No announcement yet.

What are your favorite whiskeys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we just use the bottled mineral spring water which is sold in any supermarket.
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Oh you evil men, talking about scotch and single malts during Lent...:slap:
      10 more days to go,....my throat is dry and tongue parched like sand paper.
      Oh where am I....I feel dizzy now.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Think of all the good this is doing for your eternal soul. What is the point of denying yourself if there isn't some temptation to really put you to the test. ;)
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
          You are actually following Lent! Hats off my dear fellow.

This is one thing that even my wife is not able to enforce on me.
          Sadly I had to cave and not eat non veg in the week up to good friday.
          On the plus side, this year I have a crying baby excuse to miss 6 excruciating hours in church being yelled at in malayalam.
          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Thinking of you in your hour of need...Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
              ace, ross, problem is where in bustling concrete jungle metropolis is one to fin filtered well/spring water?
              If good spring water isn't accessible, standard tap water run through a standard carbon filter will do just fine for your living room. Usually, the preference of spring water has to do with using the same spring water (or water source in general) used in the distillation process. However, this is near impossible unless you are doing a tasting at the actual distillery itself.

Comment

I'm getting married in just under 2 months, and I've asked my brother in law, who owns a restaurant and bar in the US to please get me 20 bottles of whisky for the wedding, as it'll be cheaper than buying here. So far 8 bottles have made it to Israel. Here is a shipment of 5 bottles my sister brought with her when she came last week with her kids:

There's also a Glengoyne, another Tomintoul and another bourbon in there, whose name I don't remember
                Attached Files
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Smuggler!
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                    You are actually following Lent! Hats off my dear fellow.
                    Oh yes, since the past 11 years now.
                    I skip booze and go on two meals a day.
                    If not my soul, my liver gets all healthy and glowing.

On the plus side, this year I have a crying baby excuse to miss 6 excruciating hours in church being yelled at in malayalam.
                    Are you Syrian orthodox?...may the Good Lord bless you.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      Smuggler!
                      Absolutely not! Travelers are allowed to bring one liter of spirits or two liters of wine in duty free. Every single person that has brought me whiskey has only brought in one bottle per person. That's part of what makes bringing 20 bottles in so hard.

Comment

Hey Benny , being an ex recce guy , (in between tanks ) I note you do not as yet have any 100 pipers / teachers / or tescos own blend , usually served to the future in laws , :whome:

However back on topic my preference is always a blended , usually Bells , 4 single malts blended , a single malt I have not gotten used to , however theres always time . oops , im partial to Irish swamp water as some call it , Jamesons ,

Comment

Och weeell laddies and lasses, are we a wee bit confused over the fine selections available and what part each uisce may hold in the great dance? Look no further
                          The Wonderful World Of Whiskey, In One Boozy Chart | Co.Design | business + design
                          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

While you can't partake there is nothing that says you can't take a long deep sniff.

Now is that evil or what?

Comment

Oh yes, since the past 11 years now.
                              I skip booze and go on two meals a day.
                              If not my soul, my liver gets all healthy and glowing.
                              I dont bother with anything except for passion week itself. Being a diabetic my diet is pretty much self limiting by itself

Are you Syrian orthodox?...may the Good Lord bless you.
                              Yep, Syrian Christian Marthoma.
                              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Balvenie 14 Carribean Cask. Yummy.
                                "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                                X