NSA spying hurts business of large U.S. hardware makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA spying hurts business of large U.S. hardware makers

I am getting this sentiment from many of the folks I deal with on a professional basis.

SAN FRANCISCO — With evidence mounting that NSA spying has damaged the business of some of the largest U.S. technology companies, the question now is how long it will take them to win back the trust of overseas customers.
    “the misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all” -- Joan Robinson

if other country can make these hardware then ppl will buy from them. but most high-tech hardware are monopoly by US company, so other country don't even has other source to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by xinhui View Post
      I am getting this sentiment from many of the folks I deal with on a professional basis.

SAN FRANCISCO — With evidence mounting that NSA spying has damaged the business of some of the largest U.S. technology companies, the question now is how long it will take them to win back the trust of overseas customers.
      Or from another POV Edward Snowden's disclosure of NSA spying is damaging US business interests.

It should be more than clear from these incidents that one should not buy telecom equipment from countries one do not want to be spied on by. Since in general one should not want to be spied on by anybody, the current choices for most are between the lesser of evils.

Now may be a good opportunity for European nations with the right type of history and social political currents (eg Sweden) to implement believable anti-spying laws regulating their telecom equipment makers. This would then enable increased export of telecom equipment to countries concerned about backdoors built into equipment from US, Chinese and other existing sources.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
        Now may be a good opportunity for European nations with the right type of history and social political currents (eg Sweden) to implement believable anti-spying laws
        Some German states are pondering putting the NSA on their official watchlists for espionage to be mentioned alongside China, North Korea and Russia (in domestic intelligence reports for this year). Not that that would have any real repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
          Some German states are pondering putting the NSA on their official watchlists for espionage to be mentioned alongside China, North Korea and Russia (in domestic intelligence reports for this year). Not that that would have any real repercussions.
          Why condemn it when you can make money on it?

Comment

Working...
          X