Adobe After Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe After Effects

So in my CD III class we were given one week to learn after effects and animate one of the companies logo's we designed for the first assignment of the semester. No time to go down the rabbit hole but it's passable for such a tight schedule.

What is the point in learning after effects to make something you could have done in Flash way faster?

Just curious, not judging the quality of the animation.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Mainly because adobe and apple have been feuding over the use of flash when it comes to the iOS operating system.

Comment

A question, havent people been moving away from adobe nowadays because of their new subscription Adobe Creative Cloud model?
        Basically they can squeeze you every year with fees and change it however they like and you have to put up or shut up.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Professionals are married to adobe basically so it has become join the cloud or lose to the competition. I pay less for creative cloud than having to buy adobe design premium every year. Hollywood movies are edited with after effects before release, everything printed relies on an in-design file and digitally the majority of e-pubs are created in In Design. Sometimes frames from a movie are imported into photoshop then returned to after effects. All of that gives adobe allot of control over the creative industry. Raising the price to a point where it becomes non-profitable for a creative professional would hurt Adobe though, so while the threat exists it does not make sense to go through with it. It is like

Comment

Ouch!

And here i thought SAP had a stranglehold on its customers. At least they can always say hell with it and go to Oracle or Salesforce.
            For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

In the creative market, all the ad agencies, design agencies, freelance creatives, professional printers etc would have to say the hell with it "worldwide". There are alternatives but no plans to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                What is the point in learning after effects to make something you could have done in Flash way faster?

Just curious, not judging the quality of the animation.
                Flash will produce to a certain level adquate for web, after effects and some other products will produce up to cinematography level.
                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Are you any good with it.

have always wanted to make caricatures of some of the members here in wabbitville

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    Are you any good with it.

have always wanted to make caricatures of some of the members here in wabbitville
                    Am I any good with flash? Nah, I hate it

Caricatures? Don't you only need a pen and paper for that? And scanner.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Would be better if they were animated.

Comment

Still can be done with pen and paper.

One of the best videos of all time to me (not the song, the clip)

Comment

heh, i remember this one when it came out. very nice.

Comment

Even if you are eventually going to use software it should be drawn or storyboarded beforehand so you have a starting point and direction.

Comment

Working...
                            X