• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
    Actually, more like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33578[/ATTACH]
    688(i)?
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
      688(i)?
      That's a 726-class, specifically USS West Virginia
      Last edited by TopHatter; 12 Aug 13,, 20:34.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I would love to find a recent top-down view of her flight deck
        Attached Files
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

It hasn't been finished yet I believe?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

you mean a bird eye view? maybe this one helps

and

and a few diagrams
              http://www.jeffhead.com/worldwideair...ikrant-017.jpg
              http://www.jeffhead.com/worldwideair...ikrant-018.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
                No it hasn't...still needs the angled deck. Rather odd how she's being constructed but their indigenous carrier looks better than my indigenous carrier :)

Originally posted by payeng View Post
                you mean a bird eye view? maybe this one helps
                Oh that's beautiful yeah. She's coming along fine.
                India is becoming a member of another elite club: A country that can manufacture its own carrier.

Comment

This explains some of the mystery:

After launch, Vikrant was re-docked for further work, including completion of the flight deck. According to Vice Admiral Robin Dhowan, about 83% of the fabrication work and 75% of the construction work is was complete. He said that 90% of the body work of the aircraft carrier had been designed and made in India, about 50% of the propulsion system, and about 30% of its weaponry.

Comment

This explains some of the mystery:

After launch, Vikrant was re-docked for further work, including completion of the flight deck. According to Vice Admiral Robin Dhowan, about 83% of the fabrication work and 75% of the construction work is was complete. He said that 90% of the body work of the aircraft carrier had been designed and made in India, about 50% of the propulsion system, and about 30% of its weaponry.
                    afaik, the gearbox of the ship is been developed by Elecon Engineering Company Limited, maybe it is Renk AG of Germany who is offering consultancy and quality control checks.

Regarding weapons, the Barak-8 air defense missile being developed with collaboration with Israel, with Israeli developed seeker head and radar its rocket propulsion part would be Indian and would be manufactured in India.
                    Last edited by payeng; 12 Aug 13,, 21:34.

Comment

The older Virkant (R-11)

Those days India had catapult armed carrier
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
                        This will be finished before the Gorky.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                          Tron and others says the Arihant is a boomer but a quick trip down the Wiki Lane says the Arihant is comparable to NATO designated Akula class, which is an SSN.

And it looks nothing like either the Akula class or the Typhoon class.

Can someone help me out here?
                          It's a mini-boomer of sorts. 4 missile silos that can hold either twelve 700km range K-15 missiles or four 3000km range K-4 missiles. And surprisingly it looks more like a miniature version of the Ohio class (like the one Desertswo posted) than the Akula or Typhoon.

Comment

He said that 90% of the body work of the aircraft carrier had been designed and made in India, about 50% of the propulsion system, and about 30% of its weaponry.[/I]
                            It runs on 4 LM2500+ turbines bought off the shelf from GE. The gearboxes are built by an Indian Company, Elecon, like payeng said. I'm not exactly sure how that translates to 50% of the propulsion being indigenous. But it is a good start nevertheless.
                            Last edited by Firestorm; 13 Aug 13,, 02:25.

Comment

Looks a lot incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                                This will be finished before the Gorky.
                                Will give it a run for the money for sure, but Gorky has a huge headstart. (They plan on delivering it later this year)

Comment

Working...
                                X