Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milosevic.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I'll believe him when I see some deeds.So far we simply don't have anything but an idea.But if he can talk,US can talk back.Words are cheap for both sides.
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

We bombed the crap out of him and put an army in between him and his goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
          We bombed the crap out of him and put an army in between him and his goal.
          Exactly. He was the last one who knew that you know he is lying and kept lying. What happened with the determination?
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            I'll believe him when I see some deeds.So far we simply don't have anything but an idea.But if he can talk,US can talk back.Words are cheap for both sides.
            I agree, its early days still. Its best not to push Rouhani away too soon and into the Russian camp.

Comment

The "Russian camp" is a well-known leverage point to the Iranian mullahs. Diplomacy 101 for the Iranians. Of course, they can talk with the Russian all they wish. Doing so won't improve the lives of Iran's citizens.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Here's the problem.

This man is sitting in front of you telling you a lie. You know it. What's more, he knows that you know that he's lying and yet, he continues to lie. So, how the hell do you trust him?
                Sir, you engage with him till he is forced to act on his promises, because than the liar will have to save face in today's world.
                (b) Engaging with Iran, will neutralize the Hezbollah threat to Israel in the years to come. Them may remian but as a political group.
                (c) Peace with Iran will reduce high crude oil prices, (The Saudis and Kuwaitis and making millions and their donations go to fund the Fountain Head of Jihad).

Iran wants recognition, in all fairness, their govt is made of religious leaders, but they have not been the rabid fountainhead of jihad killers. They use the Hezbollah as a proxy (in a given regional space), the Hezbollah are not the global jihadis that are produced in the madarssas of Pakistan.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Or he could use the time to finalize his nuke using NPT technologies before he leaves the NPT and tests his nuke.

Iran got the nuke via AQ Khan. Engaging her now without her fully giving up her program ala Georgia, the Ukraines, the Central Asian Republics, and South Africa is tantamount to allowing Iran to perfect her nuke.

Comment

One of the things I cannot wrap my head around is that why should we abandon calling Iran a liar? It tantamount to us allowing them to violate the NPT as they see fit.

Comment

Because NPT is not seen to be working that much.

Comment

The NPT works. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Thus far, there has been two violators amongst 40-60 nuclear weapons capable powers. And thus far, no one has actually used the NPT to produce a nuke ... until Iran.

Comment

NEWSFLASH...Russia IS in the Iranian Camp.

Syria proved just that.

Russia should definately not be trusted where as it pertains to Iran and the NPT. They are beyond doubt "bedfellows".
                          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

The NPT works. There is absolutely no doubt about that. Thus far, there has been two violators amongst 40-60 nuclear weapons capable powers. And thus far, no one has actually used the NPT to produce a nuke ... until Iran.
                            And the NPT, even though Israel is not part of NPT, allowed Israel to become a nuke power. How did in the first place Israel become a nuke power? She didn't do it on her own. She had to have help.

So my argument remains to this day, if you want Iran to give up nukes, then convince Israel to give up nukes despite that she is not a NPT participant.

Comment

My argument would be look directly at the past. Never once has Israel ever threatened another country whose leaders didnt threaten them on a continous basis. The very same cannot be said for Iran in the last few decades.

Iran also has well known terrorist proxies and links to others which continue to antagonize the Israeli's.

Israel Nukes- Defensive in nature
                              Iranian Nukes (if they succeed) Offensive in nature.

IMO, Irans Leaders mindset will never change.
                              Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                                And the NPT, even though Israel is not part of NPT, allowed Israel to become a nuke power.
                                And China and India and Pakistan, what's your point?

How did in the first place Israel become a nuke power? She didn't do it on her own. She had to have help.
                                And we listed that help. France but that was well before the NPT was even thought of.

So my argument remains to this day, if you want Iran to give up nukes, then convince Israel to give up nukes despite that she is not a NPT participant.
                                I want Iran to honour the NPT, ie give up her nukes or leave the NPT, and not use the NPT to get her nukes.

Comment

Working...
                                X