: the New Testament clearly foretold the second coming of Christ. In the post-Christian era of which Yeats was writing there was no Bible to map out what the next “coming” would be. The world would have to look toward Bethlehem to see what “rough beast” arrived.
            Last edited by Double Edge; 04 Jan 14,, 17:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              China got China. The Chinese thwarfed KJU's assassination of his brother twice that we know of. Allowed Jang to move $100mil to Kim Jung Nam and let KJU know that KJN is under Chinese protection.

Last but not least, the two best Chinese armies are on the Korean border.
              I'd like to see some sources on your couple two claims. I know that the last piece of information is true, but the others.....not so sure
              일편단심

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKorean View Post
                I'd like to see some sources on your couple two claims. I know that the last piece of information is true, but the others.....not so sure
                It's not the way things work here. You have internet, a browser, search machine and fingers... don't make the Col do the things for you.

If you can refute his claims, we will be happy to bring fireworks.

:pop:
                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                X