Obama and transparency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    He is, was and always will be a snake-oil salesman that can give a good speech. In effect, the perfect politician.

His mistake was promising all those things, when even the smallest child knows that they're impossible to deliver on.
    You make it sound like it is a crime for him to be optimistic. Guess what? Ronald Reagan was even a bigger snakes oilman when he sold us down the river with the trickle down effect economics, Iran-Contra affairs, the Iranian hostages situation, SDI programs, and even the idea that he brought down communism which is the biggest boldfaced lie, and the claim that he didn't know anything about the Iran-contra affairs.

And yet he is still venerated.

Comment

Let us try to remember something here.

It is here, it is now, and it is his watch.

What happens on his watch should be his credit, his blame.

If something goes wrong, he should not be able to escape the blame because it might said, "Well, so and so did it that way!".

Should not....unless that is now the acceptable pattern of behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
        You make it sound like it is a crime for him to be optimistic. Guess what? Ronald Reagan was even a bigger snakes oilman when he sold us down the river with the trickle down effect economics,
        biggest peace time expansion of the US economy ever....

Iran-Contra affairs,
        Thats 1

the Iranian hostages situation,
        wrong president

SDI programs,
        How is this a scandal, it was part of an overall development push that broke the Soviets

and even the idea that he brought down communism which is the biggest boldfaced lie,
        He did brign it down, he forced the USSR into keeping up its massive arms spending which denied it the resources it needed to reform its economy.

and the claim that he didn't know anything about the Iran-contra affairs.
        No ones been able to prove he knew anything.

And yet he is still venerated.
        Ya, that biggest peace time expansion of the US economy and the way he restored pride in being an American thing...

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
          *buzzer* Wrong! It was under Clinton that it was the biggest peacetime expansion. And it was under Bush that it was the biggest contraction since the Great Depression. Under Obama, it was restored to pre 2006-7 levels.

Thats 1
          That's zero. Keep counting.

wrong president
          No he made a deal with Iran not to release the hostages until after the elections or inauguration. If obama did something like that, GOP would be howling for his blood. Hypocrites.

How is this a scandal, it was part of an overall development push that broke the Soviets
          Well compare to GOP decrying the credit that Obama would take for restoring the economy and other achievements. Goes to show that Reagan is not what it is all cracked up to be under GOP's standards.

He did brign it down, he forced the USSR into keeping up its massive arms spending which denied it the resources it needed to reform its economy.
          Bullshit. Gorbachev brought it down and the command style economy brought USSR down. US didn't.

No ones been able to prove he knew anything.
          Aha so you claim the buck doesn't stop with Reagan but agree that the buck stops with Obama in light of the NSA scandal and other transparency issue. the stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Ya, that biggest peace time expansion of the US economy and the way he restored pride in being an American thing...
          That was under Clinton and as for restoring pride in being an American thing is one of the most corniest thing I ever heard. You decry Obama for being a snakeoil salesman because he dares to be optimistic while you praise Reagan for doing the same even though his record has proven that his achievements has not match his rhetoric optimism. You say that Obama is the consummate politician, I say Reagan takes the cake.
          Last edited by Blademaster; 30 Oct 13,, 15:49.

Comment

Benghazi was a shock to everyone we are told. With so much going on that the Government didn't know about one wonders if they are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
              *buzzer* Wrong! It was under Clinton that it was the biggest peacetime expansion. And it was under Bush that it was the biggest contraction since the Great Depression. Under Obama, it was restored to pre 2006-7 levels.
              The “biggest peacetime expansion in history” myth needs to die, right here. Since it is Reagan who is supposed to get the credit, we’ll use any 8-year period after 1945.

1959-66 _ _ +5.1% p.a.
              1960-67 _ _ +4.5% p.a.
              1961-68 _ _ +5.1% p.a.
              1962-69 _ _ +4.8% p.a.
              1948-55 _ _ +4.4% p.a.
              1950-57 _ _ +4.4% p.a.
              1958-65 _ _ +4.2% p.a.
              1963-70 _ _ +4.2% p.a.
              1949-56 _ _ +4.1% p.a.
              1964-71 _ _ +4.1% p.a.
              1965-72 _ _ +4.0% p.a.
              1982-91 _ _ +4.0% p.a.
              1966-73 _ _ +3.9% p.a.
              1993-00 _ _ +3.9% p.a.
              1992-99 _ _ +3.8% p.a.
              1994-01 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
              1971-78 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
              1972-79 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
              1957-64 _ _ +3.6% p.a.

And, then we have . . . RWR’s record:
              1981-89 _ _ +3.5% p.a.

And, no, the overlaps don't bother me.
              Trust me?
              I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                You see it is exactly the fact that this 'doesn't bother you' and most likely 90% of other 'Professional economists' that makes us mere mortal distrust you - oh and the complete failures of the system such 'professionals' have lead us into. Your figures as presented and overlapping are non representative - distorted to prove a political point possibly but otherwise meaningless. I am not a professional economist though I have studied the subject somewhat as you know. This data is completely out of context and essentially in it's presentation meaningless. Perhaps you should include inflation in such time periods and/or unemployment? Please my friend... I expect better.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                  Benghazi was a shock to everyone we are told. With so much going on that the Government didn't know about one wonders if they are needed.
                  By the way, that little guy who did the youtube video who first got the blame, whatever happened to him? Is he still in the klink, forgotten about?

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    The “biggest peacetime expansion in history” myth needs to die, right here. Since it is Reagan who is supposed to get the credit, we’ll use any 8-year period after 1945.

1959-66 _ _ +5.1% p.a.
                    1960-67 _ _ +4.5% p.a.
                    1961-68 _ _ +5.1% p.a.
                    1962-69 _ _ +4.8% p.a.
                    1948-55 _ _ +4.4% p.a.
                    1950-57 _ _ +4.4% p.a.
                    1958-65 _ _ +4.2% p.a.
                    1963-70 _ _ +4.2% p.a.
                    1949-56 _ _ +4.1% p.a.
                    1964-71 _ _ +4.1% p.a.
                    1965-72 _ _ +4.0% p.a.
                    1982-91 _ _ +4.0% p.a.
                    1966-73 _ _ +3.9% p.a.
                    1993-00 _ _ +3.9% p.a.
                    1992-99 _ _ +3.8% p.a.
                    1994-01 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
                    1971-78 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
                    1972-79 _ _ +3.6% p.a.
                    1957-64 _ _ +3.6% p.a.

And, then we have . . . RWR’s record:
                    1981-89 _ _ +3.5% p.a.

DOR,

he said peacetime expansion, so i took it to be post cold war period. If it was post WWII period, then i would say the 50s and the 60s were the biggest expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by snapper View Post

Information overload. It can lead to inaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
                        By the way, that little guy who did the youtube video who first got the blame, whatever happened to him? Is he still in the klink, forgotten about?
                        As far as I know he is still in the custody of the L.A. county sheriff. Craig
                        Craig Johnson

Comment

Working...
                        X