This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Oh but I bet the NK's care very much with the addition of SK seeking the very same build of ships.

China will care if it comes to contention of the islands she wants to take from both Japanese and Philipine ownership no doubt.
    I don't think china has much to fear from SK unlike NK, but I think the north have already gotten past this as their stuff is already no match, so its moot. SK's main threat will come from NK and Japan.

SK will not take part in any Japanese or Philipino contingency with china. Thats totally unrealistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Gentlemen,

DEFCON 5 is right. I went back to check the math and the MiG-29K can take off with a load ... only a load is 4,300 kgs. That's weapons and fuel. Max load is a little better 9000 kgs.

Compare that to the SU-33 at load at 11,000 kgs and max of 16,000 kgs. In other words, the MiG-29 was specifically designed to be underarmed and underfueled.

Even the JH-7A has 9000 kgs of weapons payload.

I stand corrected ... but DEFCON, it's not that much of a victory.
      Su-33 can never take off from an aircraft carrier without an assisted catapult takeoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
        China's refusal to play by the rules over Scarborogh Reef have really muddied the waters. China has proven she does not conduct honest and binding diplomacy.
        who does? the US?

Its move on the shoal has rewritten the rule book. It was a good move. you have to give them credit for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
          It don't work that way chew toy. You're done when we get tired of you or you show you are potty trained.
          Backoff. You don't have that right to say that and you didn't earn that right to say it. I am getting tired of your antics. You were the one that started throwing around terms of fanboy and stuff.

Guess what? You are also a fan boy of anything US military related. It has come through a lot especially that BS you were spouting regarding the 1971 Indo-Pak war and you were spouting BS about American military might and how it could easily crush India if it wanted to. History showed it couldn't. So chill the fvck out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            Su-33 can never take off from an aircraft carrier without an assisted catapult takeoff.
            Yes, it can. The Soviets did it ... but only with less than half of its normal weapons load. The Soviets tried to sell the SU-33 to the Chinese in order to open a production line. The Chinese instead enlarged the SU-27 and called it the J-15 and used that on the VARYAG. The J-15 is not the SU-33 but both are part of the SU-27 family.

Comment

• Originally posted by cdude
              [ATTACH]34419[/ATTACH]

wow, wow, wow, easy there, easy there, Indian fanboi. USMC can crush your navy/Army and AF any given day of the week. Just for the record, it can probably do to PLA, too. Before you know, you guys go full retard on me, a Chinese poster.
              http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...94/880/851.gif but Oprah is too big for WAB, size overflow.

“Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, ‘Rain Man,’ look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Count toothpicks to your cards. Autistic, sure. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, ‘Forrest Gump.’ Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain’t retarded. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard.”
              Attached Files
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I think it is time for the mods to probably shut the thread down if not delete at the very least.

Comment

• :pop:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                      Oh but I bet the NK's care very much with the addition of SK seeking the very same build of ships.

China will care if it comes to contention of the islands she wants to take from both Japanese and Philipine ownership no doubt.
                      The South Koreans have been very diplomatic in their wording:

"to cope with the potential maritime disputes with neighbouring countries, we need to secure aircraft carriers as soon as possible" quote unquote Rep Chung Hee-soo of the ruling Saenuri Party and a Member of the National Assemblys Defence Committee

ADM Choi Toon-hee Chair - JCS

"We should have capabilities to deter North Korea, and at the same time, we need minimal capabilities to respond to potential threats from neighbouring countries" (Chung apparently referring to the naval buildups in China and Japan)
                      Linkeden:
                      http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                      http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

• I started off deleting all the posts which were immediately recognisable for breaching my last direction

I rapidly came to the conclusion that there were so many of them that I would be wasting a good part of my life doing thread Admin

So, the easiest solution - lock the thread

I don't know how many times it has to be spelled out, but if you want to behave like fools then there are consequences - FFS this is not a kindergarten - start acting like adults or find another forum - and for goodness sake, rather than t!t for tat respond, report the post rather than fill it with verbal slurry and bugger up the thread for other posters who know how to engage properly

and don't bother PM'ing and whinging about "why hasn't fred/bill/ted/anwar/vlad had their posts deleted as they were evil as well" - After deleting 6 posts I'd had enough - so no special favours have been accorded

play the ball, not the "man", not the country - and if nationalism is going to trigger the red mist of rage, then report the post. let the mods do their job and go and have a coffee/orange juice, glass of water etc....

BTW, congrats to those who self moderated and exercised restraint - it's appreciated - but there needs to be MORE of it
                        Last edited by gf0012-aust; 22 Nov 13,, 23:38.
                        Linkeden:
                        http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                        http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X