Major Anniversary today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Anniversary today

22 October 1797 is the first time for man to put his knees in the breeze and ass in the blast!!!

André-Jacques Garnerin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When was the first parachute jump? Google celebrates historic leap with doodle - Mirror Online
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

I saw it on google, too. Your definition is way, way better.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Your definition is way, way better.

I wish I could claim authorship of that phrase but that is a longstanding expression amongst American paratroopers.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Legs laugh in derision at those celebrating jumping from perfectly good airplanes.

Chairborne!!!
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Jumping out of an airplane is indeed an extraordinary experience. Far more extraordinary however, is getting there.
          sigpic

Comment

Dude,

I eventually came to that conclusion myself.

I think part of my encouragement was jumping into FT Drum....in January 1977....with snowshoes on my ruck. It just took a few years to sink in.
            Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like my knees are not the only ones hurting reading this thread.

Comment

Working...
              X