Settlers wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlers wanted!

Moscow luring Russian ex-pats to former Jewish autonomous region | JPost | Israel News

Whoever is interested in getting away from the madness of the world might find this a better prospect than Alaska.
    For a start,you have more freedom.The Russian authorities in the Far East must be easier to bribe.The climate looks less extreme and the region seems to be away from the worst ecological experiments of the Soviets.
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
    Moscow luring Russian ex-pats to former Jewish autonomous region | JPost | Israel News

Whoever is interested in getting away from the madness of the world might find this a better prospect than Alaska.
    For a start,you have more freedom.The Russian authorities in the Far East must be easier to bribe.The climate looks less extreme and the region seems to be away from the worst ecological experiments of the Soviets.
    I wish them luck. You can still 'stake' claims in western united states 40 acres {a small ranch perhaps} etc... for 5 years settlement (or mail address)...

Alaska pays you to stay there essentially and there are jobs there... You have no idea what you're talking about.
    The climate is more extreme in the continent the variance in temperature harsher and winds etc...
    Closer to the water the variance is less extreme even in cold climates.

In order for someone to be enticed to go there it would have to be a grant of 300+ hectares of land with irrigation close to a city/road after 2-3 years of stay.

8k is a joke
    Originally from Sochi, Russia.

Comment

I actually thought you were referring to Settlers of Catan, one of the world's best board games
      Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The Jewish Autonomous Region is currently underwater due to heavy flooding

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/eur...-flooding.html
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post

The Russians are scared of their future in the Far east. I traveled to Vladivostok ten years ago. Chinese tourists (me included) and business everywhere. I can only imagine what it is like now. And all the farmlands nowadays hire Chinese seasonal immigrants. The young and educated local Russians either moved to Moscow (our guide told us they were not allowed to move in the old Soviet days) or begin to learn how to do business with China. Our guide was a Mandarin speaking Russian girl.

So I can understand Moscow's concerns. But I doubt they can do much about it. The Far east will be further integrated into the NE Asian economy. I don't think the local Russians care, either.

I recently traveled to a beach town near Beijing, called Beidaihe (the place where China's ruling elites meet every summer to decide who's in who's out). And lots of shops and restaurants have Russian signs. Turns out the town has become the summer resort for both China's politburo and Far East Russians.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X