Ammunition supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammunition supply

In yet another sign of the impending Apocalypse, I walked into my local Wal-Mart here is semi-rural Phoenix and bought 50 rounds of Winchester .223 for $27.00. Perhaps supply is finally catching up with demand. How about anyone with their finger similarly on the pulse of things post here with latest observations. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

Ammunition still costs about double of what it did this time a year ago. Many calibers are still hard to find in the most desirable calibers especially in bulk. Perhaps, in another half year things will get closer to normal? Or is this the new normal?

Comment

Over here, a few weeks back I started getting bricks at a "reasonable" price : around 15/16 for 9mm, ~20 for 45 acp and 40 S&W, 17/19 for 38 spl

Still higher than what it used to be, but definitely more affordable than in the past few months
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Ugh...everything is still so much more expensive than 2 years ago. I went to the range maybe twice over the last year, partially because of the high price of ammo. I have enough for a short while if World War Z hits. But I would definitely want more.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Maybe you would have more time and money if you ditch that new yellow toy of yours
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

There isn't going to be an impending Apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
              It's a joke. I'll remember to dumb it down in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                Maybe you would have more time and money if you ditch that new yellow toy of yours
                Shush...

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
                  Define "Apocalypse."

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Define "Apocalypse."
                    "Apocalypse" When you can't even find a brick of .22 on the shelves and if you do they want far more than the $12.00 that it is worth.

Sooner or later legitimate hunters are going to snap as the price and availability of even common hunting ammo is ridiculous.
                    Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      "Apocalypse" When you can't even find a brick of .22 on the shelves and if you do they want far more than the $12.00 that it is worth.

Sooner or later legitimate hunters are going to snap as the price and availability of even common hunting ammo is ridiculous.
                      Yeah, what he said!!

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                        He also has a lot of army green oldtimers that suck his time aka WoT.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                          There always options, you can load your own ammo, go black power or .... crossbows anyone?
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                            There always options, you can load your own ammo, go black power or .... crossbows anyone?
                            I don't think you can reload .22LR. Can't legally hunt with a crossbow in most states either. This time of year the land is pretty dry...use black powder at your own risk.

Sooner or later the people hoarding the ammo are going to run out of money...even the government. I will be ready when that happens. My guess will be Sunday March 19, 2017.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Amazing, it's illegal to hunt with a crossbow but any buffoon can walk into Walmart and buy a high powered semi-automatic 'hunting' rife. What are the authorities afraid of, a mass arrowing?
                              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X