Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electricity, Greens and Germany

Where is Kato when you need him?

Reading something about politics in Australia and there was a small comment about electricity in Germany becoming expensive enough to be considered a luxury now or very soon.

What is Germany up to?

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

Reading something about politics in Australia and there was a small comment about electricity in Germany becoming expensive enough to be considered a luxury now or very soon.

What is Germany up to?
    tbm: Post an article or something that explains what yer talking about.
    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Here is one when I tried to recall where I saw the original article

Consumers Bear Brunt of German Switch to Renewable Energies - SPIEGEL ONLINE

I now recall it was relate to the carbon tax in Oz.
      Australia’s U-Turn: Is Germany Next? | Power Line

How Electricity Became a Luxury Good - ABC News

Sorry, JAD
      Last edited by tbm3fan; 11 Sep 13,, 07:58.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        At 5:21 AM in Germany? Asleep ;)

It's effectively a twofold complex weighing down on consumers; on the one hand, industry has successfully lobbied the conservative/pro-industry government to adapt tax structures to benefit them extremely (as mentioned in the articles*), on the other hand the four companies in the energy cartel are successfully slipping in profit margin increases with every little tax hike - to an extent that the government has actually already remarked on it (Altmeier said last year regarding this price hike now that it's actually twice what the tax rise warrants).

The big problem is mostly that the energy cartel in Germany has made the end consumers believe that Green Energy is pricier than before, and has successfully introduced a feeling among people that they are willing to pay extra for Green Energy. While prices on traded energy have actually been falling the last couple years at the exchanges.

The Green Party or renewable energy don't really have anything to do with it.

* regarding the redistribution of tax load from industry to private consumers - that's actually a rather drastic thing: private consumers in Germany pay 35% more on energy than Eurozone average; industrial consumers pay about 5% more than average.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
          At 5:21 AM in Germany? Asleep ;).
          Or sampling the delights of what Hamburg /Hannover / Berlin /Kiel etc etc , has to offer , after the delights of the houses of horizontal refreshment , maybe cooling off with the best beer in the world , jealous , me , fkin right I am :tankie:

Comment

Last time i was on the Reeperbahn at 5:21 AM was when i was 14... :red:

Comment

Last time i was on the Reeperbahn at 5:21 AM was when i was 14... :red:
              Not as a customer were you ???
              Last edited by tankie; 14 Sep 13,, 14:16.

Comment

Here's a detail reply in English to the second question in the first post:

http://www.bmu.de/fileadmin/bmu-impo...oom=auto,0,535

Comment

hold on a sec, I need to go tell me from the past to lower his expectations regarding the German switch to green energy.

Has having a large green share in the energymix helped towards lowering the cost of producing a KW of green energy in Germany? Has it spurred investment in research and production capacity for green energy sources? Will the cost of green energy lower in the foreseeable future?

If so, isn't this a matter of some good old-fashioned cartel breaking?
                  "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Here's a detail reply in English to the second question in the first post:

http://www.bmu.de/fileadmin/bmu-impo...oom=auto,0,535
                    That is a very nice production there with lots of information about the why and when. I didn't see any kind of an estimate on the cost, or the cost to the average consumer, which really didn't surprise me. These publications usually try to avoid that stuff.

Reminds of the reasons given for the $160 billion dollar high speed train to go the 500 miles between L.A. and San Francisco via the Central Valley. A lot of great reasons for it like speed, environment and jobs, jobs, jobs. Always jobs. However, not one comment on how many riders can be expected. No doubt left out because it was obvious that the train would never be able to cover costs and every passenger would need to be subsidized to the tune of many dollars. Luckily a court has just thrown a monkey wrench into the financing of this.

Comment

Working...
                    X