No announcement yet.

What are your favorite whiskeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever drank XXXX, that you're knocking it? I think it's a great beer for its price...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Actually I had. A raddler has more taste.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Doktor from what I read, Amrut in 2010 was voted by a panel of international experts as the 3rd finest whisky in the world.

No mean feat for a country that consumes the most whisky in the world but is not known for making good liquor in general (some of our wines though are nice as per some of my Australian and Californian friends).

Comment

SB Amrut is pretty decent. In India thanks to the stupid govt only it is affordable.
          Modi believes in dry state so no relief there either.
          But since it got popular they are selling the best stuff abroad and the quality we get here is noticeably lower.
          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
            SB Amrut is pretty decent. In India thanks to the stupid govt only it is affordable.
            Modi believes in dry state so no relief there either.
            But since it got popular they are selling the best stuff abroad and the quality we get here is noticeably lower.
            How much is it per bottle? You're talking about Amrut Fusion? I want to taste it for sure. Will give some consumtion respite to my imported stockpile.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
              Doktor from what I read, Amrut in 2010 was voted by a panel of international experts as the 3rd finest whisky in the world.

No mean feat for a country that consumes the most whisky in the world but is not known for making good liquor in general (some of our wines though are nice as per some of my Australian and Californian friends).
              I was talking McDowell.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                How much is it per bottle? You're talking about Amrut Fusion? I want to taste it for sure. Will give some consumtion respite to my imported stockpile.
                I last purchased Amrut Fusion around 4 months ago and it set me back 2700 INR.
                My imported stockpile consists of 1 glenlivet bottle :)
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                  I last purchased Amrut Fusion around 4 months ago and it set me back 2700 INR.
                  That's 1/4 of his teens' phone budget. Ah...

My imported stockpile consists of 1 glenlivet bottle :)

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    That's 1/4 of his teens' phone budget. Ah...
                    The whisky is for me.

I earn my money.

Comment

Random question for anyone who knows -

At international airport duty free's, just like you have chocolate tasters, why don't you have whisky tasters?

The financial pitfalls of being saddled with something you do not like first sip / bite are much higher (and last longer) for the whisky than with the chocolate.

Comment

They duty free an Ben Gurion airport in Israel does have whiskey tastings for select bottles.
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Well tomorrow im heading back to the UK from 3 weeks R n R on the best relax ever in Sharm el Shiek Egypt , the staff at this hotel are the best ever , a great time in 3 corners palmyra , totaly recommended ,and the duty free beckons , im gerrin Drambuie ,my fav , and my carer is getting whatever she wishes , hopefully a good scotch (blend ), and if tasters are on offer , weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell , be rude not to huh :tankie:
                          Last edited by tankie; 18 May 14,, 10:18.

Comment

You honestly mean to tell me you were right bloody next door and didn't say anything?!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                              You honestly mean to tell me you were right bloody next door and didn't say anything?!!
                              You were gonna pay him a visit? Or you'd meet at Golan?

Comment

(Psssst.... Tankie was in Egypt, the Golan Heights are up near Syria/Lebanon.....)

Comment

Working...
                                X